Criticising God!

SIBLY

I'm actually pretty confident that there'll be a World Tour in the nearish future. I think the band were as gobsmacked as anyone by the worldwide frenzy that lthat ittle annoucement created. Robert has still been sticking to his 'for one night only' stance whilst Jimmy trys to apply subtle pressure to tempt him in the right direction.. Jonesy'll do it as he's just about over the P&P snub as they've obviously found his telephone number again. Can the Golden God really deny the world what it so desperately wants. I think/hope/prey that as long as The O2 goes well, he'll find it impossible to turn his back on LZ once again. But what if I'm wrong?

I've studied every printed word over the last 28 years and I've formed the opinion that we'd have had our band back along time ago if it wasn't for Mr Plant's Intransigence. Else where in this forum somebody says that what ever happens (to tour or not) it is OK with them and that LZ 'owe her nothing'. That isn't the way I feel.

I've been Zeppelin daft these last 35 years or so. I've bought all the cds and seen all the solo tours, they even got me sacked once. So, once they decided that they were going to reform, I think they were duty bound to let as many people as is reasonably possible see them perform. That's not one date in a sub 20,000 seater arena. Even a summer gig in Wembley stadium would've been better but a full world tour is what is needed. Page has described just doing one concert as selfish.

Robert is in a very privileged position becasue of the likes of you and me and I, for one, think he owes me an opportunity to see them one last time. I shall never feel quite the same about him again if he denys me this chance. Not that that'll have him quaking in his boots but it is me criticising god..

I'm actually pretty confident that there'll be a World Tour in the nearish future. I think the band were as gobsmacked as anyone by the worldwide frenzy that lthat ittle annoucement created. Robert has still been sticking to his 'for one night only' stance whilst Jimmy trys to apply subtle pressure to tempt him in the right direction.. Jonesy'll do it as he's just about over the P&P snub as they've obviously found his telephone number again. Can the Golden God really deny the world what it so desperately wants. I think/hope/prey that as long as The O2 goes well, he'll find it impossible to turn his back on LZ once again. But what if I'm wrong?

I've studied every printed word over the last 28 years and I've formed the opinion that we'd have had our band back along time ago if it wasn't for Mr Plant's Intransigence. Else where in this forum somebody says that what ever happens (to tour or not) it is OK with them and that LZ 'owe her nothing'. That isn't the way I feel.

I've been Zeppelin daft these last 35 years or so. I've bought all the cds and seen all the solo tours, they even got me sacked once. So, once they decided that they were going to reform, I think they were duty bound to let as many people as is reasonably possible see them perform. That's not one date in a sub 20,000 seater arena. Even a summer gig in Wembley stadium would've been better but a full world tour is what is needed. Page has described just doing one concert as selfish.

Robert is in a very privileged position becasue of the likes of you and me and I, for one, think he owes me an opportunity to see them one last time. I shall never feel quite the same about him again if he denys me this chance. Not that that'll have him quaking in his boots but it is me criticising god..

That sums up how I feel about it too. I think most people are thinking "Why not?!". It isn't going to hurt his solo career. Matter of fact it will get him an unimaginable amount of favorable publicity. It will be the most exciting and anticipated tour OF ALL TIME and will expose a whole new generation to truly great live rock 'n roll. An unforgettable experience for millions of fans who live in an sad era of Paris Hilton / Britney Spears rubbish.

The only way a tour will happen is if Robert suddenly gets bored with the love

of his new found musical direction . Robert is so excited about his new collaboration with

Ms. Krauss it would be impossible to pull him away to return to days of old.

Robert's heart is clearly documented and expressed in this interview:

http://www.charlierose.com/shows/2007/11/1...d#comment_51213

Robert is onboard for the one-off tribute show and even admits to some great sounding

rehearsals with Jimmy, Jason and JPJ but Robert is a free-spirit and will always

follow his muse. Robert will tour with Alison in '08 and begin work on their sophmore

collaboration. There is also a new Strange Sensation release partially in the can

which for the moment has been put on hold. It would take a lot to pull Robert

away from his heart's leading and sign up for a full scale Zep reuinon tour.

Jimmy is pissed about Robert not committing to the Zeppelin machine and knows

that the Ahmet gig is all there's going to be. That's why he makes comments

like the one in GW mag. talking about how selfish it is if they don't tour and how they

should have never let the genie out of the bottle if the tribute sfow is all there is. Real world.

Jason is extremely dissapointed as he's been waiting next to the Zep-phone for years

for the call. He would drop Foreigner or any other project he's working on to sit in

is dad's seat. Oddly, JPJ is also dissapointed with Robert as he feels the time is right

for the mighty blimp to rise again. JPJ was encouraged by the initial rehearsals

rehearsals back in June but now knows that Robert is comitted to AK. In a weird twist Robert

and JPJ have been discussing bluegrass. You have a better chance of Robert working

with JPJ on a bluegrass album than you do of seeing a Zeppelin '08 tour. I would be very surprised

if Robert was sucked back into the Zeppelin rollercoaster cabaret. He is the golden god though

and has the right to change his mind. ;) Never say never but not bloody likely.

Ciao-

xoxo

Janine

of his new found musical direction .

Robert is onboard for the one-off tribute show and even admits to some great sounding

rehearsals with Jimmy, Jason and JPJ but Robert is a free-spirit and will always

follow his muse. Robert will tour with Alison in '08 and begin work on their sophmore

collaboration. There is also a new Strange Sensation release partially in the can

that the Ahmet gig is all there's going to be.

xoxo

Janine

watch the festival spaces for 2008/09 :rolleyes:

Zep have 3 maggots undertow, seven,root and joey.

forget long every city tours, that won't happen, but half a million at download, very possible.

ozzfest may mutate into zepfest, and don't discount grohl, he has the money, connections and desire.

god loves music especially heavy metal.

Hi all--

I'm new to this new site--but I don't see where another "last tour" will make THAT much of a dfference. Frankly, I'm a little tired of aged rock stars pulling it together for one last buck (the horse-kind).

I saw them in Keezar and Oakland--backstage for the last--both a blast--in very different ways, of course...

I like that Plant has gone on to other pastures to sample the grazing--why the hell not?

That said, I doubt very much I could resist a ticket (as I did with the Stones' "Final Final Final tour") if they came my way again. ;)

tess

of his new found musical direction . Robert is so excited about his new collaboration with

Ms. Krauss it would be impossible to pull him away to return to days of old.

Robert's heart is clearly documented and expressed in this interview:

http://www.charlierose.com/shows/2007/11/1...d#comment_51213

that the Ahmet gig is all there's going to be. That's why he makes comments

like the one in GW mag. talking about how selfish it is if they don't tour and how they

should have never let the genie out of the bottle if the tribute sfow is all there is. Real world.

Jason is extremely dissapointed as he's been waiting next to the Zep-phone for years

for the call. He would drop Foreigner or any other project he's working on to sit in

is dad's seat. Oddly, JPJ is also dissapointed with Robert as he feels the time is right

for the mighty blimp to rise again. JPJ was encouraged by the initial rehearsals

rehearsals back in June but now knows that Robert is comitted to AK. In a weird twist Robert

and JPJ have been discussing bluegrass. You have a better chance of Robert working

with JPJ on a bluegrass album than you do of seeing a Zeppelin '08 tour. I would be very surprised

if Robert was sucked back into the Zeppelin rollercoaster cabaret. He is the golden god though

and has the right to change his mind. ;) Never say never but not bloody likely.

Ciao-

xoxo

Janine

i really loved when you said that Jason has been waiting by the Zep-phone for years!

i feel that i've also been waiting by the zep-phone...

but they weren't going to be calling to ask me to play with them...

they'd be calling to invite me to a reunion show that wasn't across the ocean! THE OCEAN

that great one that divides me from them.

sigh.

i'm just praying and praying and praying for AT LEAST a US tour (i live in canada)

i'm a mere twenty years old and seeing them live would just make my entire life!

i imagine that if i ever saw them, i'd just sob the entire time,

and not be able to wash the smile off my face for months!

gosh, that's how i feel just listening to them!

i really do feel as if i was born in the wrong era.

if some sort of magical genie came, my only wish would be to see them in the 70s.

to be right in front...

and get to talk, drink, smoke and interview them afterwords...

my dad was so close to seeing them once!

but the show was cancelled due to the death of Karac.

i'm just rambling on...

i think i'm just so excited to have the opportunity to talk with other zeppelin lovers in such a free form.

plus i just got myself all excited day dreaming about seeing them live...

-steff

The time is not right anymore. They had better opportunities for this in the 80's.

Led Zeppelin without John Bonham (and now without youngblood) is mostly like a coverband.

What contribuition they can do for the 2000's music better than the discs from 68 to 79?

I love Led zeppelin. The band that finished in 1980, with dignity and respect for the friendship and their music.

Although I would love to see them ... ...

Personaly, I think that Plant knows his voice cant handle doing a full tour of Zep. A few shows, sure. But anyone on a second or third leg of a world tour would not be getting the same perfomance (from Plant) as those who saw them on the initial shows, IMO.

I havent seen LZ, but have seen The Firm, Page, Plant, and P&P. I sort of feel that Ive seen a couple of Zep sets in total. I love the idea of a Zep reunion\tour, but having seen a show or three where Plants voice is shot, I feel dissapointed and kind of ripped. I dont want them to go down like that.

Just do some select shows, and for God's sake ( :( ) record them for us! Dolby please....

\criticism off

Although I would love to see them ... ...

Personaly, I think that Plant knows his voice cant handle doing a full tour of Zep. A few shows, sure. But anyone on a second or third leg of a world tour would not be getting the same perfomance (from Plant) as those who saw them on the initial shows, IMO.

I havent seen LZ, but have seen The Firm, Page, Plant, and P&P. I sort of feel that Ive seen a couple of Zep sets in total. I love the idea of a Zep reunion\tour, but having seen a show or three where Plants voice is shot, I feel dissapointed and kind of ripped. I dont want them to go down like that.

Just do some select shows, and for God's sake ( :( ) record them for us! Dolby please....

\criticism off

You haven't seen/heard Plant live lately, have you?

He sounds better than he did 10 years ago.

Way better. I actually think he has never sounded better....maybe in the begining of LZ.

He is in top form now.

You haven't seen/heard Plant live lately, have you?

He sounds better than he did 10 years ago.

Way better. I actually think he has never sounded better....maybe in the begining of LZ.

He is in top form now.

I agree with you. Dont get me wrong, Im a huge Plant fan (although I admit my man-crush is for Page B) ). I love how he uses his voice as an instrument for Zep.

But, in keeping with the spirit of this thread :D , I would say that because of that use, perfomance night number 56 wouldnt be as high as opening night. Im just saying that I think he realizes that as well, IMO, with regards as to his motivation for not wanting to tour. It's different for the singer, in other words. I dont know, perhaps Ive seen him in too many voice cracking "Bobby Brady" moments.... dissapointing ....

edit - perhaps if they tuned down a lot...?...?...?

It looks like the only person they feel they owe something is dead, and that's why they are paying him a tribute on the 10th December.

This is how I feel as well. They don't owe anyone anything. They've given us fans tons of music and memories and demanding they do something just comes off entitled.

I'm thinking that Robert's hang up is the prospect of posing and posturing through 20 minute solos like in the old days. It's one thing to do it in your 20's but in your 50's it's somewhat laughable. He's alluded to this in a few fairly recent interviews so I think it must be somewhat of a concern to him.

The solution:

Shave down the "Dazed" and No Quarter jams to studio album length, scrap Moby Dick, and I'll see you in 08. :thumbsup:

I really really hope they'll do this tour but if Robert doesn't want to I won't hate him for that...You gotta understand him, you didn't live his life, you're not him...you don't know what it was like being in Led Zeppelin...we don't know how he felt...but one thing we know for sure is that he suffered a lot and that Led Zeppelin isn't necessarly associated to something good for him, ya know? cuz of Bonzo...cuz of his son's death...He tried so hard for years and years to detach himself from this band so I think no one can judge him if he doesn't want to do a tour. I admire, respect and love this guy to death, which ever decision he takes, I'll respect it and I'll keep on buying his cds, admiring him, going to his gigs etc.

It looks like the only person they feel they owe something is dead, and that's why they are paying him a tribute on the 10th December.

I agree. They are artist first and formost and I would not want to see a show where they are doing it for anything other than to express themselvs thruogh there music.When we get older it gets harder and harder to live out of a suitcase. Robert will do a little tour with Allison and that will be cool because it is so fresh. John used to get very home sick.

It is such a great time to be LZ fan and I am so pleased just to see the debate of a tour.

my heart is full and my ears ring

Damn, I still don't know how to post multiple quotes here. :angry:

I think Plant sounds better than he did on some of his works, even better than in my favorite, Fate Of Nations. Though I'm not a big fan of Raising Sand (on the other hand, I fear), his voice is phenomenal there. He is still sculpturing it, not only the "sream". I love the way he sounds now and you can tell he is also more secure about himself.

If they decide for a tour, it will be fantastic. If they don't...well, there's no way I would not love Robert, even if he is the one to say, with all words, that he is doens't want a tour.

He doesn't owe no one anything, he has nothing to proove. And, I on the other hand, owe him (as well as LZ) some of the best musical moments I have ever experienced.

Robert Plant does not owe any of us anything. He is free to do what is best for himself, also, not just everyone else. He has been very generous in the past and I appreciate that. However, any win-win situations are totally welcome.

I think you're right to a certain extent.

To us, being the major fans that we are, there wouldn't be anything better for him to do than carry on with the current group past December 10th.

But for him, his heart may be elsewhere.

It would seem that Plant is very much driven by social movements and following his heart.

I don't think there's anything else we can do but hope that his heart, at least a little bit of it, can side with the millions of fans who will be looking beyond the O2.

Archived