Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience (Tour)

SteveAJones

Jimmy has to be aware and sanctions Ross's comments that are Zep related.

He doesn't. It is dangerous to view things this way. Ross is NOT Jimmy's spokesperson.

On a side note I saw Jason just a couple of months ago and he's looking really slim and in good shape.

Jimmy has to be aware and sanctions Ross's comments that are Zep related. I truly believe Ross wouldn't put anything on his site that Jimmy would be upset about. They are both probably having a huge laugh seeing the reaction on sites such as this.

Zooma, would your explain how you know that Jimmy sanctions Ross' comments that are Zep related. You seem to be very certain about your information.

He said Jason was aggravated about the lack of attendance......So you make your own opinion of the man from that.

As disappointing as it was, I think it's grossly unfair to form an opinon of Jason as an entertainer from a single gig held over 15 years ago. There's no question he's a better drummer and a more mature person now than he was then.

Perhaps this tribute tour contains material/video that we haven't seen of Jason and his dad yet.

R B)

More footage from TSRTS era was unearthed at the last re-work - including footage from inside The Old Hyde around that Jason-playimg-drums time. Priceless stuff if he could include it in the show.

I cannot fathom why you think he hasn't. Led Zeppelin/Jimmy content has been removed from his blog in the past.

Exactly my point. I never said Jimmy pre approves all of Ross's comments. It's my opinion if Jimmy doesn't want it up, it goes away and vice versa.

Exactly my point. I never said Jimmy pre approves all of Ross's comments. It's my opinion if Jimmy doesn't want it up, it goes away and vice versa.

Ross is a photographer with a website and an online diary who also happens to be friendly with Jimmy Page. That does NOT mean that he speaks for Jimmy or that they consult each-other over what he writes.

Edited by Knebby

He doesn't. It is dangerous to view things this way. Ross is NOT Jimmy's spokesperson.

On a side note I saw Jason just a couple of months ago and he's looking really slim and in good shape.

Ross may not be his official spokesperson. If you believe his diary, that he spends as much time as he claims with Jimmy then it is assumed that they are pretty close. Ross knows good well what he is doing in this world of blogs and internet forums. Jimmy has to have some knowledge of it. Personally I think he is just having a good laugh and being sarcastic with all the nasty comments. If his blog did not have Jimmy sightings and a little drama nobody would look at it and he knows it.

I'm not here to bash Jason Bohnam on his career choices,nor will I judge him as a person, but I will tell a brief story. I saw him do a Zeppelin tribute back in the late 90's with some fellows who very much resembled Led Zeppelin in both playing and appearance. They were very good. As a matter of fact, the bass player was the guy from the band Bohnam. The guitar player (can't remember his name) was from NYC. He was a friendly guy. I talked to him for 20 minutes or so sfter the gig. Long story short, it was in a small club in New Orleans called Jimmy's Music Club. They may have had 75 to 100 people in the place. Apparently this upset Jason and they quit playing after an hour and 15 minutes. I was pretty dissapointed by that. I even asked the guitar player on the side of the stage after the gig what was the reason for such a short show. He said Jason was aggravated about the lack of attendance......So you make your own opinion of the man from that...Maybe his attitude has changed, because that was 15 years ago or more.....but at the time, I lost respect for him over that.

When I seen 'The Healing Sixes' in 2001 at The Mason Jar in Phoenix there must have been 20 people there

for that, but they stayed and played the whole show, and I got to stay afterwards and talk to Jason and the band. There was an article(I still have somewhere)where Jason said his previous band(before The Healing Sixes)was just interested in a paycheck, and Jason didn't want to play in a band just interested in a paycheck. I still have the artlcle somewhere I think.

When I seen 'The Healing Sixes' in 2001 at The Mason Jar in Phoenix there must have been 20 people there

for that, but they stayed and played the whole show, and I got to stay afterwards and talk to Jason and the band. There was an article(I still have somewhere)where Jason said his previous band(before The Healing Sixes)was just interested in a paycheck, and Jason didn't want to play in a band just interested in a paycheck. I still have the artlcle somewhere I think.

What band was Jason in before Healing Sixes? My memory fails me. I think he played with Thin Lizzy and Foreigner after Healing Sixes.

What band was Jason in before Healing Sixes? My memory fails me. I think he played with Thin Lizzy and Foreigner after Healing Sixes.

I believe he was refering to the band that toured with "In The Name Of My Father".

Edited by luvlz2

That gig was 5/13/01 and I'm interested in any press coverage, ads, photographs or recordings.

Zooma - Jason played for UFO & Foreigner after Healing Sixes, not Thin Lizzy.

I saw Jason during his INOTF Tour in a small club in Canoga Park, CA (The Rock...I think it's gone now ). They played a full show and I got to chat with Jason for awhile afterwards. I gave him a bootleg cassette from Japan that had one of my favorite Moby Dick versions. Very nice guy, and he genuinely seemed happy to see the respect that I and the rest of the Led Heads there showed for his dad. It was obvious he was drinking a lot at that time period though (since he reeked like booze and seemed pretty wasted). I also saw him at the Rainbow Room one night drinking by himself. It was kinda sad to see that. I felt like going over and giving him a hug. That could have a lot to do with his "poor attitude" mentioned before by Rock Historian. He's sober now, in great shape, and ready to rock. Nothing wrong with this imo. I'll be going. Rather seem him do this than the scores of Zep Tribute bands that come this way.

P.S. I also him open up for the Cult in Alabama (The Disregard of Timekeeping tour) and, of course, the O2 show.

Edited by Wolfman

That gig was 5/13/01 and I'm interested in any press coverage, ads, photographs or recordings.

Must of had Thin Lizzy on the mind for some reason, UFO it was.

As disappointing as it was, I think it's grossly unfair to form an opinon of Jason as an entertainer from a single gig held over 15 years ago. There's no question he's a better drummer and a more mature person now than he was then.

Edited by Rock Historian

Thats exactly what I meant when I said, maybe his attitude has changed, because that was 15 years ago....your muttering my words

Thats exactly what I meant when I said, maybe his attitude has changed, because that was 15 years ago....your muttering my words

Well it's kinda hard to understand what you are saying underneath that metal helmet.biggrin.gif

Yes it was on Mother's Day(May 13, 2001). I for sure have some of it recorded on cassette Steve. We can work something out, I'll make a copy for you. I'm not totally sure yet that I have the article until I find it. I'll make a cd of the cassette for you though. I'll need a little time to find it here. Send me your address.

Edited by luvlz2

This was in 'The Rep' May 10, 2001 in Phoenix:

Getting The Led Out

Bonham: Out of Dad's shadow and into Healing Sixes

By Larry Rodgers;The Arizona Republic

After a decade in the spotlight, Jason Bonham -- the son of late Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham -- is ready to be just another guy in the band.

Bonham says he's joined forces with three Indianapolis rockers under the moniker Healing Sixes in an effort to rediscover the "fun side" of music. The quartet, which has completed its debut album and is pitching it to several record labels, performs Sunday in Phoenix.

"It got to a point where I wanted to be just more like the drummer of a band with less emphasis on 'Oh , wow, my father is John Bonham,'" says the 34-year-old rocker, who used to always be responsible for organizing recording sessions and tours.

"It's nice to have a back seat and enjoy the playing, rather than to be the one to always do everything, make the decisions."

Bonham's biggest decision came at age 15, when his father died after a night of hard partying at the home of Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page. The younger Bonham decided to put a promising career as a professional motocross rider on the back burner and bang on the drums full time.

"I still do that (motocross) for fun," he says, "but with my dad's death, I (decided) I'd like to carry on the tradition and put another Bonham on the platform of drummers."

Bonham initially stepped onto that platform with the three surviving members of Led Zeppelin, including a 1988 reunion show. He also helped Zeppelin singer Robert Plant launch his solo careet and teamed up with Page on the guitarist's critically acclaimed Outrider album.

Bonham organized a few of his own bands, releasing albums that included Mad Hatter and Name of My Father, which featured covers of 10 Zeppelin classics. But the shadow of his father followed him as frontman on these projects.

"I got to the end of my tether with the other (guys) I was playing with -- they started to really bug me," he says. "They wouldn't cross the street and they would ask me how much they were going to get paid for it."

Bonham, who lives in England with his wife and two children, met the Healing Sixes crew when the band toured with Bonham's group in the late '90s.

Doug Henthorn, guitarist and frontman for Healing Sixes, recalls, "We just hit it off real well. One thing led to another."

The band's original drummer was "going in a different direction than the rest of the band," Henthorn says, and Bonham replaced him in 1999.

Healing Sixes cofounder and lead gutarist Eric Saylors says Bonham's arrival produced a "more groove-driven band. It made a huge impact."

Much like his father's band, Bonham's new group alternates between crunchy power chords and more mellow compositions. Indeed, Bonham's drumming reflects a childhood of listening to and jamming with his dad.

"I'm very proud to be a Bonham," he says. "You have to come with your own goods as well because it (the family name) might get your foot in the doorway, but if you haven't got anything to back it up with, the doorway will close very quickly as well."

Edited by luvlz2

More footage from TSRTS era was unearthed at the last re-work - including footage from inside The Old Hyde around that Jason-playimg-drums time. Priceless stuff if he could include it in the show.

Cool. Thanks, Knebby. :)

R B)

• 1 month later...