Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
SteveAJones

Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, pluribus said:

That's the Balboa Soccer Fields on Balboa in Encino. Bangers/Dark Horse is 3-4 miles away, down Balboa>Burbank>Reseda.

https://goo.gl/maps/txU5GvAwRDK2

Sure seems to be! Nice work. I'll pass it along to the discussion group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2018 at 4:48 PM, goldenretreiver157 said:

D790BD68-0B03-48ED-98F1-17AD25030051.jpeg

New York, 7-29-73. Photo by David Redfern

1973-07-29---ny---DR.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

New York, 7-29-73. Photo by David Redfern

1973-07-29---ny---DR.jpg

Love this pic ..,I think Jimmy should have gone with an all red Les Paul -really suits the look!

Edited by Paganini

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2011 at 6:53 PM, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Video Screenshot or Blurry image?

tumblr_lthgelB8EY1qat444o1_500.jpg

 

this is from the same night if it helps

tumblr_lthgelB8EY1qat444o2_500.jpg

So what was the date for this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I skimmed through the thread for this one but didn't see it. What is the exact date for this? Plant's shirt says 75, but Bonham and Page look like 73. I know it was at Rodney's English Disco and not the Rainbow Bar and Grill, which supposedly closed in 75. If this is pre 75, then is this the only photo of Plant in that blouse outside 1975?

 

910116795_Zepatclub.jpg.e8a40b46e0ea6f5adc9532eef9127151.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:16 AM, gibsonfan159 said:

I skimmed through the thread for this one but didn't see it. What is the exact date for this? Plant's shirt says 75, but Bonham and Page look like 73. I know it was at Rodney's English Disco and not the Rainbow Bar and Grill, which supposedly closed in 75. If this is pre 75, then is this the only photo of Plant in that blouse outside 1975?

910116795_Zepatclub.jpg.e8a40b46e0ea6f5adc9532eef9127151.jpg

Going from memory it's John Bonham's birthday party (or around that date). That's the back booth at Rodney's English Disco on the Sunset Strip.

Robert most likely acquired that blouse while on tour Japan in October 1972. I have always wanted to know for certain when and where he got it.

Edited by SteveAJones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

That's the back booth at The Rainbow Bar & Grill on the Sunset Strip. 

I've seen this disputed several times and it usually ends up being Rodney's. I don't know either way, just saying it's a common assumption apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, gibsonfan159 said:

I've seen this disputed several times and it usually ends up being Rodney's. I don't know either way, just saying it's a common assumption apparently.

My post was strictly going from memory, which is always a bad idea. I have since edited it. Here's the booth:

 

RodneyB.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phazedchinawhite said:

No doubt on tour in 77 - Not sure what's going on here

tumblr_p719f8lXCi1we70ido10_400.png

I've discussed this one before. Firstly, it's June 1977. Secondly, the light fixture behind Bonzo matches those of the Plaza Hotel in New York   (at least at that time). Thirdly, it is thought the woman is either presenting Jimmy with a gift of some sort or had held onto something for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I've discussed this one before. Firstly, it's June 1977. Secondly, the light fixture behind Bonzo matches those of the Plaza Hotel in New York   (at least at that time). Thirdly, it is thought the woman is either presenting Jimmy with a gift of some sort or had held onto something for him.

Thanks for filling me in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, phazedchinawhite said:

No doubt on tour in 77 - Not sure what's going on here

tumblr_p719f8lXCi1we70ido10_400.png

another from that night:

ny77-jpjb_0.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Bit of a weird one..

Related image

This photo is down as Jimmy being with Lionel Bart at TSRTS premiere NY..

Why would he be carrying his 75' stage gear with him that late on in 76?

NY 1975, not TSRTS premiere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

But the date is down as Oct 75?

They weren't on tour, of course it's plausible the dates wrong

 

It's almost certainly in February 1975 as they were at the Plaza Hotel Jan 29 - Feb 16. It's definitely not October 1975.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

 

It's almost certainly in February 1975 as they were at the Plaza Hotel Jan 29 - Feb 16. It's definitely not October 1975.

Didn't think it was plausible.

Thanks as usual SAJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

First pictures we have of Pagey smoking, timeline and plain common sense wise it would lead me to believe it's from this 76's session.

Am I right?

tumblr_ol6uw6dKkD1qmuxf7o1_1280.jpg

These were published in a UK magazine which I'll have to dig out to narrow down the date, and I think I have seen it said before that these are the first shots of Page with a cigarette. As a by the way, these were the gardens immediately behind the Swan Song Records Office at 484 Kings Road in Chelsea. As I recall this photo shoot was done in conjunction with an interview at the office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×