Zebra 35th Anniversary gig

Zebra is playing a 35th anniversary gig at the Mahailia Jackson Theatre in New Orleans tonight. Anyone from the area going? I'll be there. Section 16 , Row G seats 11-12

I came very close to flying down for that. Can you share photos if you take any? I am hoping someone puts a few of the songs on You Tube soon after:-)Have a great time!!!

Edit:Zebra will be inducted into the The Louisiana Music Hall of Fame during the Mahalia Jackson Theater performance.

I came very close to flying down for that. Can you share photos if you take any? I am hoping someone puts a few of the songs on You Tube soon after:-)Have a great time!!!

Edit:Zebra will be inducted into the The Louisiana Music Hall of Fame during the Mahalia Jackson Theater performance.

I hate to say this but the concert wasnt that great IMO. They were supposed to start at 8pm. Didnt come out onstage until 9:15, then they kicked it off with a 40 minute acoustic set, which was enough to put me to sleep by the time they struck a cord on the electric. The whole falsetto thing with Randy's voice wasn't in tune half the time. I saw them a few years back at the Strawberry Festival and they weren't that good, but I figured it was just a bad gig. But this one proves that the albums are far more worth listening too. There were alot of people in my area of the theatre who felt the same way last night. You could tell by the look on everyones face. I commend them for being around and putting out music for this long, which was most of the reason I went. (35th Anniversary gig) But as far as the music went, I've been to much better shows...

• 2 years later...

^Thanks Pagemeister. They should have been much bigger IMHO. Late 70's and early 80's if you lived in New Orleans you got to see them a lot. Still love Zebra and have seen several of Randy's acoustic and tribute shows. :peace:

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/10/2010 at 4:06 PM, Rock Historian said:

Zebra is playing a 35th anniversary gig at the Mahailia Jackson Theatre in New Orleans tonight. Anyone from the area going? I'll be there. Section 16 , Row G seats 11-12

Interesting now 8 years later they are doing a 35th anniversary tour in the west coast, but it's the 35th anniversary of the debut album.

Brick By Brick - San Diego, CA. 2/8/18

Archived