Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
SteveAJones

Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

9 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

These were published in a UK magazine which I'll have to dig out to narrow down the date, and I think I have seen it said before that these are the first shots of Page with a cigarette. As a by the way, these were the gardens immediately behind the Swan Song Records Office at 484 Kings Road in Chelsea. As I recall this photo shoot was done in conjunction with an interview at the office.

It is definitely the first photos with a cig I can think of, in the public domain anyway.

Didn't know these photos were behind Swan Song.

Again more for my noggin, thanks Saj!

33 minutes ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

It is definitely the first photos with a cig I can think of, in the public domain anyway.

Didn't know these photos were behind Swan Song.

Again more for my noggin, thanks Saj!

I've mentioned it a few times, most recently this past June when I returned there to Chelsea.

In this shot you can see The World's End pub across the street from the Swan Song Records Office as described in the thread above.

1240790946_swansong.jpg.46cd04b2a982905d0a3b9e051530ff1d.jpg

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

These were published in a UK magazine which I'll have to dig out to narrow down the date, and I think I have seen it said before that these are the first shots of Page with a cigarette. As a by the way, these were the gardens immediately behind the Swan Song Records Office at 484 Kings Road in Chelsea. As I recall this photo shoot was done in conjunction with an interview at the office.

December 3, 1977 - NME

1977-12-07-nme-jp.jpg

20 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

In this shot you can see The World's End pub across the street from the Swan Song Records Office as described in the thread above.

1240790946_swansong.jpg.46cd04b2a982905d0a3b9e051530ff1d.jpg

Is that a Dave Edmunds album under the newspaper and sandwich? Can anyone ID the gear? Revox reel to reel maybe? 

1 hour ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

Is that a Dave Edmunds album under the newspaper and sandwich? Can anyone ID the gear? Revox reel to reel maybe? 

Yes, that's the Dave Edmunds album titled Get It, released in April 1977. This photo was most likely taken in late October 1977, when Page did a series of interviews for the UK press to confirm Led Zeppelin would continue. 

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:00 PM, SteveAJones said:

Yes, that's the Dave Edmunds album titled Get It, released in April 1977. This photo was most likely taken in late October 1977, when Page did a series of interviews for the UK press to confirm Led Zeppelin would continue. 

I just saw this same photo is published in the Uncut Ultimate Series: Led Zeppelin magazine (August 2018). It's captioned as Oct 1977.

28 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I just saw this same photo is published in the Uncut Ultimate Series: Led Zeppelin magazine (August 2018). It's captioned as Oct 1977.

Plot thickens then..

If this isn't 76 this can't be the first pic we see of him smoking

Because this shot of him sitting down is most definitely the same day as him in the garden

Edited by TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

1 hour ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Plot thickens then..

If this isn't 76 this can't be the first pic we see of him smoking

Because this shot of him sitting down is most definitely the same day as him in the garden

Well, again it's occasionally been said that it is but I think we've just proven that it isn't. There's a shot of him onstage in the white dragon suit smoking a cigarette (1977). 

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

Well, again it's occasionally been said that it is but I think we've just proven that it isn't. There's a shot of him onstage in the white dragon suit smoking a cigarette (1977). 

I think there's probably 1000 pics of him smoking in a white suit in 1977

On 10/20/2018 at 11:40 PM, phazedchinawhite said:

Guessing this is from somewhere in 1977? Any hints at the possible time

50dc0347-f2b5-4d1c-9d42-2f2085b07679.jpg

Great picture. Is that Bonzo's daughter?