Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Puck Slapping Maple Sucker

Random Facts About Yourself

Not really a fact about myself but my father had the chance to shake the hand of BB king and Bob Dylan (which by the way was the most boring live he attended to haha)

I might be a bit of a chatterbox on the forums, but getting to know the real me, is a mammoth task in itself. Sometimes, people have actually declared the entire process to be 'exhausting, confusing and incredibly time consuming'. :lol: 

When I don't like someone, I do have this habit of withdrawing completely or dropping off the grid, entirely. It becomes terribly hard to find me, when I don't want to be found. I am actually, rather like Lucy (that character from the show The Big Bang Theory) in many ways. :) 

In reality, I am what folks call, a typical public introvert and a private extrovert. I can be very shy and awkward when I meet someone who I don't know for the first time and unfortunately, my being reserved has been many a time, attributed to moody and standoffish behaviour. :blink: 

It has also puzzled a lot of people that I can be so friendly and 'giggly' in private (in the company of people who I feel comfortable to be around with), but so 'tongue-tied' and 'quiet' in public. 

I don't at all appreciate highly intrusive questions like 'why are you so quiet?' or 'why are you so 'gloomy'?' or 'why are you alone?' Sheesh!! <_< 

I also can't stand it when someone who I barely know, looks at me, when I am deep in thought about something and asks me if I am OK. Thanks for your concern, but it's not like I've injured myself or something! Goodness! Get a grip!

I also cannot stand small talk of any kind, especially on elevators. I am one of those 'embrace the silence', kind of people. 

Oh and a big pet peeve of mine, is people talking in loud voices, while having 'normal' conversations. I myself, am rather soft spoken. My speaking voice is a bit on the soft side, as shouting drives me crazy! :wacko: 

Oh and lastly, during PE class in school, I used to go hide in the library and get lost in a book for over an hour! :P 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

My second random fact for today: 

I hate coffee and I don't know what my parents see in it! Barf!

Yes, I know that it is strange for someone who loves whiskey, to not appreciate coffee, but believe me, I have tried so hard to drink that wretched concoction on quite a few occasions but to no avail. One time, after barely 4 sips, I began feeling so queasy that I had to chew on some sugar free gum, just to get that taste out of my mouth! Yuck! 

I depend on either tea or good old H2O, to quench my thirst. 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Oh and this nifty little cartoon below, sums up my first random fact perfectly! ;) As you can see, I am definitely the introverted rooster, on the right! :lol: 

extravert vs introvert

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Well, it looks like I can't edit my post any longer. So, I'll have to make a new one! 

Here goes. This is the last one, I swear! :P 

My mom is a total extrovert. She can talk to any one, at any time and any place, even to total strangers. In fact, my dad and I are sometimes amazed at how much my mom can talk non-stop for hours, off the cuff! :wacko: 

My dad on the other hand, is the complete and utter opposite! He is the true 'word economist' of the family. 

I on the other hand, am somewhere in the middle. :) 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87
article confusion - had to replace the 'a' with a 'the'

...I shook hands with Prince Charles and Lady Di in November 988.   The were at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris for Armistice Day. 

On 11-7-2016 at 7:42 PM, Stryder1978 said:

...I shook hands with Prince Charles and Lady Di in November 988.   The were at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris for Armistice Day. 

In 988?

Wow, I had no clue you were that old :rolleyes:

NHL Superstar Sydney Crosby walked into the same place I was at, and I didn't bother him, I didn't have the balls to walk up to him as other people were and congratulating him on winning the Stanley Cup and also the MVP. My wife asked me why I didn't do the same and I just said that I would feel stupid bothering him. I really need to work on striking up conversations with strangers when out in public

7 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

I have never driven a car

Lucky you.  I'd love to live somewhere where I didn't need one.

I don't like giving out random facts about myself.

I was walking too close behind my cousin when he was swinging his baseball bat when we were kids and he nailed me right in the jaw, didn't break luckily though...

Edited by luvlz2

On 07/07/2016 at 3:34 PM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

My second random fact for today: 

I hate coffee and I don't know what my parents see in it! Barf!

Yes, I know that it is strange for someone who loves whiskey, to not appreciate coffee, but believe me, I have tried so hard to drink that wretched concoction on quite a few occasions but to no avail. One time, after barely 4 sips, I began feeling so queasy that I had to chew on some sugar free gum, just to get that taste out of my mouth! Yuck! 

I depend on either tea or good old H2O, to quench my thirst. 

I am exactly the same as you with this, haha! I hate coffee with a passion, I love tea and whiskey is my drink of choice :D

6 hours ago, Zoe said:

I am exactly the same as you with this, haha! I hate coffee with a passion, I love tea and whiskey is my drink of choice :D

You have no idea how nice it is to meet someone else who hates coffee as much as I do! Looks like we have a lot in common, Zoe! :D 

Breaking Bad is my favorite show of all time. 

I met Jennifer Carpenter (Dexter/Seth Avett's wife) in Asheville, NC.  

I ran into John Boyega in the beer aisle at a grocery store in Los Angeles a few months before Star Wars: The Force Awakens debuted. 

I love music festivals. 

I like steamed beet greens with butter and a splash of apple cider vinegar on top.

On 7/27/2016 at 2:16 PM, chillumpuffer said:

I have never driven a car

But that's cool because you know how to ride a bicycle - and a bicycle is more fun anyways 

Out of all the main characters on the T.V show Friends, I am just like Chandler! B) 

I can be very sarcastic. I love clowning around and making politically incorrect jokes. My close friends call me crazy and in college, I used to have a reputation for providing comic relief. I use humour as a defense mechanism in trying situations. I can also be very awkward. I am an only child. I love statistics and data analysis (I know Chandler did not, but hey, he did start his career in IT). 

I took a few quizzes and the results were to my utter satisfaction! :D 

NJ2JXc9YUhll.png

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

On 23/08/2016 at 6:05 PM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

You have no idea how nice it is to meet someone else who hates coffee as much as I do! Looks like we have a lot in common, Zoe! :D 

Haha a rare breed we are! And judging by some other posts you made, it looks like we have other stuff in common too :D