Jimmy's Book: VERY Limited Edition!

mstork

I signed up. I doubt they will even read my email but I guess it's worth a shot. I'm not holding my breath though...

It's only to send you the brochure and be able to pre order the book early on.

I think it was about $ 300 I paid for the Michael Cooper (photographer of Sgt. Pepper) book. I think the Sgt Pepper book was a little cheaper.

I wonder how this new book will differ or compare to The Photographer's Led Zeppelin, which came out some years ago, also in a very limited run. It was published by Henry Rollins' 2.13.61 company according to Old Buckeye.

This one seems to fetch around the $500 mark. It was also personally sanctioned by Jimmy Page & compiled by Ross Halfin...

I wonder how this new book will differ or compare to The Photographer's Led Zeppelin, which came out some years ago, also in a very limited run. It was published by Henry Rollins' 2.13.61 company according to Old Buckeye.

This one seems to fetch around the $500 mark. It was also personally sanctioned by Jimmy Page & compiled by Ross Halfin...

This one sounds like its going to feature either Page's own photography or more personal pictures by others focused on him, the fact his daughter became a photographer does I'd guess hint that he may have had an interest in it himself.

Tight But Loose has something really interesting information about the book, from the new Mojo interview.

There are also details about the compiling of his forthcoming pictorial memoir. Titled simply ”Jimmy Page” this 500 page limited edtiion deluxe book will be published via Genesis Publications in the spring. The Mojo piece previews several stunning unseen photos from it including a 1960s shot of Jimmy endorsing Selmer amps Gibson black beauty in hand and a photo of him sitting in a stream near Bron Yr Aur cottage in 1970.

Finally Jimmy reveals his plans to make new music this year (”I want to do it and I want to have a lot of fun doing it. Whatever I do next I’ve got the material for it. Lifes not getting any longer for me and I’ve got to make up my mind what I want to do. i want to make music . That’s what I’m here for and that’s what I’m going to do”)

More here: Tight But Loose

I emailed Genesis Publishing, got this back

"The finer points are still to be agreed but it is likely that the price will be in the £300-400 range.

Our books are usually signed limited editions.

One of the last things to sort out is whether Jimmy will be signing all the 2500 copies - watch this space!

Regards

David"

I am very unhappy with the Hendrix book I got from this Genesis company. They go on and on about the QUALITY of the book to justify the absurd price, and yet the back cover on mine is peeling like paint. I've only taken it out of the box like, three times. Collectable my ass. They're fucking crooks if you ask me

Archived