What the members of Led Zeppelin say about the famous

kaiser

10 hours ago, Mrgman said:

It's amazing how great Zep thought they were! My music growing up when I was a little kid was funk, when everyone was listening to (early '70's) Osmands and all those like, my friend in grade school was turning me onto the J5, P-Funk, Sly, & Mr Brown...when we started getting Rock, we listened to Floyd, Aerosmith, Clapton, Bruce, Genesis w/Peter, Beatles, etc...We thought Zep was a silly band with a good drummer! After reading this I thought..WTF!? My best friend in grade school was black with very light skin so he went to school with "us" you know. I didn't find out until I met his bed ridden mother and thought, so. But we used to make fun of Zep's lyrics, my friend called them "Dream-catcher" lyrics! I can't believe the ego's! I'm sorry to the Zep fans but being a Full time working musician and Emmy winner, I know how much work it takes and the struggle, so when you get it all at 21...humilty might be a good idea. Used to think "Spinal Tap" was more AC/DC & the Toxic Steven & Joe, but now I know it was all Zep. Sorry, guys & gals...but the lyrics to "Stairway" we're just too late for Woodstock...man. Page..a little humilty and, no..sorry, not God. Damn! I'm against burning burning books, but not albums. Rude dudes. 

It's interesting that you've slammed a band for slamming other bands and then after criticizing them for saying how good they think they are managed to drop in the fact that you've won an Emmy.

Now you obviously don't like Led Zeppelin and that's all well and good, they're not for everyone. But it appears that you've taken the time to sign up to a Led Zeppelin site forum after which you've decided that it's a good idea to post a few incendiary remarks. It's not your opinion that I take issue with it is the manner in which you've chosen to project it. It's called 'trolling'. Perhaps you've heard of it? People who choose to upset, anger and bully others from behind the anonymity of the Internet for no reason other than they can. Hardly the sort of people in a position to judge others for their rudeness and lack of humility.

17 hours ago, Mrgman said:

It's amazing how great Zep thought they were! My music growing up when I was a little kid was funk, when everyone was listening to (early '70's) Osmands and all those like, my friend in grade school was turning me onto the J5, P-Funk, Sly, & Mr Brown...when we started getting Rock, we listened to Floyd, Aerosmith, Clapton, Bruce, Genesis w/Peter, Beatles, etc...We thought Zep was a silly band with a good drummer! After reading this I thought..WTF!? My best friend in grade school was black with very light skin so he went to school with "us" you know. I didn't find out until I met his bed ridden mother and thought, so. But we used to make fun of Zep's lyrics, my friend called them "Dream-catcher" lyrics! I can't believe the ego's! I'm sorry to the Zep fans but being a Full time working musician and Emmy winner, I know how much work it takes and the struggle, so when you get it all at 21...humilty might be a good idea. Used to think "Spinal Tap" was more AC/DC & the Toxic Steven & Joe, but now I know it was all Zep. Sorry, guys & gals...but the lyrics to "Stairway" we're just too late for Woodstock...man. Page..a little humilty and, no..sorry, not God. Damn! I'm against burning burning books, but not albums. Rude dudes. 

Aerosmith, lol. Yeah, they weren't influenced by Zep at all...:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Aerosmith, lol. Yeah, they weren't influenced by Zep at all...:rolleyes:

Our new angry member should be awarded with another Emmy for greatest comedy performance. Possibly combined with a free 5 liter bucket of vaseline.

19 hours ago, Mrgman said:

Everyone is entitled to thier opinion, however joining a Zep forum to simply bash them is not only rude but ignorant. They did not "get it all" at age 21, where did you hear that nonsense? Page was a working, professional musician  / session player since 1960; Jones was a professional, working musician from a family of professional musicians from 1958 on; Bonham was a professional musician since 1964 and Robert since 1965. In the cast of both Robert and Bonham they indeed struggled their asses off. Then, Zep did not just take off into superstardom in 1968. They toured the circuit and even took a loss at several gigs in the first two years. Their first real success was indeed Zep II but at the time when Zep III came out they were considered virtually washed up due to the change in direction. One could argue Zep did not taste true success until the fourth album. Then again the Beatles making it huge with their first album with no apparent struggle resulted in no egos among the lads. Of course that would be forgetting the five years of struggling on the British & German circuit before they hit it big, but meh, sure you knew that since you won an Emmy.

Its all subjective in the end but what you call "dream catcher lyrics" are what others call positive and thought provoking poetry. Sure Plant could be a bit hippyish from time to time but what about his lyrics regarding prejudice and social change in a song like That's the Way? How about one of the most poignant anti-war songs ever written, Battle of Evermore? And regarding that silly Stairway to Heaven, I guess metaphor, simile, historical reference, and allegory are just a bit too much for some folk.

If you don't like the fine, in fact I too was raised on a very eclectic variety of music including Funk & Motown and love most of the bands you listed. I have seen Parliament / P-Funk in concert five times over the years, the Spinners, the Chi-Lites, Isley Bros, and just about every Motown & Funk act from the 60's & 70's...so what. The point is I do not disparage others for their taste in music because the very notion to do so is illogical and petty. I believe a bit of enlightenment and "dream catcher lyrics" could do you some good.

I don't have much to add to the barbecuing of the troll, except that "Spinal Tap" parodied a number of bands including Black Sabbath as well as Zep, and Tony Iommi thought it was hilarious.

Was intrigued by this remark from the troll :" My best friend in grade school was black with very light skin so he went to school with "us" you know. I didn't find out until I met his bed ridden mother and thought, so." So you and your pals were friends with him initially because you thought he was white? Wonder what Sly or Michael Jackson would have to say about that...

1 hour ago, ScarletMacaw said:

I don't have much to add to the barbecuing of the troll, except that "Spinal Tap" parodied a number of bands including Black Sabbath as well as Zep, and Tony Iommi thought it was hilarious.

Was intrigued by this remark from the troll :" My best friend in grade school was black with very light skin so he went to school with "us" you know. I didn't find out until I met his bed ridden mother and thought, so." So you and your pals were friends with him initially because you thought he was white? Wonder what Sly or Michael Jackson would have to say about that...

Yes, talk about a strange left turn within a post. That mentioning was bizarre and disturbing. So much for the Mothership Connection huh?

8 hours ago, ScarletMacaw said:

Yes I wondered about that as well. It could be that he or she went to school in South Africa during apartheid. Even so it was irrelevant to their post. 

Archived