BBC Concert Vinyl

I have in my possession, what I believe to be a rare LZ live vinyl.

It has a black front cover with a picture of Robert Plant on the front, he is wearing a red and black outfit with flower and cherry patterns all over it.

The back cover is black with two red lines around the sides.

It reads:

LED ZEPPELIN

BBC CONCERT

SIDE I

COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN

DAZED AND CONFUSED

GOING TO CALIFORNIA

SIDE II

STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN

WHAT IS AND WHAT NEVER SHOULD BE

WHOLE LOTTA LOVE/MEDLEY

Produced by Monique Corriveau

Designed by Michel Vermeer

IMAGE DISC INC.

6062 Cote de Liesse, St. Laurent, P,Q, H4T IE5

Limited Edition

1000 Copies

I have scoured the internet to find information on this but can't find anything so I thought I'd come on here to see if anyone could offer up any advice.

I'm looking for an approximate value to help me decide whether I should listen to it or sell it :-)

Its double sealed, no date, mint condition except for a small bend at one corner which I presume is more to do with the tight wrapping of the seal rather than being mishandled. I've had it for about 6 months and its seen nothing but the utmost care from me.

It was purchased in a famous music store in San Francisco ;-)

Looking forward to hearing some info!

JB

It's a re-press of the old TMQ bootleg "BBC Broadcast". You don't need to listen to it, as all the song can easily be found elsewhere.

I'm not sure about the value. On the one hand, it's pretty rare. But on the other hand, it's not an "original" pressing.

Thanks for the info swandown and SteveAJones smile.gif

Reckon I'll hold onto it for a while then, especially if I can get the tracks on the internet to get a listen!

Led Zeppelin's BBC radio performances are arguably their most bootlegged material. It would be a shame

to needlessly devalue your collector's item by breaking the seal and playing it when the material is readily accessible elsewhere.

• 2 years later...

i have an lp called BBC Concert by Led Zepplin and it is the same as Jonathon Bonham's post of feb 2010 but mine says produced by Michael Manchester, BERKELY RECORDS 10 Berkely st., London W1. i also have an lp called Kashmir with side one No Quarter and Tangerine side two is 1. Kashmir 2 Going To California 3 That's The Way and 4 is Woodstock.same producer credits. my sister gave me an lp collection that was left by the people she bought a house from. a lot of the lps were made in Germany. i looked on Wikipedia and found no mention of these in Led Zeppelin bootlegs.

i have an lp called BBC Concert by Led Zepplin and it is the same as Jonathon Bonham's post of feb 2010 but mine says produced by Michael Manchester, BERKELY RECORDS 10 Berkely st., London W1. i also have an lp called Kashmir with side one No Quarter and Tangerine side two is 1. Kashmir 2 Going To California 3 That's The Way and 4 is Woodstock.same producer credits. my sister gave me an lp collection that was left by the people she bought a house from. a lot of the lps were made in Germany. i looked on Wikipedia and found no mention of these in Led Zeppelin bootlegs.

The Berkeley vinyl is from the Earls Court May 24th gig.

i also have an lp called Kashmir with side one No Quarter and Tangerine side two is 1. Kashmir 2 Going To California 3 That's The Way and 4 is Woodstock.same producer credits.

This sounds like a different release of the single LP 'Earl's Court' vinyl I picked up in the 70s (for which there was later a 'part two'). The track order is identical. Is there someone repeatedly yelling 'Manchester' during the preamble to Tangerine? If so, this is it - it's from 24.5.75 as well.

Archived