Bier

Atlas

Touche`

I stand corrected but the last time I put on my flip-flops, I stepped on a pop-top, cut my heel...you know the reat of the story.

Cans, I still prefer glass to metal.

Besides, I`m not exactly a kegger, cooler-connoisseur nor an ale-aficionado.

I like the hard stuff.

I tip my Weinenstephaner Hefe Weissbier to ya:

natural_light.jpg

. . . just kidding. I wouldn't drink that shit on a dare. Here are some of my favorites.

beer-015small.jpg

1231717211_2_FT502_chimay-blue.jpg

3544956661_ff852cd8b3.jpg

I really hope that's not a plastic cup. What a horrible fate for a $9 bottle of beer if so.

And if you ever wondered where my user name came from (I know you never have), it was from this beer and my favorite sport.

avery_maharaja.jpg

Edited by MMAharaja

natural_light.jpg

. . . just kidding. I wouldn't drink that shit on a dare. Here are some of my favorites.

beer-015small.jpg

1231717211_2_FT502_chimay-blue.jpg

3544956661_ff852cd8b3.jpg

I really hope that's not a plastic cup. What a horrible fate for a $9 bottle of beer if so.

And if you ever wondered where my user name came from (I know you never have), it was from this beer and my favorite sport.

avery_maharaja.jpg

Love the Old Rasputin!!! I will look for the Avery next time I'm out shopping. Thanks for the tip!

This really exists and is no joke? Can I get it anywhere in the US imported?

Yes it really exists and it's no joke. I have only had it one time when it was a guest ale in a pub in London (Kingston I think). I doubt you can get it in America. I haven't see it since. It's probably a very localised brew that isn't seen much outside the Midlands area. :(

Edited by Mangani

I have had a few of their beers. I recently bought the Cherry wheat ale. Its not bad but not something I can buy on a regualr basis. Still think Blue Moon is the best right now.

Cherry Wheat is great. I buy it once in a Blue Moon :D as a treat when we have company or special occasion.

Cherry Wheat is great. I buy it once in a Blue Moon :D as a treat when we have company or special occasion.

It's what I got for the folks at the DC911Truth 4th of July picnic. Fortunately, the women preferred the Chardonnay (No Poindexter, it's not beer, and doesn't come in cans).

This one's too in between. It's not as complex as a Sam Adams and certainly not as full bodied as a real Deutsche Hefeweissbier. Given that the good bier store was closed, this was a modest consolation. Still wish I had snagged the Sam Adams Brewmaster's Collection instead, or even the Boston Lager.

UFO+Hefeweizen.JPG

Edited by Atlas

This one's too in between. It's not as complex as a Sam Adams and certainly not as full bodied as a real Deutsche Hefeweissbier. Given that the good bier store was closed, this was a modest consolation. Still wish I had snagged the Sam Adams Brewmaster's Collection instead, or even the Boston Lager.

UFO+Hefeweizen.JPG

I was tempted to try the Samuel Adams summer ale. Has anyone tried it? Is it good?

I was tempted to try the Samuel Adams summer ale. Has anyone tried it? Is it good?

Yes. It's one of my lest favorite Sam Adams brews. The only one that comes to mind that I liked less was their White Ale, but they've discontinues that (guess I wasn't the only one).

If you want the best that Sam Adams has to offer (without spending hundreds) try their Imperial Pilsner. It's very, very good.

If you want a refreshing, fruity, summery beer, Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat is what you need.

American beer has the same reputation as British food. Both are unfairly criticised by outsiders. When you actually sift through the good stuff you'll be surprised. :)

Yeah, that's a huge misconception. I've been laughed at by a Canadian for how weak our beer is. I had to inform him that earlier that week I drank a 21% ABV beer brewed in Delaware.

America has most of the best microbreweries in the world. The only country that comes close to producing as much great beer as the US is Belgium. Germany, Canada, and Britain combined aren't even close.

RateBeer.com maintains a list of the world's top 50 beers. Here is a list of how many beers each of the countries I listed have in the top 50

-Belgium: 7 beers

-Britain: 1 beer

-Canada: 1 beer

-Germany: 0 beers

-United States: 37 beers

Edited by MMAharaja

RateBeer.com maintains a list of the world's top 50 beers. Here is a list of how many beers each of the countries I listed have in the top 50

-Belgium: 7 beers

-Britain: 1 beer

-Canada: 1 beer

-Germany: 0 beers

-United States: 37 beers

I think that's probably nonsense. 1 beer from Britain and ZERO from Germany? :o Come on, Germany and Britain are two of the best places anywhere in the world for beer. I've been all over the world so I know from personal experience.

37 American beers and 0 from Germany? Something is wrong there. That's just insane.

:unsure:

Edited by Mangani

I think that's probably nonsense. 1 beer from Britain and ZERO from Germany? :o Come on, Germany and Britain are two of the best places anywhere in the world for beer. I've been all over the world so I know from personal experience.

37 American beers and 0 from Germany? Something is wrong there. That's just insane.

:unsure:

The list is based on thousands of ratings from beer geeks around the world, so I'd hardly call it nonsense. Beeradvocate, another beer reviewing website, has a top 100 list that is also dominated by American beer (but two German beers barely cracked the top 50).

I've had the highest rated German beer on ratebeer (Celebrator Doppelbock). It was way too sweet for my tastes. I've also had the highest rated German beer on Beeradvocate (Weinstephaner Hefeweissbier). It was the best wheat beer I've ever had, but I still prefer a good, hoppy American IPA or stout.

As far as Britain, they created some of the best styles of beer (Imperial Stout, Double IPA, etc.), but American microbreweries perfected them.

The microbrew scene here is incredible. What's the best American beer you've ever had?

Edited by MMAharaja

American beer has the same reputation as British food. Both are unfairly criticised by outsiders. When you actually sift through the good stuff you'll be surprised. :)

25 years ago there weren't any widely known really good American Beers. It took the Boston Brewing Company, and a few others to show that Budweiser has no clothes.

25 years ago there weren't any widely known really good American Beers. It took the Boston Brewing Company, and a few others to show that Budweiser has no clothes.

Back when Coors had no preservatives it was a great tasting beer. Even Gennesse was good back in the seventies. It was brewed in Rochester NY. Both have gone off the charts.