NFL 2010 season (any takes?)

silvermedalist

I don't usually listen to Rome's show but today I loved what he did. He called out Brett Favre and told him "we don't want to hear anything you have to say unless its either, I am coming back or I am retiring". And Romer says, if he says he is retiring we won't believe him because we all know he is coming back and has known it all along. So stop the act. Stop the soap opera and the drama. We are getting sick of it. Who does he think he is kidding. beat.gif

I bet Favre returns to the Vikings. My guess is that he doesn't like fooling with the off season workouts, etc. He'd rather be hanging out at his farm in Mississippi. Just show up a few days before the second or third preseason game and he'll be good to go.

I'll be following the Raiders this year due to Rolando McClain and Jason Campbell being acquired by Oakland. I've barely followed Oakland since the Kenny Stabler days. And that was centuries ago.

Thought this was about predictions? Not that over rated piece of shit.

Its about the NFL. Anything you want to talk about. He is playing his little game so i thought Id start with that. My old TO posts are gone to hell in a handbasket. He is pulling his limo up to every damn thing imaginable, I cant believe the damb Bills didnt sign him. Say bye bye to those big season ticket sales Ralph. And if you think us old faithfull Bills fans are going to just fork over the dough you are more crazy than I thought. What the hell are you doing? Maybe Gailey can do something positive. He can be no worse than Dick Moron.

Well, I think my beloved Browns will do much better than last year's nightmare. :bagoverhead: I have more confidence in Delhomme and Wallace than I ever had with Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson. The defense looks much better than last year (which was virtually nonexistant). Come on Browns, I have faith in ya! :smiley_pray:

I don't usually listen to Rome's show but today I loved what he did. He called out Brett Favre and told him "we don't want to hear anything you have to say unless its either, I am coming back or I am retiring". And Romer says, if he says he is retiring we won't believe him because we all know he is coming back and has known it all along. So stop the act. Stop the soap opera and the drama. We are getting sick of it. Who does he think he is kidding. beat.gif

Oh please, Brett, just one more year. And stay with the Vikings so we can see you twice.

We're finally getting a D line that is going to rush the qb. After two decades of making us look like fools, we owe you an ass whipping :D

Hopefully, i can say "this is not your father's Detroit Lions." :smiley_pray:

Well, I think my beloved Browns will do much better than last year's nightmare. bagoverhead.gif I have more confidence in Delhomme and Wallace than I ever had with Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson. The defense looks much better than last year (which was virtually nonexistant). Come on Browns, I have faith in ya! smiley_pray.gif

Think they have made some good moves. Only one way to go just like with my Bills. Up up and wide right.

• 4 weeks later...

Notice that the Buffalo Bills training camp is listed as number two on this sportswriter's list of best places to visit. Its in Pittsford NY right near me. I wont make it this year but have been there many times

http://www.cbssports...overlist_footer

And I am hoping Trent Edwards wins the job in Buffalo. I bought his jersey last year. coffee.gif

For the first time in almost a generation, I am hopeful for the Detroit Lions. I like our coach a lot, and I like the GM. (did I just say that ?) :unsure:

We have a very tough schedule, and I don't see more than 4-5 wins this year. However we have acquired some fine young talent thru the draft, and I'm hoping Suh personally knocks Favre on his ass in a very big way. Our secondary still blows, and our offensive line is still a joke, but you can't rebuild everything at once.

I'm not sure any of you can personally fathom the disgust a Detroiter still has when Matt Millen is sitting in that broadcast chair spilling complete bullshit.

For the first time in almost a generation, I am hopeful for the Detroit Lions. I like our coach a lot, and I like the GM. (did I just say that ?) unsure.gif

We have a very tough schedule, and I don't see more than 4-5 wins this year. However we have acquired some fine young talent thru the draft, and I'm hoping Suh personally knocks Favre on his ass in a very big way. Our secondary still blows, and our offensive line is still a joke, but you can't rebuild everything at once.

I'm not sure any of you can personally fathom the disgust a Detroiter still has when Matt Millen is sitting in that broadcast chair spilling complete bullshit.

Be thankfull you are rid of that fool as a GM. I too think Detroit will be better and will continue to get better. They may be one year away from challenging Green Bay, Minnesota and Chicago but the future looks brighter. They are coming to Buffalo so Ill get a good look at them. I dont know if the divison is Minny's to lose? Green Bay can score but they cant stop anyone. Chicago should play better this year. But maybe the Lions could give them a run for their money. Detroit was just awful against the run and must clean that up. One of the brighter spots for my Bills is the secondary. I believe one of the best. Still wish they had signed TO again. Who the hell is Edwards going to throw to other than Evans? I guess one of their three running backs. They are deep at that position. Was thinking Lynch would be traded for sure.

All I know is that my man, Kyle Wilson a Boise State cornerback, has been on the news for starting his training with the Jets. Too bad it's not a team I normally cheer for, but good for him! biggrin.gif

Well Sanchez will be their QB for the forseeable future so for his sake hope he lands somewhere else. I can't stand the Jets. What's that cheer? J-E-T-S SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK thumbdown.gif

Well Sanchez will be their QB for the forseeable future so for his sake hope he lands somewhere else. I can't stand the Jets. What's that cheer? J-E-T-S SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK thumbdown.gif

I think the only team the Jets are better than are the Raiders... LOL

(...which is sad because though I'm NOT a fan of the Raiders, my new school's mascot is the Raider...the logo looks like the one the Minnesota Vikings uses; I'm going to have to say "go Raiders!")

I think the only team the Jets are better than are the Raiders... LOL

(...which is sad because though I'm NOT a fan of the Raiders, my new school's mascot is the Raider...the logo looks like the one the Minnesota Vikings uses; I'm going to have to say "go Raiders!")

The school my sister and daughters all went to were the Red Raiders, in Fairport, NY. The same school as the actor Phillip Seymour Hoffman gradualted from back in 1986 in Upstate NY. Actually, the Jets are supposed to be good. Probably will be picked to win the division or battle New England for the division. As for my Buffalo Bills, probably picked to finish last. I am hoping better days are ahead.

Sure thought TO would land in Washington but the reports are now out that he may go to Cincy!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13670599/owner-says-bengals-trying-to-sign-unemployed-owens?tag=headlines;other

He is still better than probably 75 percent of the reciever's in the league. Looks like we will be playing against him.

Sad news today. Former Oakland Raiders safety Jack Tatum aka The Assassin, passed away at age 61. Many people hated this guy's guts, especially after the Darryl Stingley hit that left the New England receiver paralyzed for life. I loved the guy and how he fit perfectly into the Raider way of playing. You thought twice before you crossed into his territory. It's too bad he didn't play a bit later as i would have loved to have seen him lay out T.O.

Sad news today. Former Oakland Raiders safety Jack Tatum aka The Assassin, passed away at age 61. Many people hated this guy's guts, especially after the Darryl Stingley hit that left the New England receiver paralyzed for life. I loved the guy and how he fit perfectly into the Raider way of playing. You thought twice before you crossed into his territory. It's too bad he didn't play a bit later as i would have loved to have seen him lay out T.O.

This is so shocking!

My youngest son saw him last year riding in a golf cart outside of the Ohio Stadium several hours prior to the Ohio State vs. USC game, shortly after the College Game Day broadcast was over. My son yelled to him and Jack gave the thumbs up sign to him. That's my son's favorite memory from last year's football season.

RIP, Jack Tatum, former Ohio State football player. (He played for Woody Hayes and his assistant coach Lou Holtz.)

Also shocking: TO, Terrelle Owens, just signed with the Cincinnati Bengals. I wonder what kind of antics that he and Chad Ochocinco will come up with this season?

Edited to say: Even more shocking is that Maurice Clarett is out of prison after serving three years for armed robbery and is back at Ohio State as a student again. He just started classes yesterday! I never thought that he would ever have anything to do with Ohio State again. He must be truly rehabilitated, lol.

Archived