Roger Waters

JTM

saw him on the kaos tour...........great stuff

there's a show i'd like to go to for sure

I saw the K.A.O.S. tour too, 4 September 1987 at the legendary Fox Theatre in St. Louis. Met him at a stoplight after the show! LOL He was very kind and receptive. Saw him again in 1999 in Kansas City... final show of the tour and the world premiere of Each Small Candle.

So... if you want to see Roger and have something extraordinary happen, make sure you go to the show that I'm at! :)

The website didn't want to come up!

Anywho, here are the dates for 2010:

Dates and Locations for the Wall:

Sep 15, 2010: Air Canada Centre Toronto, ON

Sep 20, 2010: United Center Chicago, IL

Sep 21, 2010: United Center Chicago, IL

Sep 26, 2010: Consol Energy Center Pittsburgh, PA

Sep 28, 2010: Quicken Loans Arena Cleveland, OH

Sep 30, 2010: Boston TD Garden Boston, MA

Oct 05, 2010: Madison Square Garden New York City, NY

Oct 08, 2010: HSBC Arena Buffalo, NY

Oct 10, 2010: Verizon Center Washington D.C.

Oct 12, 2010: Nassau Coliseum Long Island, NY

Oct 15, 2010: XL Center Hartford, CT

Oct 17, 2010: Scotiabank Place Ottawa, ON

Oct 19, 2010: Bell Centre Montreal, PQ

Oct 22, 2010: Schottenstein Center Columbus, OH

Oct 24, 2010: The Palace of Auburn Hills Detroit, MI

Oct 26, 2010: Qwest Center Omaha, NE

Oct 27, 2010: Xcel Energy Center St Paul, MN

Oct 29, 2010: Scottrade Center St Louis, MO

Oct 30, 2010: Sprint Center Kansas City, MO

Nov 03, 2010: Izod Center East Rutherford, NJ

Nov 08, 2010: Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA

Nov 09, 2010: Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA

Nov 13, 2010: Bank Atlantic Center Fort Lauderdale, FL

Nov 16, 2010: St Pete Times Forum Tampa, FL

Nov 18, 2010: Philips Arena Atlanta, GA

Nov 20, 2010: Toyota Center Houston, TX

Nov 21, 2010: American Airlines Center Dallas, TX

Nov 23, 2010: Pepsi Center Denver, CO

Nov 26, 2010: MGM Grand Garden Arena Las Vegas, NV

Nov 27, 2010: US Airways Center Phoenix, AZ

Nov 29, 2010: The Forum Los Angeles, CA

Dec 06, 2010: HP Pavilion San Jose, CA

Dec 10, 2010: GM Place Vancouver, BC

Dec 11, 2010: Tacoma Dome Tacoma, WA

Dec 13, 2010: Honda Center Anaheim, CA

Source: http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/index.php/news/571-roger-waters-wall-tour-2010-2011

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Edited by pagemccartney95

HONDA CENTER, YAYYYY!!! I love the Suck Pond! No really, I do - it's a super-nice facility - I just don't like the Ducks, who play there. Well, that ought to be WAY better than when I saw Roger in '07. Roger himself was great, but the venue was not...that place was a fire-trap, seriously (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Irvine - don't go there). OMG, that's three days after my birthday, too! Sweeeet, I know how I'm going to be celebrating!

If you haven't seen him, definitely go! It's an out-of-this-world experience, and I was dead sober, hehe! Even my mom had a blast, and she's not really into Floyd (I mean, she likes them okay when I play them, but she's not like a big fan).

roger_waters.jpg

I recently came across this quote of mine from 22 years ago:

” What it comes down to for me is this: Will the technologies of communication in our culture, serve to enlighten us and help us to understand one another better, or will they deceive us and keep us apart?”

I believe this is still a supremely relevant question and the jury is out. There is a lot of commercial clutter on the net, and a lot of propaganda, but I have a sense that just beneath the surface understanding is gaining ground. We just have to keep blogging, keep twittering, keep communicating, keep sharing ideas.

30 Years ago when I wrote The Wall I was a frightened young man. Well not that young, I was 36 years old.

It took me a long time to get over my fears. Anyway, in the intervening years it has occurred to me that maybe the story of my fear and loss with it’s concomitant inevitable residue of ridicule, shame and punishment, provides an allegory for broader concerns.: Nationalism, racism, sexism, religion, Whatever! All these issues and ‘isms are driven by the same fears that drove my young life.

This new production of The Wall is an attempt to draw some comparisons, to illuminate our current predicament, and is dedicated to all the innocent lost in the intervening years.

In some quarters, among the chattering classes, there exists a cynical view that human beings as a collective are incapable of developing more ‘humane’ ie, kinder, more generous, more cooperative, more empathetic relationships with one another.

I disagree.

In my view it is too early in our story to leap to such a conclusion, we are after all a very young species.

I believe we have at least a chance to aspire to something better than the dog eat dog ritual slaughter that is our current response to our institutionalized fear of each other.

I feel it is my responsibility as an artist to express my, albeit guarded, optimism, and encourage others to do the same. To quote the great man, ” You may say that I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.”

- Roger Waters, 2010

http://www.rogerwaters.com/why

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-sales are on 5/3 per livenation.com

Wolfman, I went to livenation.com to check out the pre-sale information, but it is not very clear. I know that iTunes has an offer if you buy a version of The Wall through them, but what was the deal with the credit card pre-sale? Thanks for any info. you can provide.

<<Pink Floyd reunion thwarted by David Gilmour, claims Roger Waters

Bassist claims that Gilmour is 'not interested' in touring, leaving him to celebrate The Wall's 30th anniversary all by himself

Sean Michaels

guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 4 May 2010 11.35 BST

David Gilmour is "not interested" in a Pink Floyd reunion, Roger Waters said this week, making it clear that the band have no plans to tour. Although Waters has announced his own solo tour, he is also preparing a stage musical based on The Wall.

"David is completely uninterested," Waters told the Associated Press. "After [Pink Floyd's reunion at] Live 8, I could have probably gone for doing some more stuff, but he's not interested." Instead, Waters has been working "on and off" for the last year with Ian Hall, an English playwright best known for the screenplay (and, later, libretto) for Billy Elliot. "Lee's become a close friend of mine, and I'm touching wood but we think we've finally found a director [who] we want to work with, so that's another project that's in the pipeline. We're on the fourth or fifth version of the book."

In adapting The Wall for the stage, the biggest challenge is apparently the lack of jokes. "My one disappointment with the original rock'n'roll show that we did, and to some extent with the movie as well, there weren't many laughs in it," Waters said. "Humour is a very important part of my life, so part of the reason for wanting to do a production on Broadway is to express the funny side of the characters."

Meanwhile, Waters is celebrating The Wall's 30th anniversary by performing the album himself. A North American tour has been booked for this autumn, with worldwide dates to follow next year. Although it has been 18 years since his last studio album, Waters is also writing new music. "I have a ton of songs," he said. "Some of them are recorded, and some of them are half-recorded, and I keep promising myself that I'm gonna find a collaborator and put them together in some kind of coherent form ... It's strange how time keeps clicking away. And each page turns faster then the last, in my experience.">>

( http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/may/04/pink-floyd-reunion-thwarted )

Of course Gilmour wouldn't want to work with Waters - look how he was treated. Plus "The Wall" is basically a Water's album anyway. I am very much looking forward to seeing this show in November. I have seen the Floyd (w/o Waters) a few times and this will be my first experience with Roger. Perfect opportunity to see him!

I plan on going to one of his shows in December. It will be my first Pink Floyd show ever.

To be fair, it will be a Roger Waters show... NOT a Pink Floyd show. Anyway... I just got my tickets to the show here in KC. 2:48 in the morning when I checked my email and was selected for Pre-Sale off his site. Good lower level seats and way less than the floor seats.

For anyone going who hasn't seen Roger before... I've seen him twice. 1987 in St. Louis on the Radio K.A.O.S. Tour and 1999 on the In The Flesh? Tour. Both shows were amazing. Considering I met him in 1987 that one might rank higher, but the 1999 show was filled w/ great music and singing. His backup singers are amazing.

Is it Floyd? No. There's no Richard Wright and no David Gilmour. Sadly, the guitar is always noticeable... nobody has Gilmour's touch... cannot be replaced. That said... his shows are amazing both musically and visually. I expect The Wall to be no different.