Your Top Five Songs

MMAharaja

I want to make a (somewhat official) list of the greatest Zeppelin songs, according to Zeppelin fans, and this is probably the best place to do that.

Please post your five favorite songs IN ORDER. Order is important because the #1 song will get 5 points, and the #5 song will get 1 point. I'll add everything up about a week from now and make a top 25 list.

You might want to re-word "hardcore" you don't want to exclude anyone now do you? :o

"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore..."

(I'm not hardcore)

Thanks, I just took the word out. I'm a little too liberal with that word. :D

1. No Quarter

2. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

3. The Song Remains The Same

4. I'm gonna Crawl

5. In My Time Of Dying

..I'm not sure this is my top 5... But it is today.

To all of you who say your picks could change tomorrow, that's absolutely fine. Feel free to edit your choices as many times as you like. Whatever you have on the day I add up the totals will be what I count. I've decided to do it at either one week or 50 replies, whichever comes first.

Let me say that I have started very similiar topics related to your top five (5) favorite Jimmy Page and Robert Plant solo songs in the Pre/Post-Zeppelin forum. Both with very good and interesting results/comments.

Now I will reply to your topic: Top Five favorite Led Zeppelin songs.

1. In the Light

2. Since I've Been Loving You

3. No Quarter

4. Achilles Last Stand

5. The Rover

I must say that I do have Five favorite alternates:

6. Communication Breakdown

7. the Song Remains the Same/Rain Song

8. Travelling Riverside Blues

9. Carouselambra

10. Stairway to Heaven...

Like most Led Zeppelin fans, this list is subject to change at any given minute or hour, depending on what or how I (we) feel at that given moment.

I want to make a (somewhat official) list of the greatest Zeppelin songs, according to Zeppelin fans, and this is probably the best place to do that.

Please post your five favorite songs IN ORDER. Order is important because the #1 song will get 5 points, and the #5 song will get 1 point. I'll add everything up about a week from now and make a top 25 list.

This was a really tough one to narrow down as all of their ballads are great. But to participate here are my top 5 and why:

1.) I Can't Quite You Babe - My very 1st LZ song I heard when I was nine (sentimental) and this really has Robert singing the blues.

2.) Stairway To Heaven - I don't care how many times I hear this..it is one of if not the best ballad ever and all 4 of them are magnificant, but Jimmy's solo in this is magnificent!

3.) No Quarter - This showcases JPJ at his best (hard as D&C also showcases his brilliance.

4.) Moby Dick - John Bonham at his best (hard as this can also be said about When The Levee Breaks!

5.) Kashmir - Do I need to explain:-)

As lzzoso stated, this can change as their collection of music is so wonderful.

Archived