Bonzo's Birthday Party

friedeh

I'm at the flea market on Sunday and I'm looking at records and this guy says to me you like Led Zeppelin, well this guy pulls out a bare white cover album

and pulls this orange/ yellow vinyl record out and in the colour are black marks in the coloured vinyl and he has a play bill of the show in 1973. He wants to sell but wants to know the value before he does. Any info that will help me get this record and any info on the record would be cool.

used to go for20- 25 bucks a pop 25-30 years ago when i bought mine

playbill is probably just the paper insert that comes with a lot of vinyls.....not sure

no real reason to buy it.......its an audience show you can just download for free elsewhere

google "bonzos birthday party" and there will be a bunch of pics of the album, classic cartoon cover.....i thought i had a pic of mine but i don't

were several pressings through the years

I bought BBP in 73 the day my then fave bootleg shop got their 1st copies in. It cost £3.50 the then price of a 2 LP boot, (1 LP bootlegs were &2.50).........TMQ label pastel green sleeve with a pink track list flyer insert, the LPs were both green vinyl........Also there was a radio ad for prunes on one of the LPs.............As for todays value, not a lot (£10 max) seeing as that it's available for free all over the interweb...seek and you will find. LPs were great in the day but now they are just attic clutter (imho)

Archived