the final option 70 lp box...

don666

somebody got any info about the legendary"final option" 70/72 lp box...bootleg monster from the eighties? please post some pics of this bastard.

all info is welcome:P

thanx

don

only one I could find:

045afc912aa173907b26559e5a7caa16.jpg

somebody got any info about the legendary"final option" 70/72 lp box...bootleg monster from the eighties? please post some pics of this bastard.

all info is welcome:P

thanx

don

I'm pretty sure that 90% of the contents of the box have since become replaced by circulating tape sources for the vinyl bootlegs. There are maybe two or three shows in that box which are still only available on the vinyl. But, for those, nice transfers of those lps have been done.

Definitely a sweet box, and a milestone in bootleg production, but it's more of a rare collector's item for collecting's sake now.

THANX ZEP HEAD!!

I'm pretty sure that 90% of the contents of the box have since become replaced by circulating tape sources for the vinyl bootlegs. There are maybe two or three shows in that box which are still only available on the vinyl. But, for those, nice transfers of those lps have been done.

Definitely a sweet box, and a milestone in bootleg production, but it's more of a rare collector's item for collecting's sake now.

• 1 year later...

Here are a few pictures of mine which is #100. I used to have two of them. I was told by the people who sold them to me that there were far less than 150 that "survived". Many of the Plexiglas boxes broke from the weight of the 70 records. I read once I think in Hotwax that they tried to make an ultra-rare set of 10 boxes using clear Plexiglas with gold lettering from the leftovers from the damaged black ones, but I never saw one of those. After I bought my first one the record store begged me to buy another one as they couldn't sell them. No one wanted shell out that much cash. So I got a real deal on the second one. It was flawed though. It had 70 LPs but one of them was a duplicate and one was missing. I think it was #23 or #27.

post-17878-0-89357800-1312418732_thumb.j

post-17878-0-34729900-1312418748_thumb.j

post-17878-0-47976200-1312418814_thumb.j

post-17878-0-05912500-1312418838_thumb.j

post-17878-0-23868400-1312418862_thumb.j

post-17878-0-09577600-1312418890_thumb.j

post-17878-0-85746000-1312418911_thumb.j

This from "Goldmine" magazine. Pricey indeed!

2. Led Zeppelin, "The Final Option" LP set.

2. $5,600 — Led Zeppelin, “The Final Option,” 70-LP set.

It seems there’s always one in every countdown, and this week, the dubious honor of dropping the descriptive phrase that shall not be named — at least, not directly by us — into a sales pitch falls to this 70-LP set of Led Zeppelin records housed in a black acrylic box, numbered 12 of 150.

According to the manufacturer, each record was pressed by hand on 100 percent virgin black and white vinyl, from the original plates.

“Each record was played once, about 10 years ago. All of them played fine at the time. All 70 are still in the case. They haven’t been removed from the case since that time, so I cannot vouch for the condition of the records or how they play. I can say that the item was stored at all times in a climate-controlled facility.”

The seller declined to grade either the box or the records — , but stated that each of the records in this set was played once, about 10 years ago and “all of them played fine at the time.”

Three bids were exchanged before a winner was declared

Read more: The Final Option | Goldmine Magazine http://www.goldminemag.com/tag/the-final-option#ixzz1U5piAcUu

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few pictures of mine which is #100. I used to have two of them. I was told by the people who sold them to me that there were far less than 150 that "survived". Many of the Plexiglas boxes broke from the weight of the 70 records. I read once I think in Hotwax that they tried to make an ultra-rare set of 10 boxes using clear Plexiglas with gold lettering from the leftovers from the damaged black ones, but I never saw one of those. After I bought my first one the record store begged me to buy another one as they couldn't sell them. No one wanted shell out that much cash. So I got a real deal on the second one. It was flawed though. It had 70 LPs but one of them was a duplicate and one was missing. I think it was #23 or #27.

hey folks- I can shed a little light on this one. markbot s photos are identical to mine copy #33. I purchased mine when it came out, believe 1983 or 84. I got it from a store in san francisco ca. cost $560 not bad eh? the thing at the time was how to price it nothing like this was ever attemted before, so he went $8 a disc hence the $560. I still have mine in the original shipping box never played it and its only been out of its box probably less than a dozen times over the years,its in absolutly mint as new condition. It was a novelty thing at that time. I was collecting all that boot vinyl got 120 zeps on vinyl all the box sets such as the can strange tales from the road tmoq years etc.still have them all. ted

this is really cool. i really love the look of it.

jimmy has one, it can be seen in the " it might get loud " dvd. the part where he is playing records in his music room. i bumped up the thread that has a photo, it's in the news section, under " it might get loud trailer ".

moonmaid and i where wondering what it was, and now i know! thanks so much for posting the photos! :)

• 1 month later...

as someone with a HUGE vinyl collection i'm a bit surprised i've never seen this.......but there it tis....

doubt it came out in the early 80s though.....prolly late 80s early 90s.......bout the time shit started coming out on cd

sounds more like a last chance mish mash of a bunch of shit that was available which was released just cuz Joe Blow vinyl boot guy realised he best print out a few more "gems" before his lil vinly making system was useless

would love to see a listing of exactly what this set contains...we all needed another great set of V 1/2 back then <_<

that having been said.........i prolly would have bought one................ahahhahahahaha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Here is a list. As most of these bootlegs are comprized of many dates it would be time consuming to nail down exactly which ones. If you are seeking more information, I got this from this site, just look for the titles: http://www.argenteum...yl_bootlegs.htm

THE FINAL OPTION

Comments: This is probably the most amazing and collectable Led Zeppelin vinyl collection ever made! The title of this great recording is very appropriate for this very ambitious collection of Led Zeppelin - or any artists' - material ever assembled. 148 copies were issued as a 70 record set comes in a custom made black plexi-glass case. Each record has been hand pressed on black & white splatter vinyl from original plates and also comes in a white dust-sleeve with rubber-stamped title on each sleeve. There are black & gold stickers on front (title), side (labels) and back (album and song listings) of the plexi-glass case. Other 2 2 copies were issued as a 72 record set with WRENCH IN THE WORKS bonus set (see below) in a mirrored plexi-glass case. Similar to "common" version, this set has similar vinyl pressing details. With only 150 numbered sets made, this marvelous collection now is very rare. Reissued in 2007 on The Swingin' Pig Records in a form of acrylic box white splash vinyl without two extra records available on the original issue. Very rare. The box consist of the following recordings:

ALPHA & OMEGA (Rock Solid Records/International RSR 241)

BBC BROADCASTS (Sunburn Records HB2-202)

BERDU (Screaming Oiseau Records 7500 A-D)

BEST OF LED ZEPPELIN VOL. 1 (Rock Solid Records/International RSR 228 A-D)

BEST OF LED ZEPPELIN VOL. II (Rock Solid Records/International RSR 229 A-D)

BONZO'S BIRTHDAY PARTY (Trade Mark Of Quality TMOQ 72007)

CARNIVAL (Toasted Records LZ 2402 A-D)

CENTRAL PARK '69 (72169 AB L-27465-X)

CENTRAL PARK '69-MILAN '71 (72169 CD L-27465-X)

CUSTARD PIE (Rock Solid Records/International RSR 3224)

DUCK-WALKS & LASERS (Rock Solid Records/International RSR 204)

V 1/2 (Trade Mark Of Quality TMOQ 72019)

FOR BADGE HOLDERS ONLY (Dragonfly Recs. LZ 1234)

FOR YOUR LOVE (Rock Solid Records/International RSR 238)

GOING TO CALIFORNIA (Trade Mark Of Quality TMOQ 72004)

IN CONCERT (Rock Solid Records/International RSR 206)

IN PERSON (Rock Solid Records/International RSR 205)

LISTEN TO THIS EDDIE (Rock Solid Records/International RSR 202)

LIVE IN OSAKA 9/29 '71 (Rock Solid Records/International RSR 209)

LIVE IN TOKYO 10/2/72 (Toasted Records 1901 A-D)

LIVE ON BLUEBERRY HILL (Blimp EV 664-666 A-D)

LIVE ON THE LEVEE (Rock Solid Records/International RSR 218)

MUDSLIDE (Trade Mark Of Quality TMOQ 71040)

MAKUNDJU (Screaming Oiseau Records 7501)

STRANGE TALES FROM THE ROAD (Rock Solid Records/International RSR 243 A-T)

SWEET JELLY ROLL (Rock Solid Records RSR 42777)

THREE DAYS AFTER (Trade Mark Of Quality TMOQ 72016)

214 (Rock Solid Records/International RSR 246 A-D)

207.19 (Rock Solid Records/International RSR 248 A-D)

WHITE SUMMER (Rock Solid Records/International RSR 105)

WINTERLAND (Rock Solid Records/International RSR 247)

My "Final Option" case is in great condition(better than one shown above) and records are in excellent condition. I am going to auction soon , any interest contact me. Also have "The Can"(film can) for sale

Hi Crowley - was there a photo book that came in the Can?

Hi Crowley - was there a photo book that came in the Can?

Yes, there is a black and white photo booklet, also says coloured vinyl collectors edition limited pressing of 300 on the back. Rumor is that only 200 were pressed

Archived