Greensboro 1977 film footage

sam_webmaster

Hey, I remember that design from my Yes & Frampton CapC gigs!! Just one thing: how come they spell 'Centre' correctly? Or is it only the yee-haws who spell it 'Center'??

As for 30.5.77 recording, this can easily be found on blogs. Search using the date. Not sure how many versions exist, but mine's called 'Running on Pure Heart and Soul'.

I would love to have that one. Pm me sometime if you wouldnt mind?

I would love to have that one. Pm me sometime if you wouldnt mind?

Pm sent.

There is an apparently better-sounding (and slightly longer) version called 'Prince George's Final Flight', but I don't have that and I can't find a working link. If you care enough to track it down, please pm me

Pm sent.

There is an apparently better-sounding (and slightly longer) version called 'Prince George's Final Flight', but I don't have that and I can't find a working link. If you care enough to track it down, please pm me

I've got this. Unfortunately it's on some cd's a guy I know burnt for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How does this footage make its appearance 33 years later? What's up with that

Well, if you remember when Jimmy was putting together the Zeppelin dvd back in 2003, he asked people to send in

whatever stuff they had, no questions asked. That's how Mike Millard's audio of the 6-21-77 SRTS and the video of

Birmingham and NY 1977 ended up on the dvd.

Since all this new video has been popping up through the official Led Zeppelin channel, my guess is that someone

(maybe our Sam himself) has been going through all the bootleg stuff that was sent to Jimmy, and slowly finding

the best parts and cleaning them up enough to post on Led Zeppelin's Youtube channel

Since all this new video has been popping up through the official Led Zeppelin channel, my guess is that someone

(maybe our Sam himself) has been going through all the bootleg stuff that was sent to Jimmy, and slowly finding

the best parts and cleaning them up enough to post on Led Zeppelin's Youtube channel

Like the Pontiac 77 gig!!

We can hope lol..

• 1 month later...

My uncle saw this show. He said Bonzo arrived an hour or two late. My uncle also caught one of Bonham's drumsticks. I so wish this show would comeout on CD or something.

It is if you know where to look. It's called 'Hot Rods in Pontiac' (I think) and it's a fairly distant sounding recording, considering the amount of people that were at the show it's strange a better quality recording hasn't surfaced.

God I hope that the video footage still exists, it would be a crying shame if Seattle is the only footage still left. Although the years are passing and it still hasn't come out so it's looking less and less likely.

It is if you know where to look. It's called 'Hot Rods in Pontiac' (I think) and it's a fairly distant sounding recording, considering the amount of people that were at the show it's strange a better quality recording hasn't surfaced.

Thanks very much for the info! I did a lot of looking around and found a version of the Pontiac show called Standing Room Only.

• 2 years later...

So the audio is from which Maryland show?

I ran into an old timer that said he saw 'em at this show. He said, "Jimmy Page was sittin' on his stool drinkin' a Heineken and smokin' a joint, and he was so damn fucked up that he fell over...And they were over an hour later because they couldn't find Bonham and Jimmy and Robert apologized."

Ahh, the 70s. Those downers must have been a helluva lot stronger than the ones now.

Being from Winston-Salem NC, this is hometown ground though. Glad to have the footage.

So the audio is from which Maryland show?

May 26.

I ran into an old timer that said he saw 'em at this show. He said, "Jimmy Page was sittin' on his stool drinkin' a Heineken and smokin' a joint, and he was so damn fucked up that he fell over...And they were over an hour later because they couldn't find Bonham and Jimmy and Robert apologized."

Ahh, the 70s. Those downers must have been a helluva lot stronger than the ones now.

I am guessing -since we have no available audio footage of the gig (so far...)- that considering it was Bonzo's birthday they were probably partying it up pretty good, based on the band's likely condition by the time they hit the stage the performance was either magical or a total disaster...it would be nice to find out for sure some day.

• 4 years later...

I was at the Greensboro 1977 show, and during the acoustic set,  Page had a roadie bringing him out Heinekens. He would take a big chug, then keep playing. He would only drink from the bottle once, then his roadie would bring him a fresh one. He probably had 10 half full bottles around him by the end of that set. When he came out for the encore he came out from behind the drum riser, staggered into Bonham's drum kit, laughed put the drums back in place and was handed his guitar. He played the opening riff to Whole Lotta Love, then they went straight into Rock and Roll. The show started about an hour late because, as Plant explained, "we left somebody back in New York, and had to go back for him." It was Bonham's birthday, and it was suspected that was the missing person. They had played in Landover MD the previous night, but they would fly their private jet, the "Starship" back to NYC after each gig. I was 17 and the show blew my mind.

1 hour ago, Steve Colston said:

I was at the Greensboro 1977 show, and during the acoustic set,  Page had a roadie bringing him out Heinekens. He would take a big chug, then keep playing. He would only drink from the bottle once, then his roadie would bring him a fresh one. He probably had 10 half full bottles around him by the end of that set. When he came out for the encore he came out from behind the drum riser, staggered into Bonham's drum kit, laughed put the drums back in place and was handed his guitar. He played the opening riff to Whole Lotta Love, then they went straight into Rock and Roll. The show started about an hour late because, as Plant explained, "we left somebody back in New York, and had to go back for him." It was Bonham's birthday, and it was suspected that was the missing person. They had played in Landover MD the previous night, but they would fly their private jet, the "Starship" back to NYC after each gig. I was 17 and the show blew my mind.

Thats awesome!!! Please feel free to elaborate more on your recollections of this show. Thx

2 hours ago, Steve Colston said:

26 minutes ago, blindwillie127 said:

Thats awesome!!! Please feel free to elaborate more on your recollections of this show. Thx

Yes, please do elaborate!  Especially since we have no recording of that show.

Archived