Rush

lzzoso

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

This is one of the best articles that I have ever read, Morgan! Everything that I wanted to know about 2112 was conveyed so brilliantly in one place! Many, many, many thanks for sharing this and a huge kudos to NPR for such an excellent piece!! :thanku::friends: 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

4 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

This is one of the best articles that I have ever read, Morgan! Everything that I wanted to know about 2112 was conveyed so brilliantly in one place! Many, many, many thanks for sharing this and a huge kudos to NPR for such an excellent piece!! :thanku::friends: 

I thought you might like that one! ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congrats, guys!! :D

14330016_10153704491387062_5393088964736

Rush's Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson to receive key to the city

BY SHAWN JEFFORDS, POLITICAL BUREAU CHIEF

FIRST POSTED: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2016 10:00 PM EDT

Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee

TORONTO - Two of the most successful musicians in ‘YYZ’ history will bask in the ‘Limelight’ this weekend, as Mayor John Tory presents them with the key to the city.

Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson, founding members of rock band Rush, will receive the honour during a special ceremony on Saturday. The duo, who were both born and raised in Toronto, will also have a park in Willowdale named after them at the event honouring their achievements over 40 years in the music industry.

“Rush’s sound, famous across the world, has helped shape Toronto’s own musical identity, which always has been and continues to be a unique hybrid of styles and influences,” Tory’s spokesman, Amanda Galbraith, said in a statement to the Toronto Sun Wednesday.

“Very few bands can claim to have influenced a genre of music — but Rush can legitimately say they’ve done just that.”

Lee and Lifeson formed the band in 1968 and St. Catharines-born drummer Neil Peart joined in 1974. Together the trio are behind hits like “Tom Sawyer,” “Limelight” and “YYZ,” and rank third behind the Beatles and The Rolling Stones for the most consecutive gold or platinum albums by a rock band.

In 2013, they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They have also been named Officers of the Order of Canada.

“Their massive international fan base has helped to spotlight Toronto as a music capital for decades,” Galbraith said. “It’s amazing to know that all their success started right here in Toronto in a neighbourhood in Willowdale.”

The park, which is part of the Willowdale Park footpath corridor, will be called Lee Lifeson Art Park and feature unique music-themed art installations.

This is the third time Tory has presented the key to the city since taking office in 2014. The first recipient, in February 2016, was Drake. Former Toronto Blue Jays president Paul Beeston has also been recognized with the honour.

“The mayor awards the key to inspiring individuals from diverse backgrounds who embody the spirit and potential of our city and have contributed significantly to civic life,” Galbraith said.

Source: http://www.torontosun.com/2016/09/14/rushs-geddy-lee-and-alex-lifeson-to-receive-key-to-the-city

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

On 9/6/2016 at 8:07 PM, luvlz2 said:

3810.f.jpg

Photo courtesy ZylyP  http://www.rushisaband.com/

Official launch of Lee Lifeson Art Park to take place October 1st.

I have always wanted to visit Lakeside Park because of the Rush song, but now I really want to visit Lee LIfeson Art Park. If they have barbecues I'd have a barbecue and play Lakeside Park.

• 2 weeks later...

So I know I am not the only one on our board who is going to this;

Fathom Events, ole, Anthem and Zoe are excited to bring "Rush: Time Stand Still" to movie theaters nationwide for a raw, intimate and vivid look into Rush's "R40' tour for a one-night event on Thursday, November 3. Over 460 theaters will take part in the Fathom event, which is accompanied by an exclusive 20-minute short film "Rush: A Salute To Kings".

Rush went out for a 40th anniversary tour; rumored to be the last tour of its kind and the end of their life on the road. Narrated by Paul Rudd, Rush: Time Stand Still is a documentary event which covers the R40 tour and the unique relationship Rush have with their devoted fans. Candid interviews with Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart bring Time Stand Still to an emotional conclusion for a band who built their career the old-fashioned way. One show at a time.

rushtimestandstillposter.jpg

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rush-tour-documentary-time-stand-still-coming-to-big-screen-in-november/

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/rush_time_stand_still/

http://www.rushisaband.com/

Edited by luvlz2