Two Years Ago...

It's almost that time. The second anniversay of the show. At this time I was already in London and prepping for the queue.

Wish it had gone farther, but at least we got what we got. And it was oh so sweet.

Maybe a DVD one of these years? probably not -- unfortunately. If they were going to make one it would have already been done.

Glad to see everyone is happy and healthy!!!

It's almost that time. The second anniversay of the show. At this time I was already in London and prepping for the queue.

Wish it had gone farther, but at least we got what we got. And it was oh so sweet.

Maybe a DVD one of these years? probably not -- unfortunately. If they were going to make one it would have already been done.

Glad to see everyone is happy and healthy!!!

Two years ago today I was just landing in London for the greatest concert ever! They did not disappoint!

Two years ago I finally had that elusive wristband on and the ticket in my pocket. Very happy afer all the stress of getting sorted - and the stress persisted right up until I met a stranger at the O2 in the ticket queue. Turned out I was dealing with a genuine person. Just waiting for the next day .... showtime!!!!!!

Wow, time flies. It looks like yesterday that I was in London, meeting with some fantastic people, we were all so excited with the concert. Great memories, great friends too. :D:D

Wow, already two years ago--all the excitement of meeting up, getting our tickets, hanging out, and then the show itself. Hard to top!

Yes Celia and Helen, its the 10th now here in England so indeed it was 2 years ago this very day. :DB)

So here's wishing us a VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY not only for the show but to those of us who met up from around the world, friends coming together to celebrate the greatest band ever. And we are still friends on line and in real life :rolleyes::thanku::party:

So here's to that week, that day and that night.

To my good friends

Aquamarine

Brspled

Knebworthbabe

Walterswalk

Pilot of the Storm

and of course my ticket buddy Vince and all the other people we met and with whom we shared such a precious musical experience.

Cheers to you all. :friends::friends:

Yes Celia and Helen, its the 10th now here in England so indeed it was 2 years ago this very day. :DB)

So here's wishing us a VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY not only for the show but to those of us who met up from around the world, friends coming together to celebrate the greatest band ever. And we are still friends on line and in real life :rolleyes::thanku::party:

To my good friends

Aquamarine

Brspled

Knebworthbabe

Walterswalk

Pilot of the Storm

and of course my ticket buddy Vince and all the other people we met and with whom we shared such a precious musical experience.

:toast::toast:

Wow, already two years ago--all the excitement of meeting up, getting our tickets, hanging out, and then the show itself. Hard to top!

To my good friends

Aquamarine

Brspled

Knebworthbabe

Walterswalk

Pilot of the Storm

:toast::toast: from me too! :)

And to everyone who shared that great experience!

(It's almost the 11th here now...)

At this moment 2 years ago, I had just got of the plane at Heathrow (4 hours late :slapface: ) desperately hoping, that getting to my "hotel" and the O2 in an unfamiliar city, collecting ticket and wristband would all work out as planned.

AND DID IT EVER :D:D:D - I'll re-live those wonderful memories tomorrow's Central Coast morning. G'night ;)

Pilot just had to 'pop in' here today :wave:

Greetings fellow O2 ers, and a Happy 2nd Anniversary to you all...

...but warm and special greetings to:

ledded1 :cheer:

Brspled :cheer:

Aquamarine :cheer:

Cherish our fleeting meeting

canary wharf will never hold any fears again now that I know where Boots is :D

its hard to believe its been two years, wow. i saw a pbs special on -ahmet ertegun a few months ago and it put alot into perspective for me as a led zeppelin fan and this show in 07. there was alot i was not aware of historically about atlantic records,like how they started it and when -ray charles left the label, the ups and downs over the years. its very cool to see that -page, plant and jones wanted to show appreciation for -ahmet ertegun.

Fantastic memories of an evening two years ago.

I remember the great fantastic army of the Zeppelin fans queued for the big event and the great excitement that we felt in the air ... under the big ball of the millennium ... and then straight into the front row for the concert of the century.

I celebrated the second anniversary listening Long Beach 11/03/75 (thanks Tim) and watching the DVD with my shots ... chills ...

A big salute to all Zep fans who were under the big ball of O2.

Frank

Just got done with the blue-ray version of the show.

It blows me away every time I watch it. Robert's voice is really there. Unbeleivably there. Jimmy is

just the master in action. In My Time of Dying really stands out for me. Hearing all of the songs was amazing

but In my time really blew me away. and then For Your LIfe....and then Nobody's Fault But Mine.

That's just killer those three alone and then it just keeps going. just amazing. Kashmir. I just can't say any more.

I must admit I consider myself priveleged to have been there. #1 of 18,000.

Hello to all in the queue. I still have that video. LOL.

2 years already? Where's the dvd?? ;)

My journey started in Detroit, then to Toronto, then to Montreal....and finally London, 17 hours after I left home. And would you believe my luggage didn't show up until the next day?? Then we stood in line 3 1/2 hours to get wristbands and tickets, then another 3 hours to get into the show, and finally another 1 1/2 hours waiting in line for t-shirts that were all gone and I could have bought off the website before I even got there.

Would I do it all again????

HELL YES!!!! that was the best "road trip" of my Life!!!!!

I will never forget that show or my first trip to London :D

-Dan

Found this blog at the radio station I listen to and thought some of you might be interested in reading. Of course you all have you own happy memories too. Lucky you. :D

December 11, 2009

Led Zeppelin 02 memories!

it was this week in 2007 that KLOS sent several winners to the 02 Arena to enjoy, savor and bask in the glow of the LED ZEPPELIN REUNION CONCERT!!...and since we are just about to witness Jason Bonham play as part of the Mark and Brian Xmas show at the Nokia this Wednesday night....I am honored to present to you some excerpts from a brilliantly written review of the 02 experience, as penned by Carol Boothby Arnold- freelance writer, die-hard Zep fan, and wife of longtime music industry insider Gary Arnold...who I got to meet via email....she was there and here are some of her thoughts.........................................................................................."Jimmy Page........white mane flowing, he moves with incredible focus and drive, yet total abandon.....This is a magnificent creature, unharnessed, pushing himself to the furthest edge of his abilities-it is a thing of beauty to behold.....From the first chords of Good Times , Bad Times and the oh so appropriate lyrics 'In the days of my youth..' with which the band opened their set, the arena has been on fire. MIddle-aged middle managers from the midlands and old hippies up from the south of France clap and sway and pump their fists in the air. I look over my shouder at some point and see that in the row directly behind me, one seat to my right, is Sir Paul McCartney...It's that kind of night....David Gilmour of Pink Floyd is just a couple of rows below me, my husband and our 13 year old son Nick (who is levitating with joy)...Priscilla Presley, LIsa Marie and her brood are 2 rows above me. I saw Peter Gabriel, Bob Geldof and Joe Elliott in the corridor when I went to the loo earlier. Stars and mere mortals alike are being swept away by the sound and the fury that is still Zeppelin. It's a cliche-inducing atmosphere, what can I say? It is true-they are as mighty as ever.........Robert Plant gains confidence and vocal strength as he segues into Ramble On and by the time he hits Black Dog the years have melted away..........David Gilmour's son is here. Sir Paul calls the young man next to him James, and I surmise that this is his son. .....Clearly fathers want to bond with their sons over the music that they themselves loved as young men. None of his has to be forced on the offspring, at least in my experience. Led Zeppelin is one of those bands whose music transcends age and crosses generations for a certain kind of fan. Nick began collecting Zeppelin on vinyl a couple of years ago without any urging from his parents, and well before there was any hint that he would one day have the chance to see the band in person. Who would have guessed that this night would ever come to pass?...................................Plant is the epitome of cool. He's in great voice and great form....he still has the rock star moves, but doesn't preen as he did in younger days. He doesn't need to ......No one may ever hit the skins with quite the power of Bonzo, but Jason is doing his dad proud. Another reason to get misty-eyed. Plant makes it clear that the band members are emotional about having this young man step behind the kit, as well..........The group powers through No Quarter then Since I've Been Loving You. Time is passing too quickly. When Jimmy Page dons his double necked guitar and plucks out the first unmistakable notes of Stairway to Heaven of course pandemonium ensues..........The Song Remains the Same and MIsty Mountain Hop flow by and then comes the powerful build up of Kashmir. Massive, crushing, fantastic, The band takes their bows..........Zeppelin salutes the crowd. Jason Bonham gets on his knees and prostrates himself, worshipping at the feet of his elders, who have given him what is clearly the night of his life.......the most electrifying performance I have ever seen..........The place is wild with whistles, cheers, stomping, clapping. Thousands of cell phones are thrust overhead as 22,000 fans demand that the band return to the stage. Which of course they do, ripping into Whole Lotta Love. Off again, then back for one more encore Rock and Roll and it's all over.......Will other people get a chance to experience this kind of exhiliration? Or should this one-off concert stand alone as the crowning achievement of the band's storied career....the verdict is still out." Thank you Carol for your well chosen words capturing the magic of that night!......and you Led Zeppelin fans-don't miss the exhibit of Led Zeppelin photos done by the official tour photographer himself-Neal Preston-on view at the Morrison Hotel Gallery, Flower Hill Promenade, 2670 Via De La Valle in Del Mar.....morrisonhotelgallery.com and 858.350.3777 will get you more info, plus you will find my interview with Neal Preston in Neal's new book "Led Zeppelin : Photographs" which can be found at better bookstores and the Morrison Hotel Gallery............and you can see Jason Bonham as part of the Mark and Brian Xmas show this Wednesday night!!.....insanely great seats are up for bid in an online auction to benefit the Midnight Mission....our website has all the links.....and the seats will include a meet and greet with Richie Sambora!!! thank you to Norm at Norm' s Rare Guitars for making this possible.....and bid on the guitars in the auction. and find our more this Sunday morning at 6am as I host Spotlight on the Community...........................also don't forget that you can still bid on a dinner with Vivian Campbell of Def Leppard that will benefit CreateNow.org, a non profit that helps foster kids....the auction is at ebay....links thru DefLeppard.com...and don't miss JOE PERRY on with David Letterman Friday night!! enjoy your weekend!!!

posted by Cynthia Fox on 12/11/2009 12:53:32 AM

It boggles the mind that they have not put this show out on DVD! I mean millions of people wanted to see this show, and only a lucky few got to attend.

The money they could raise for Ahmet's scholarship charity would be astounding if they donated 10-15% of the proceeds from the sales of the DVD to the charity.....and make millions of fans happy in the process.

Like I say, it's just absolutely confounding and astounding as to why it hasn't been released yet on DVD.

/Luckily I saw the Mighty Zep in concert at Chicago Stadium on Easter Sunday '77.

Archived