Who's the old man holding a lantern in the booklet of the fourth album?

Odeon

I would like to know if somebody knows about some history or something near of it about that old man holding a lantern at the top of the hill. I am almost pretty sure that there is something about him.

Thanks for the reply Danny!

It's such a curious booklet for me. I've enjoyed it since the first time I saw. But taking advantage of your kindness would you know if Barrington was connected to the band?

Thanks for the reply Danny!

It's such a curious booklet for me. I've enjoyed it since the first time I saw. But taking advantage of your kindness would you know if Barrington was connected to the band?

Hi Odeon,

As far as i know Barrington Colby went to school with Jimmy, here's a link, happy researching. :)

Regards, Danny

Barrington Colby

Hi Gusled, I'm not Dan but nice to see more members from Brazil these days!

The people on the cover of LZII are the faces of the band members superimposed on members of the German air force, also the faces of their manager Peter Grant and road manager Richard Cole. The woman is English actress Glynis Johns.

Hi Dan, dont you also know who the people with the members of the band on the cover of Led II? Are they from the britain navy?

Hi Gusled, I'm not Aqua but....:lol:

"The people on the cover of LZII are the faces of the band members superimposed on members of the German air force, also the faces of their manager Peter Grant and road manager Richard Cole. The woman is English actress Glynis Johns."

http://images.google...ved=0CCcQsAQwAw

And here from another source.

"David Juniper's Led Zeppelin 2 design was based on an old photograph of the Jasta Division of the German air force during World War.The German air force used Zeppelins as airships for bombing military and civilian targets during the war. After the picture was tinted, the faces of the four members of the band were airbrushed on from a 1969 publicity photograph, as well as the faces of band manager Peter Grant and tour manager Richard Cole. The woman in the picture is Glynis Johns, the mother from Mary Poppins. Her presence in the photo is an obvious play on the name of recording engineer Glyn Johns. The other face added was that of bluesman Blind Willie Johnson. The cover also pictured the outline of a Zeppelin on a brown background, which gave the album its nickname "Brown Bomber".

http://www.themercha...php?itemid=3735

Thanks Aqua for filling in for me. :D

Regards, Danny

PS, Glynis also appeared in Batman and Robin as Lady Penelope Peasoup.

PPS, Try this link and take a look at the many versions of the Album, quite staggering i think you will find.

http://www.discogs.c...-II/master/4170

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to know if somebody knows about some history or something near of it about that old man holding a lantern at the top of the hill. I am almost pretty sure that there is something about him.

He's from the tarot cards! yeah, he's "the Hermit." it symbolizes the journey that one must go through alone,(hence the mountain) to gain wisdom of self sense. Later return to the world and use your wisdom acquired as a lantern in the paths of others. (lantern, duh.)

You can also look up the hermit tarot card anywhere, see for yourself.

Archived