Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

jimmypagelespaul300x200.jpg

June 9, 1987 @ NYC Hard Rock Cafe, perhaps??

Correct.

June 8, 1987

Fat Tuesdays New York City, NY

Joins Les Paul for a jam during his 72nd birthday party (his actual birthdate is June 9th). Patricia, Jeff Beck, Rick Derringer, Al Di Meola and Nile Rodgers also attend.

June 9, 1987

Hard Rock Cafe New York City, NY

Les Paul's 72nd Birthday Party hosted by Gibson Guitars...Jimmy attends with his wife Patricia..seated with Jeff Beck and blonde friend, Phil Carson and brunette friend…Jimmy jams with Les Paul and Al DiMeola

• 4 weeks later...

Orlando Magic photograph was taken March 11, 1971 inside The Old Refectory at Southampton University, England.

Actually, the Orlando Magic cover was taken on March 20, 1971 @ The Belfry in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, England.

lz19710311_01.jpg

This is from the West Refectory, Garden Court at the University of Southampton on March 11, 1971.

Actually, the Orlando Magic cover was taken on March 20, 1971 @ The Belfry in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, England.

lz19710311_01.jpg

This is from the West Refectory, Garden Court at the University of Southampton on March 11, 1971.

It never fails, if I post off the top of my head I'm wrong. Thank you for issuing the correction.

Rock am Ring - May 30th 1993 - From the horses mouth cool.gif

Glad to see a quick confirmation. It was my best guess as he wore that shirt and boots at mutiple gigs in 1993 and the photographer is based in Germany. Robert only performed two outdoor festival dates in mainland Europe on that tour, Rock am Ring and the Rock in Vienna Festival at Ernst Happel Stadium on Danube Island, Vienna, Austria held the day before.

Glad to see a quick confirmation. It was my best guess as he wore that shirt and boots at mutiple gigs in 1993 and the photographer is based in Germany. Robert only performed two outdoor festival dates in mainland Europe on that tour, Rock am Ring and the Rock in Vienna Festival at Ernst Happel Stadium on Danube Island, Vienna, Austria held the day before.

??? What about Parkpop in Holland? and wasn't there one in Denmark that year?

Edited by dave2007

??? What about Parkpop in Holland? and wasn't there one in Denmark that year?

Correct (two in Denmark). Midtfyns Festival (6/26/93), Park Pop Festival (6/27/93), & Roskilde Festival (7/1/93).

I think my old eyes were getting tired as I scrolled right past this in my chronology. laugh.gif

Does anyone know where/when this picture of Jimmy and Joe Walsh was taken?

JimmyandJoeWalsh.jpg

Or this one with Jimmy,Beck, Stewart, Cole...

JimmyBeckStewartCole.jpg

First one is Thursday, March 13, 1975, Dar Maghreb Moroccan Restaurant, Los Angeles, CA.

Second one is Sunday, July 13, 1969, backstage at the Singer Bowl, Flushing Meadows, Queens, New York. Led Zeppelin joined Jeff Beck, Rod Stewart, Glenn Cornick of Jethro Tull and Alvin Lee of Ten Years After on stage for Jailhouse Rock. John Bonham played drums for Rice Pudding.

First one is Thursday, March 13, 1975, Dar Maghreb Moroccan Restaurant, Los Angeles, CA.

Second one is Sunday, July 13, 1969, backstage at the Singer Bowl, Flushing Meadows, Queens, New York. Led Zeppelin joined Jeff Beck, Rod Stewart, Glenn Cornick of Jethro Tull and Alvin Lee of Ten Years After on stage for Jailhouse Rock. John Bonham played drums for Rice Pudding.

Thank you Jeff!! Much appreciated :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Does any one know if there are other pictures of Jimmy at this 1976 Faces party?

jimmypage_elterman.jpg

That's Bonzo with his back to the camera. He's wearing the same jacket and hat in a photo with Lori Maddox that I believe was taken in Los Angeles circa 1973.

Love,

Billy