Random Facts About Yourself

Puck Slapping Maple Sucker

Water is recycled it goes to a water treatment plant wear it is cleaned and then sent back to you. Plus it rains.

I'd suggest bringing speakers in there and having some music while you're taking one and thinking. ;) Showers really do help reduce stress and helps you think clearer.

Random fact about myself: I sleep like the thinker statue when I'm laying down. :lol: My eye and wrist are sometimes messed up when I wake up. :black_eye:

So which is it to be?

Spoiled brat or ......?

You do realize how precious our water is, don't you?

Not to mention the cost to your parents..... the cost to the environment is way too much.

It's time to grow up.

Me likes a nice, hot shower as well, but mine is about 10 min. Five minutes to clean, four minutes and 27 seconds to wash hair, and 33 seconds of "flogging the dinosaur."

Yaaawsa!!!! Ready to start the day!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Found this interesting article and quite frankly, it describes me to a t! Couldn't have put it better myself! :D

Things Only Women With A Low Maintenance Fashion Sense Understand

1. You have three hairstyles: down, ponytail, and bun.

2. You have one pair of shoes that you wear with 95% of your wardrobe.

3. Most of your outfits are just some combination of t-shirts and jeans. This makes getting ready massively easy. What are you going to wear? Throw on the first pair of jeans and t-shirt you can find. Put on aforementioned shoes. Boom. Done.

4. You have to be very clear with your hairstylist that you need a cut that’s easy to maintain, because you’re not about that life. Your idea of styling your hair is making sure the part is nice, and if you’re feeling fancy, throwing a clip or headband up there.

5. You find make up a little terrifying.

6. Whenever you hear that you have to wear heels to an event, you get considerably less excited and wish you could get away with hacking them with a dull pocket knife. It would probably hurt less than wearing these shoes for hours!

7. You envy that men can get away with wearing Converse with a suit for certain occasions, because that’s the dream, honestly.

8. When your friends want to go out, your favorite thing to wear is a cool jacket over a t-shirt and your nicest-looking jeans.

9. The back of your closet is where all of your “nice clothes” reside. You pull them out for weddings and funerals, and that’s about it.

10. You own contact lenses, but will often just wear your glasses, because you don’t feel like exerting the effort.

11. Going to the gym at the end of the day is really just an excuse to wear your comfy gym clothes for hours leading up to it.

I've never been skydiving, but I might try it this summer with a friend. We'd be doing tandem jumps from 12,500 feet.

I assume fear of heights is not an issue for you, Pagefan. But have you experience in any other airborne-type activities, such as hang gliding, air assault jumps out of helicopters, bungee jumping, rappelling? It'll make it easier to get that first jump out of the way if you have a similar experience to fall-back on in your memory.

Perhaps you could try one of the above pursuits before going cold into skydiving? Just a suggestion.

I wouldn't worry too much about your parachute failing. Any creditable skydiving school, and I assume you've researched the safety and dependability records of your instructors, will be very vigilant about the reliability of their parachutes. As long as you also pay strict attention to everything and check and double-check, you should be good to go.

Being airborne is a thrill that very few humans get to experience...and it is one of the few authentic adventures left in this era of modernized, civilized mankind that gets us out of our comfort zone.

I have no idea if you still have the enthusiasm for skydiving that you evinced in February, but I encourage you to give it a try if it is in your budget. It's something you'll never forget and your family will look at you in new-found awe.

^^

Strider, thanks for your encouragement and advice. I'm not afraid of heights, although I've never tried any of the high-altitude activities that you mentioned such as hang-gliding, bungee jumping, rappelling, etc. So I do have some trepidation. Actually, I have a young nephew who just graduated from Army Airborne School and he pretty much gave me the same advice you just did. He told me, "just do your research, double-check everything, and don't chicken out. You'll be fine and have a great experience."

^^^

Yeah, I know, Lol. I'm actually reconsidering my decision to do it.

I have two friends who tried it. First guy broke his femur just below the hip bone on his first jump. The 2nd guy was on his 4th or 5th jump and was almost blown into power lines.

Have fun.

I have two friends who tried it. First guy broke his femur just below the hip bone on his first jump. The 2nd guy was on his 4th or 5th jump and was almost blown into power lines.

Have fun.

LOL

To balance things out, I have two cousins who've tried it (one of whom does it regularly for 'fun') and they've only ever suffered from long lasting exhilaration, Pagefan55. I have no idea why anyone would jump out of a perfectly working airplane (I prefer earth and water fun) but different strokes and all that. Good luck, and have fun :)

I am a naturally occurring Zep fan, seeing as it runs in my family. My aunt and uncle saw them in '68 and several times after. I met Jimmy several times when he was in NY last year, and I managed to get a hug from the man himself.

Also, I am a writer, and have just started a music blog which I hope some of you will check out if you're interested! I post about lyrical landmarks in New York City, some of which are going to be Zeppelin related! Here's my latest post, please comment with any feedback you have :) xx

http://n-y-see.blogspot.com/2015/04/for-record-top-5-nyc-album-covers.html?spref=tw

Once in high school while on the bus and stopped at a red light, I and my schoolmates looked down out of the school bus window, into a woman's car and saw that she was pleasuring herself with a vibrator.

Tell me more...;)'

Once in high school while on the bus and stopped at a red light, I and my schoolmates looked down out of the school bus window, into a woman's car and saw that she was pleasuring herself with a vibrator.

Did it excite you, Lips? (just teasing)

No, lol, it made me jealous. :P

Actually, I felt like a dirty little teenage voyeur, lol. Can only imagine what her driver's seat looked like afterwards...

"I spilled my water I was holding inbetween my legs!"

suuuuurreeeee you did...

What are you, some kind of pervert? :lol:;)

Lips, I think being a male Led Zeppelin fan automatically qualifies us all to be a bit perverted... :whistling::lol:

Archived