"Glee" Creator interested in a Led Zeppelin Episode

zeppphead

Even before last week's all-Madonna episode of Glee aired, Britney Spears's manager was lobbying for a Britney-centric episode. And just like that, it appears to have worked. Last night, Glee creator Ryan Murphy told EW that he's into the idea of bringing Britney to William McKinley High.

"I'm interested in the Britney Spears idea. I've always loved her. I'm entertaining it. I think young kids would like that."

But it's not just the young kids Murphy would like to please. He also says that he's contemplating doing similar hour tributes to Led Zeppelin, Billy Joel and , and, even, Courtney Love! "I actually ran into Courtney Love the other day and talked to her," says Murphy. "She's interested. I would love to have the kids do a Courtney Love episode one day." But he stresses that with all of these artists it really all comes down to the music and how it fits in the Glee universe. "The key is the songs in the catalogue have to have a certain degree of theatricality," says Murphy.

More: EW

Glee.png

If it goes through...I think it'll be interesting to see what the show and cast come up with...it's a whole new media and will introduce a new generation to the music.

Some Led Zeppelin fans are too funny with this "mine mine mine" attitude ;)

"Precious, precious, precious!" Gollum cried. "My Precious! O my Precious!" :P

If so, can they please not pick the most obvious songs!?

To the common person, it would appear Led Zeppelin only managed to accomplish four to six songs :o

*And by the way, is that Jimmy Page figurine going to be in Toy Story 3 IMAX 3D or what? Where are the RP, JPJ, and JB figurines? My GI Joe Platoon is incomplete without the Led Zeppelin Fireteam :P

I sure hope they don't cover anything . They already ruined Journey's song with their terrible version . Most teenagers all think the Glee one rocks ! and the original is just ok ! This show is not for rock . Let them cover some pop band instead .

I sure hope they don't cover anything . They already ruined Journey's song with their terrible version . Most teenagers all think the Glee one rocks ! and the original is just ok ! This show is not for rock . Let them cover some pop band instead .

If you were a White Sox fan in 2005 when they won the World series and their theme song was "Don't Stop Believin", you would never be able to watch Glee.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived