• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I was going to go to the Troubadour show until I found out it was just Rich and Chris from the old band. I have seen enough Robinson Bros. shows. already.

It's not the Black Crowes if there is no Ford, Gorman et al. Screw you, Chris.

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/steve-gorman-the-black-crowes-reunion-1203404592/

Edited by Strider

14 minutes ago, Strider said:

I was going to go to the Troubadour show until I found out it was just Rich and Chris from the old band. I have seen enough Robinson Bros. shows. already.

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/steve-gorman-the-black-crowes-reunion-1203404592/

Agreed. I saw the ticket prices and was shocked to think they could really get people to pay that too. Last time I saw them was opening for The Dead. Great band, when it’s the band. 

8 hours ago, Strider said:

It takes two to tango. Rich went along with this, too. The Magpie Salute were only playing to fifty - one hundred on many of their shows. Agreed. It’s not The Black Crowes w/o Steve Gorman, etc. 

R😎

Edited by reids

• 5 months later...
On 6/18/2019 at 4:16 PM, luvlz2 said:

Just finished Steve Gorman's book.

So THAT'S why Jimmy Page left the Black Crowes tour in 2000. I thought it might have been Chris Robinson's fault but it actually was Rich Robinson, according to Gorman. Man, I'm so lucky I got to see those two Greek shows before it all blew up.

Just imagine a tag-team Wrestlemania involving all the battling brothers...The Davies, The Fogertys, The Gallaghers, and The Robinsons? I'd pay to see that.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/13/2020 at 10:19 PM, Strider said:

Just finished Steve Gorman's book.

So THAT'S why Jimmy Page left the Black Crowes tour in 2000. I thought it might have been Chris Robinson's fault but it actually was Rich Robinson, according to Gorman. Man, I'm so lucky I got to see those two Greek shows before it all blew up.

Just imagine a tag-team Wrestlemania involving all the battling brothers...The Davies, The Fogertys, The Gallaghers, and The Robinsons? I'd pay to see that.

Aha, I just ordered Gorman's book, thanks Strider for reminding me of its worth. Always loved his drumming.

Saw the Crowes in '95 and '99 in Dublin which were absolutely great shows. Extremely high, as I hazily recall. In '99 I'd seen their tour set lists online and was yelling out for In My Time of Dying before the final encore, and then they started it and everyone went nuts. Saw them in Dublin '97 too but it was a duff dull disappointing gig, which tallies with their uneven later output and in-band aggro.

I remember seeing an ad in an Irish music magazine for a Page/Crowes gig at The Point arena due around November 2000 before the tour got cancelled officially due to Jimmy's bad back - looking forward to the Gorman read over a continuing precautionary isolating Christmas. Stay safe, folks.

PS for a haunting, harrowing and darkly hilarious sex, drugs and rock 'n roll read, I recommend Mark Lanegan's memoir, Sing Backwards And Weep.

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/mark-lanegan/sing-backwards-and-weep

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/16/2019 at 12:44 PM, Walter said:

Agreed. I saw the ticket prices and was shocked to think they could really get people to pay that too. Last time I saw them was opening for The Dead. Great band, when it’s the band. 

Speaking of the band…Black Crowes ‘93. We traveled to see them at this point in their career. Great fuckin show! 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...