Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

Hi Knebby

Duh! First you say you were NOT talking about me, and then you tell me to 'Go ahead and take it personally :blink:

What are you, schizo? Or are you just trying to yank my chain?

:slapface:

Toni

Hi Toni - I assume you're making a joke here, but no, that post was nothing to do with your convo - I don't really know you as a poster around here, have a nice day.

KB

Hi 'Knebby'

Joke? No joke, not sure what you mean there. But now i see 'Go ahead and take it personally' is on ALL your posts. So it wasn't a shot at me, which is cool, thank you!

So is it some kind of nasty motto? To intimidate everyone? :blink:

Wow. I'll try to stay clear of you, sorry to take up your time :D

Toni

Hi Billy

Sorry I will try to rememebr that in the future.

Knebby, do you know about this? Since you started it? Just a thought.

Sorry everyone, I will try not to be led off topic again.

Toni

I didn't start ANYTHING - you referred to me in a post, and I replied to you. You are just another banned poster coming back to cause trouble - fine.

Just stay away from me, as I'm really not interested.

And all this "off topic" and "keep it to PM " stuff - yeah, that's how it works on all message boards. :rolleyes:

Edited by Knebby

You realize this forum has a PM (private message) function, right? Perfect for those sort of one-on-one exchanges that are of ZERO interest to anyone else.

Love,

Billy

Hi Billy - most of your posts have ZERO interest to me. Any chance of making them one-on-one exchanges? Or should I use the "ignore" function that you choose to ignore?

Forget it - I know your answer. B)

Love,

Knebby

Edited by Knebby

Hi Billy - most of your posts have ZERO interest to me. Any chance of making them one-on-one exchanges? Or should I use the "ignore" function that you choose to ignore?

Forget it - I know your answer. B)

Love,

Knebby

Stop all this flirting! You're making me blush.

btw - who said that photo of Jimmy with Bonzo's back to the camera was from 1969? Certainly not moi.

Ok, time to contribute some content of interest to everyone! Enjoy the attached. Two of my favorite people in the whole wide world.

Love,

Billy

post-8815-041020300 1280871061_thumb.jpg

Stop all this flirting! You're making me blush.

btw - who said that photo of Jimmy with Bonzo's back to the camera was from 1969? Certainly not moi.

Ok, time to contribute some content of interest to everyone! Enjoy the attached. Two of my favorite people in the whole wide world.

Love,

Billy

I luv that pic, Jimmy looking all interlektule :coffee:

TeaWJimmyAndBill.jpg

Edited by Conneyfogle

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the circumstances ........................

wtf.gif is going on in frames 212 and 213? Someone falling?!

Sorry I am lacking in how to make these individual pictures!slapface.gif Thank you....

81.jpg

Looks like a streaker! The guy's naked. Cole is taking care of him, it appears. Is this Atlanta Pop? They did two sets?

Steve, I have one for you:

according to this cool site, http://www.timeisono.../chron1985.html, Jimmy Page was recording with the Stones.

July 16-17, 1985: Jimmy Page records with the Rolling Stones, on One Hit (to the Body), at RPM Studios.

do you have any pictures of this time frame?

thanks!

My notes show Jimmy made uncredited guitar contributions to 'One Hit To The Body' and 'Back To Zero' with The Rolling Stones at Pathe Marconi Studios in Boulogne-Billancourt, Paris, France sometime between Apr-Jun '85. (Stones were in that studio April 8 thru June 17 1985) and then Jimmy visited The Rolling Stones at Right Track Recording (Studios A, B & C) on 168 West 38th Street 10036 in New York City on July 16 & 17 1985. I could be mistaken, yet I think Scott Swanson and I discussed this before. I do remember an anecdote about Keith Richards becoming frustrated and saying to Jimmy and the others something to the effect of "I'll show you clever bastards" and storming out of the session, returning sometime later with a brilliant riff.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any photographs in circulation from their session with Jimmy.

Edited by SteveAJones

Yes.....The Atlanta Pop Festival was July 4th an 5th.

As far as I'm aware, they did not play on the 4th. Robert's wearing two different shirts, the pictures are either light or dark, I don't see any in-between shots, lighting-wise, ....To me it looks like two different sets, more than one show that started in daylight and ended in darkness with Robert changing shirts . In the timeline, (which just lists the 5th) accounts differ. So, what happened, does anyone have more info?

As far as I'm aware, they did not play on the 4th. Robert's wearing two different shirts, the pictures are either light or dark, I don't see any in-between shots, lighting-wise, ....To me it looks like two different sets, more than one show that started in daylight and ended in darkness with Robert changing shirts . In the timeline, (which just lists the 5th) accounts differ. So, what happened, does anyone have more info?

Correct, they did not play on July 4th. Unsure if the photographs depict more than one show.

My notes show Jimmy made uncredited guitar contributions to 'One Hit To The Body' and 'Back To Zero' with The Rolling Stones at Pathe Marconi Studios in Boulogne-Billancourt, Paris, France sometime between Apr-Jun '85. (Stones were in that studio April 8 thru June 17 1985) and then Jimmy visited The Rolling Stones at Right Track Recording (Studios A, B & C) on 168 West 38th Street 10036 in New York City on July 16 & 17 1985. I could be mistaken, yet I think Scott Swanson and I discussed this before. I do remember an anecdote about Keith Richards becoming frustrated and saying to Jimmy and the others something to the effect of "I'll show you clever bastards" and storming out of the session, returning sometime later with a brilliant riff.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any photographs in circulation from their session with Jimmy.

Thank you for the info Steve.

I just saw your post Pontiac 77 pic of Plant - GREAT unseen photo!! Cool to see him wearing that bootleg 1977 US Tour shirt too.

do you have permission to post any others? I would love to see more. Especially the one of Jimmy.

Correct, they did not play on July 4th. Unsure if the photographs depict more than one show.

Steve...found this interesting....was it fairly common to list bands for all weekend show ,but only play one?

674.jpg

Also this...was listed as unknown reason for cancellation...do you have any info?...Just curious...ey.gif

2444.jpg

I'm not Steve, but--the flyer states that the festival will be over 2 days and that the following bands (in alphabetical order) would play, without specifying on which days. It doesn't imply that they would all play on both days. And it was quite a common, if confusing, way of advertising such festivals.

I'm not Steve, but--the flyer states that the festival will be over 2 days and that the following bands (in alphabetical order) would play, without specifying on which days. It doesn't imply that they would all play on both days. And it was quite a common, if confusing, way of advertising such festivals.

^^^

Absolutely correct; I couldn't agree more.

ey.gif

Also this...was listed as unknown reason for cancellation...do you have any info?...Just curious...ey.gif

2444.jpg

The search function may reveal complete details as I'm almost certain I provided a write-up pertaining to the cancellation. As I recall the promotor couldn't get the financial backing together.

I am still coordinating the release of more Pontiac '77 after-show photos. I am in Seattle at the moment preparing to photograph the site of the '69 Gold Creek Park Festival later this week.

The search function may reveal complete details as I'm almost certain I provided a write-up pertaining to the cancellation. As I recall the promotor couldn't get the financial backing together.

I am still coordinating the release of more Pontiac '77 after-show photos. I am in Seattle at the moment preparing to photograph the site of the '69 Gold Creek Park Festival later this week.

thanks for the update Steve!