What are the best Led Zep boots out there?

Electrophile

I'm interested in getting some LZ boots to add to my Pink Floyd bootleg collection, however I don't know what the best ones are that I should concentrate on looking for. If you had to pick the five or ten best bootlegs of theirs, what would they be? Soundboards are always great, but high-quality audience recordings are fine too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

A hell of a lot of shows are out there in various guises,but for me a couple of indespensable ones would be:

'Listen To This Eddie' (L.A. Forum,'77)

'Plays Pure Blues' (Dallas,'69)

'Live On Blueberry Hill' (L.A. Forum,'70)

'v1/2 Performed Live In Seattle {Seattle,'73)

'Mudslide' (Vancouver,'70)

'Tribute To Johnny Kidd and The Pirates' (Soundcheck,'73)

'Studio Rehersals' (mostly third and fourth album run throughs)

'Dallas '75'.

There are a zillion more to choose from,but these are a couple that I keep going back to.Happy listening.

1.10.69 Fillmore West

10.10.69 Paris

9.4.70 Inglewood

3.5.71 Dublin

8.21.71 Inglewood

2.25.72 Auckland, NZ

6.25.72 Inglewood

3.16.73 Vienna

3.24.73 Offenburg

5.21.77 Houston

7.23.79 Copenhagen

6.29.80 Zurich

Edited to Add: I went with shows that had good-excellent sound quality ontop of a great performance.

I just wanted to thank you guys again for your great suggestions.....I've got about 6 or 7 boots now to listen to and I'm gonna enjoy each one. B)

Do yourself a favor and listen on some good headphones and maybe under the influence.

I have a few bootlegs. Someone I use to know copied them for me. I've never listen to them.

If someone who doesn't have a lot of bootlegs wants them pm me and I will send you a list

of what I have and go from there.

Do yourself a favor and listen on some good headphones and maybe under the influence.

Probably the worst suggestion ever. Our beloved Bonzo is gone because 'the influence', jackass.

Make SURE you have 6/21/77 "Listen to this Eddie", that is a MUST.

Probably the worst suggestion ever. Our beloved Bonzo is gone because 'the influence', jackass.

Make SURE you have 6/21/77 "Listen to this Eddie", that is a MUST.

I have that one, and I love it. I always thought the '77 tour wasn't that good on account of Page's heroin problem but this particular show is scorching.

I have that one, and I love it. I always thought the '77 tour wasn't that good on account of Page's heroin problem but this particular show is scorching.

I know your only wanting a few boots, but do yourself a favour and get the whole of the LA run from that year. It's excellent. I could rant on about '77 once again, but I will stop here. :P

I know your only wanting a few boots, but do yourself a favour and get the whole of the LA run from that year. It's excellent. I could rant on about '77 once again, but I will stop here. :P

I'd say skip 6.22.77, probably the weakest out there. No?

I kinda prefer 6.25 over them all except 6.21.

This is an over reaction. Sounds like a sensitive subject with you and for that I apologize.

I myself get way more into hard rock, especially zeppelin, especially live, while intoxicated and I think many have similar reactions.

And someone drinking to get more into a Zeppelin bootleg has nothing to do with Bonzo's death.

And someone drinking to get more into a Zeppelin bootleg has nothing to do with Bonzo's death.

Well Bonzo died because of that shit, I apologize for over reacting and thank you for your sincereity.

I dont think anyone needs to drink or smoke or shoot or snort to 'get into' a bootleg or any kind of music. That could be a kid for all you know that your telling to do that. I've been playing music since i was 5 and i know for a fact that drugs & alcohol does nothing but get in the way wether your listening and playing.

Thank your for your time. Back to the topic!

I have been listening to the 'What the Thunder Said' here lately, excellent sound and a great Dazed and Confused, from 3/21/75 Seattle

This is an over reaction. Sounds like a sensitive subject with you and for that I apologize.

I myself get way more into hard rock, especially zeppelin, especially live, while intoxicated and I think many have similar reactions.

You shouldn't need to be drunk/stoned/high/blitzed/wasted to enjoy any music, whether live or a studio album. Suggesting that someone should is silly.

I'd say skip 6.22.77, probably the weakest out there. No?

I kinda prefer 6.25 over them all except 6.21.

The recording isn't really the greatest either. In My Time of Dying is one of the best versions I've heard though.

Archived