Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
SteveAJones

The Dread Zeppelin Thread

Strider   

Loved Dread Zeppelin. Got the first two albums and saw them several times during those early years. Haven't really kept up with them since around the mid-90s, but I've bumped into a few of the band members here and there over the years. Nice people.

Lake Casitas 6-30-2007

Only Dread Zeppelin could segue from 'Stairway to Heaven' to Kajagoogoo's 'Too Shy' and back again

Oh, my sides!

:hysterical:

reids   
7 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Dread Zeppelin documentary? Well, that is good news. Looking forward to more behind the scenes footage and commentary.

I caught Tortelvis' (white) towel (from Howard Johnson's) back in 1990 at Greenstreets in Columbia, SC. They played a late concert (11pm start time) after Robert Plant performed the same night (at the Carolina Coliseum). There was rumor he'd show up for their concert as well.  We didn't see him. 

R😎

3 hours ago, reids said:

I caught Tortelvis' (white) towel (from Howard Johnson's) back in 1990 at Greenstreets in Columbia, SC. They played a late concert (11pm start time) after Robert Plant performed the same night (at the Carolina Coliseum). There was rumor he'd show up for their concert as well. 

I have heard they they crossed paths a few times but never got to meet up in person. I also heard that Plant snuck in to see them play a few times and wore a disguise, as to not cause a scene. Plant would play Un-Led-Ed before his own concerts. 

4 hours ago, Eddie Winters said:

I have heard they they crossed paths a few times but never got to meet up in person. I also heard that Plant snuck in to see them play a few times and wore a disguise, as to not cause a scene. Plant would play Un-Led-Ed before his own concerts. 

July 4, 1990...Knickerbocker Arena in Albany, NY...Plant interviewed backstage for live radio broadcast 'Rockline'; takes an on-air call from Tortelvis of Dread Zeppelin.

July 20, 1990...Community War Memorial in Rochester, NY...Plant's publicist cancelled a pre-coordinated meeting between Plant and Dread Zeppelin when she learned a local club was promoting Plant was to perform onstage with them.

October 26, 1990...Tipitina's in New Orleans...Plant attends Dread Zeppelin's gig. I don't remember if they actually met that night or posed for a photograph together. I don't think so...I think Robert did choose to remain "incognito".

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

reids has brought to my attention Dread Zeppelin's guitarist owns a record store in Georgia.

That is correct. Also, Rasta Li Mon and the original Charlie Haj run "Earl's Gone Wild" a company that makes BBQ Sauce and Jams and Jellies. Apparently, Jah Paul Jo wrote the label on the BBQ sauce. https://www.earlsgonewild.com/

7 hours ago, Eddie Winters said:

That is correct. Also, Rasta Li Mon and the original Charlie Haj run "Earl's Gone Wild" a company that makes BBQ Sauce and Jams and Jellies. Apparently, Jah Paul Jo wrote the label on the BBQ sauce. https://www.earlsgonewild.com/

Hot Damn Tamale! Their product line up looks so good!

On 9/5/2017 at 6:45 AM, SteveAJones said:

July 4, 1990...Knickerbocker Arena in Albany, NY...Plant interviewed backstage for live radio broadcast 'Rockline'; takes an on-air call from Tortelvis of Dread Zeppelin.

July 20, 1990...Community War Memorial in Rochester, NY...Plant's publicist cancelled a pre-coordinated meeting between Plant and Dread Zeppelin when she learned a local club was promoting Plant was to perform onstage with them.

October 26, 1990...Tipitina's in New Orleans...Plant attends Dread Zeppelin's gig. I don't remember if they actually met that night or posed for a photograph together. I don't think so...I think Robert did choose to remain "incognito".

Now thats a mystery solved, I was told Plant was going to perform with Dread Zep that night in Rochester NY, so I went to the bar after the Plant show, no Plant LOL

Edited by cousinlouie