Living Loving Maid (Shes Just A Woman)

zepps_apprentice

93 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about it?

• Love It
    • Hate It
    • Its Okay

i just dont understand why Jimmy doesnt like this song. its amazing. anyways just curious if you feel the same way about it like Jimmy

"With a Purple umbrella and a 50 cent hat"

I think Robert charged Jimmy a dollar twent five for one once, and it was second or third hand, sloppy seconds was not to Jimmys liking. :o:lol:

Regards, Danny

• 1 month later...

It's easy to be nostalgic, after 40+ years .... but, back in the day, I skipped over LLM every time, and it --never-- made it onto any of the custom tapes I made.

Also, while Zep NEVER performed LLM as "Part II" of "Heartbreaker".... Classic Rock programmers over time, have made LLM a standard play after HB.

Back in the day, Progressive FM stations did not play LLM after HB. But the folks who work at corporate rock radio stations nowadays are clueless about everything, except, for where and when the next beer bash is, yes, they do know about that.

I still wouldn't program LLM into any playlists I would do... but, if someone else played LLM, I would not walk out of the room.

I also have never come across where Jimmy says he doesn't like it. Why include it on Zep 2 if so. Unless, at the time, maybe Atlantic saw it as a potential release as a "single/45" and, giving the bands aversion to singles..maybe Jimmy was playing it down at the time to put them off.

Highly speculative on my part...as I don't know when Jimmy supposedly made this comment. ( but I guess it could have been a "single " )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"With a Purple umbrella and a 50 cent hat"

I think Robert charged Jimmy a dollar twent five for one once, and it was second or third hand, sloppy seconds was not to Jimmys liking. :o:lol:

Regards, Danny

I still hear "purple operator and a 50 cent head" :lol: (that makes no sense at all, but I never questioned it! :lol: )

Archived