THELEMA Abbey for sale!

alick111

Hello, i don't mean to spam but i just got a news that may be interesting to some of you. Maybe you already know this but i felt like posting about it anyway.To be honest this news seem to have appeared on the web one month ago but unfortunately i had the chance to see it only yesterday night.An agency from Palermo - Italy has put the Thelema Abbey in Cefalù for sale. This has been the residence of Crowley's community for 3 years and now it's almost completely distroyed, even if some small parts of the paintings are still present...The price seems to be about 1,5 millions euro at the moment... I wish i had that much hahahMany offers have come to the agency, from all over the world, it seems.Hope is that someone willing to open some kind of museum will buy the building...http://www.casabellaimmobiliare.net/1/abbazia_di_thelema_cefalu_4883516.htmlEven if I still don't know who will buy the villa, I considert his to be a good news because the building had been let down completely for many years and the owners didn't want to make anything about it not even sell it.I wish you all the Beast ;)93

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Three years later, and there are still no takers. People are creeped out by its history and put off by the fact that there are both a stadium and an ambulance station just behind it. This is what it looked like when I went there two months ago.There's a wide gaping hole in the ceiling. I didn't go in as I wasn't wearing the right clothes or shoes (it's locked up but there's a downhill passageway you can follow past high weeds). Shame though, as it's got a gorgeous view.

post-25488-0-56184300-1376522899_thumb.j

^ Well it is overpriced for the state it is in, but also a shame given its history.

Maybe the thought of having some "rather odd people" knocking on your door at all hours of the day & night may also have something to do with it.

Hello, i don't mean to spam but i just got a news that may be interesting to some of you. Maybe you already know this but i felt like posting about it anyway.To be honest this news seem to have appeared on the web one month ago but unfortunately i had the chance to see it only yesterday night.An agency from Palermo - Italy has put the Thelema Abbey in Cefalù for sale. This has been the residence of Crowley's community for 3 years and now it's almost completely distroyed, even if some small parts of the paintings are still present...The price seems to be about 1,5 millions euro at the moment... I wish i had that much hahahMany offers have come to the agency, from all over the world, it seems.Hope is that someone willing to open some kind of museum will buy the building...http://www.casabellaimmobiliare.net/1/abbazia_di_thelema_cefalu_4883516.htmlEven if I still don't know who will buy the villa, I considert his to be a good news because the building had been let down completely for many years and the owners didn't want to make anything about it not even sell it.I wish you all the Beast ;)93

Thanks for sharing this, especially since Jimmy visited here in the period Robert got into the car accident in 1975.

I wonder what Jimmy's reaction will be, though I doubt he will be interested in purchasing it himself.

I too would be interested in Jimmy's opinion.

^

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law, love is the law, love under will.

Nice quote and I do believe it, however Crowley was no true visionary as much as he was a compiler of existing religious philosophies much like Madame Blavatsky.

Either way, Cefalu is a shit hole and any "workings" Crawley did there failed and resulted in the death of an acolyte. I doubt there are spirits there, though probably a case of bad mojo. I am sure Jimmy has moved on from such petty attachments of youth (like he did with Boleskine) and understands truth cannot be found from a place or a grimoire, it must be attained from within.

The fact that the Thelema Abbey is up for sale or the sad issue of its dis-repair and neglect - matters

to no end for the Work of A.C. or the O.T.O. or the Silver Star or J.P.P.

The Work goes on and a residence related to its past history is just that - past.

A.C. pushed the Limits, stretched the Fabric, and distorted the Order to his Will.

The Abbey was his place of reside for this activity - no more.

Let it take its rest and become dust once again.

AHA - *.*.*

The fact that the Thelema Abbey is up for sale or the sad issue of its dis-repair and neglect - matters

to no end for the Work of A.C. or the O.T.O. or the Silver Star or J.P.P.

The Work goes on and a residence related to its past history is just that - past.

A.C. pushed the Limits, stretched the Fabric, and distorted the Order to his Will.

The Abbey was his place of reside for this activity - no more.

Let it take its rest and become dust once again.

AHA - *.*.*

Quite an interesting and mysterious comment, Nirvana. Do you mean to imply that the O.T.O (and related organizations, probably Jimmy himself as well) now have somehow ambivalent feelings towards what A.C did and wrote? Like thinking, you know, let's keep the magic carpet but let's also sweep the dirty dust under it? (sorry, this is probably not the right way to convey it... to be honest I haven't read anything by A.C and know zilch about the O.T.O's current and past credo, but you seem to be more aware. just watched a video about A.C's life which frankly didn't really give me the will to know more...)

Quite an interesting and mysterious comment, Nirvana. Do you mean to imply that the O.T.O (and related organizations, probably Jimmy himself as well) now have somehow ambivalent feelings towards what A.C did and wrote? Like thinking, you know, let's keep the magic carpet but let's also sweep the dirty dust under it? (sorry, this is probably not the right way to convey it... to be honest I haven't read anything by A.C and know zilch about the O.T.O's current and past credo, but you seem to be more aware. just watched a video about A.C's life which frankly didn't really give me the will to know more...)

Crowley's appeal as a cult figure has always been limited primarily to well-off young hedonists. As they mature and acquire their own wisdom it's inevitable they take a lot of A.C. "teachings" with a grain of salt.

I live in sicily so I went to Thelema five or six years ago...what can I say... there's nothing just ruins and a couple of paintings on his bedroom.

In Contea di Santa Barbara there are men of old, very superstitious and often a bit unaware. I remember an old woman screaming at me "Don't go in that house!There's the devil in there" or something like that :D it was very funny to see the reaction of this kind of people.

I didn't like the vibrations or the atmosphere in that place and maybe it's because during all this years many people stop by in the house making ...you know.."not nice things"; other people stop by to get drug, infact I found syringes on the floor etc. What a pity but I don't think anyone will buy thelema (for sure not an italian!). Someone told me that Mr. Page bought a fresco window in the 70s but I don't know if it is true. Does anyone? ;)

• 2 years later...

I also do not think Jimmy is really that involved with Thelema like he was in the 70's. Time brings perspective and as many things, interests wane, especially those from youth. I doubt he gives a single shit about the old ruin and at this point there is so little left it really should be bulldozed and restored as a piece of land, at least then it would have some use.

However an interesting topic. Is Jimmy still involved with Thelema and / or still interested in an active level with occult practices? Hey, maybe that would explain the evil gnome Ross Halfin??? maybe Jimmy did initiate the Rite of Working and Ross the Succubus is what resulted?

I also do not think Jimmy is really that involved with Thelema like he was in the 70's. Time brings perspective and as many things, interests wane, especially those from youth. I doubt he gives a single shit about the old ruin and at this point there is so little left it really should be bulldozed and restored as a piece of land, at least then it would have some use.

However an interesting topic. Is Jimmy still involved with Thelema and / or still interested in an active level with occult practices? Hey, maybe that would explain the evil gnome Ross Halfin??? maybe Jimmy did initiate the Rite of Working and Ross the Succubus is what resulted?

Wearing an OTO shirt a few years ago.

JPcambodiaxmasday.jpgJPcambodiaxmasday2.jpg

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/3179-thelema/&do=findComment&comment=85652

Then again...I could be wrong. He still has that succubus's logo on those pictures though. Holy shit! I understand now!!! Ross "the succubus" Halfin is feeding off of Jimmy's creative energy and will, which is in turn preventing Jimmy from writing and playing live. That evil little bastard!

Someone please help! We need a succubus banishing spell ASAP!!!

Then again...I could be wrong. He still has that succubus's logo on those pictures though. Holy shit! I understand now!!! Ross "the succubus" Halfin is feeding off of Jimmy's creative energy and will, which is in turn preventing Jimmy from writing and playing live. That evil little bastard!

Someone please help! We need a succubus banishing spell ASAP!!!

:witch::wizard:

Archived