Random Newspaper Articles

Was it even legal for 'reporters' from the Hollywood Reporter to be high on the job?! :blink: Get your facts straight cowboy, before attempting to write a review on a Led Zeppelin concert! If making a mistake about the name of a song (it's 'Dazed And Confused' buddy boy and not 'Days That Confuse' :rolleyes:), wasn't bad enough, this bugger clearly, couldn't even bother to name the front-man correctly! Jeez! :slapface: 

Mmmm.... White Supper....

HomerMmmm.jpg

:lol:;)

What about poor Carmen being stuck on the coach with fans. Banks Beer is a brand I have never hear of before so Banks wind (ie gas) and cheering.

Dad had me late (he must have been in his 50's when we started playing sports in the garden and as a girl I too was expected to keep goal. Oh the hours I spent getting a football kicked at me with my mother increasingly upset at how often her 4 year was being knocked to the ground by Dad's thunderous penalties. His reaction she has to learn.

Does anyone have any clips of Robert and Elton playing football together back in the day.

annie I'm not sure you realize how funny your posts are sometimes. Your poor little four year old self...

The bit about Carmen was funny too, but the mental picture of Elton and the ball just stuck. She was probably all traumatized, poor kid; triggers for life, there's no escaping it lol

As for Elton playing soccer pics,whether with Robert or anyone else, well, he probably had them all burned (he really ought to have, don't you think?) I'd pay to see a video, though...

Do you know I recall Elton saying he spent years touring just to fund Watford. I know their is a video of Robert somewhere in Canada in the 1980's stating he lost a lot of money on Wolves with the share offer that ended up not worth the paper it is written on.

Wonder what will happen Wolves are I think 15th in the table after another 0 - 0 draw at home.

I have seen still images of Robert from the early 1970's playing so that must have been during the early LZ years and I am positive I have seen Elton play on the TV.

Found these image's.

365102d7eafe1a2574fd9eb1b8b3e1d4_zpsxuwq

untitled_zpsjbmaxvo4.png

untitledd_zpspbr0rdrf.png

untitleds_zpsrrptitg7.png

• 1 month later...

Mark Shanahan Globe Staff  October 08, 2015

Continue reading below

The indictment last week of five members of Teamsters Local 25 on federal extortion charges got us thinking about, of all things, Led Zeppelin. Why? Because the allegations against the Teamsters, who are accused of harassing and intimidating the “Top Chef” staff, including the TV show’s host, Padma Lakshmi, are reminiscent of a story Stephen Davis tells in “Hammer of the Gods,” his best-selling book about the British rock band. Davis, who lives in Milton, was music editor at The Real Paper in 1973 when he found himself backstage at Led Zeppelin’s concert at the Boston Garden. He recalls: “In Boston, the Zeppelin roadies went into action against a Teamster union goon squad that had appeared backstage in an attempt to shake down Led Zeppelin. Peter Grant [the band’s manager] and his private army bloodied the Teamsters faces, knocked out a few teeth, and sent them packing.” When we called Davis Wednesday to talk about the incident, he chuckled. “A bunch of young guys, South Boston and Dorchester types, got backstage and started asking for money. Grant, who was enormous, a former professional wrestler, turned to Richard Cole, who was Zeppelin’s tour manager, and said, ‘Get the lads together and meet me in the loading dock.’ Zeppelin’s roadies were notoriously violent, but only when provoked. They were provoked. And they beat the crap out of the Teamsters.” Davis, who’s also written books about the Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Bob Marley, and Levon Helm, is currently working on a book about Stevie Nicks.

What is the probability the mob (who supported the teamsters and got a cut as well) pulled the NY Drake Hotel heist to get back for the Boston debacle? According to sources the Drake robbery was indeed an inside job with mob involvement. If this were the case I could see why Grant & Cole were so evasive about the whole thing.

Any insight?

What is the probability the mob (who supported the teamsters and got a cut as well) pulled the NY Drake Hotel heist to get back for the Boston debacle? According to sources the Drake robbery was indeed an inside job with mob involvement. If this were the case I could see why Grant & Cole were so evasive about the whole thing.

Any insight?

This has been discussed at length in several other threads. Search function: Drake Hotel, etc.

I love looking at these old articles, I'll have to find the time to actually read them all. If I had a scanner I could add quite a chunk of material, a few years ago I bought an entire box of newspaper and magazine clippings from someone who had planned on writing a Robert Plant biography but never finished it. Come to think of it, I haven't even managed to find the time to read through all those articles either.

On 1/9/2016 at 0:52 PM, anniemouse said:

What bike is Robert on. I know they had a passion for motorbikes is there a thread with them.

The Motorbike is a "Matchless", no idea of what model it is though.