Misundersood Lyrics

Bonzo2000

Well, I googled the lyrics just now and the actual line is "Trying To Save My Soul Tonight!" :blink: ...Gosh! But you're right! The line "Try To Save My Sordid Life" makes more sense! :blink:

I've never stopped to think about the lyrics but this makes me realize I just mumble along something unintelligible, lol :) Like that last line always sounds like "Outta the kit-kat blah blah blah (which naturally makes me think of candy bars!)" ;)

I've never stopped to think about the lyrics but this makes me realize I just mumble along something unintelligible, lol :) Like that last line always sounds like "Outta the kit-kat blah blah blah (which naturally makes me think of candy bars!)" ;)

My friend always said the line "Roast my chestnuts on the fire" I always thought something something desire!

• 2 weeks later...

95% of "Carouselambra". I had to look up the lyrics to find out what Plant was singing, and you know to this day it remains one of my favorite Zeppelin songs. But to be honest, I would still need a lyric sheet to follow along. :slapface:

Yeah, he really does sing fast on that one! Great tune though, best on the album. I understand most of the AAAAHHHHHHs. :P

"With a purple operator and a 50-cent head" (I'm still not exactly sure what the real lyrics are, but I don't listen to Livin' Lovin' Maid very often, lol)

I always heard "with a purple alligator and a fifth in hand"

In Misty Mountain Hop I heard "He said that it was French and ultra fine" instead of "He said that his friends would all drop by"

• 2 weeks later...

I never really thought this lines were real, but they seem funny if I think of them, but I rarely think of them, because I enjoy the music and the actuall lyrics so much, I don't have time to think of this funny misunderstandings I tought of trough the years and ofcourse I am a total and dedicated fan and this is not meant to be disrespectful to Zepl!!

in Kashmir a line seemed like: ''To sit with elders of degenerates!!'' or perhaps: ''To sit with Elvis of the gentle race!!''

In Immigrant I heard: ''Fight the whore sing and cry,...!!'' and also: '' We will drown our ships to new lands!!''

Babe I'm gonna leave you: ''I ain't joking woman, I'm god to Rambo!!''

The lemon song:'' I should have listened baby, to my second man!!''

Thank you: '' Kind of a woman I give you my all, kind of a woman nothing more!!''

Heartbreaker: ''Hey faggots have you heard the news, our Anus is back in town!'' and ''People talking all around how you left my flat!!''

Since I've been loving you:''Yes I love you baby, how I love you baby, your marmalade, little girl!'' and ''You made a nerd to tell me, you didn't want me no more!!''

That's the way: '' I don't know how I'm gonna cook what mama told me, my friend the boy eats stu!''

Going to California: ''Ride a white man in the footsteps of dawn!!''

The rain song: ''On us all just a little train must fall!!''

In my time of dying: ''A my teeth ache, a my teeth ache!!''

In the light: ''Baby let me pay your loan!''

Black country woman: ''you didn't have buy me Quick'n Brite!!''

Sick again: A lot of cuming on the plane that's leaving!!''

Achilles last stand: Old Albin remains, sleeping now to rise in pain!''

For your life: ''Baby tears are loosing names!''

Royal Orleans:A man I know, we gonna loose him, had himself a bad, bad fight And when the sun peeked through John Bonham he drank brandy,

and became dead at night!

Candy store rock:Oh baby baby, You know that I wanted it more Oh baby baby, I'm about to be kissed by the whore, Oh baby baby, It ain't the wrapping that sells the goods, Oh baby baby, I got a sweet tooth before your mountains roar!!''

All of my love: ''For many hours and days that pants dry in the sun!!''

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE THIS THREAD. hahahahh

i totally agree with ''i should have listened baby, to my second man" from 'the lemon song'.

speaking of lemon, in 'communication breakdown', it always sounded like

"i don't know what it is i like about you but i like it a lot,

won't you let me hold you, let me feel your lemon touch."

what a lemon touch was, exactly, i did not know. but i swore that's what it said!

OH also. in 'gallow's pole', the last verse sounded like...

"oh yes, you got a fine sister,

she won my blood for gold."

...though that made no sense in the context of the song XD

I LOVE THIS THREAD. hahahahh

i totally agree with ''i should have listened baby, to my second man" from 'the lemon song'.

speaking of lemon, in 'communication breakdown', it always sounded like

"i don't know what it is i like about you but i like it a lot,

I thought so too; those aren't the real lyrics? :unsure:

in Kashmir a line seemed like: ''To sit with elders of degenerates!!'' or perhaps: ''To sit with Elvis of the gentle race!!''

Heartbreaker: ''Hey faggots have you heard the news, our Anus is back in town!'' and ''People talking all around how you left my flat!!''

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: Oh man! That was so fuckin' priceless! Thanks for the laugh mate! ;)

In misty mountain hop the line is "im not trying to fight it", i would always sing "im not judged by you". Not even close, but sing "im not judged by you" during that part, it fits!

Led Zep have gotta be right at the top of most misunderstood lyrics, custard pie is my all time fav zep song and other than "drop down" i have no clue what the lyrics are. Apparently at the end he repeats the line "id sure like a piece of your custard pie" a few times, i always thought it was "just a piece of your custard pie" Only robert plant could make "id sure like a" sound like "just" haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave you"....I always thought the line was:

"You may be happy every single day"

but it turns out to be

"You made me happy every single day"

It took me a long time to realize it and I just had to laugh at the fact that I had been singing the lyric wrong for a few years. :P

When I was little I thought they were singing about Garfield's dog on the Houses Of The Holy album...

No Quarter -- "close the door turn out the light, Odie won't be home tonight..."

:huh:

I was little!

Ha ha ha! That's cute!

• 2 weeks later...

I never really thought this lines were real, but they seem funny if I think of them, but I rarely think of them, because I enjoy the music and the actuall lyrics so much, I don't have time to think of this funny misunderstandings I tought of trough the years and ofcourse I am a total and dedicated fan and this is not meant to be disrespectful to Zepl!!

In Immigrant I heard: ''Fight the whore sing and cry,...!!'' and also: '' We will drown our ships to new lands!!''

Babe I'm gonna leave you: ''I ain't joking woman, I'm god to Rambo!!''

The lemon song:'' I should have listened baby, to my second man!!''

Thank you: '' Kind of a woman I give you my all, kind of a woman nothing more!!''

Since I've been loving you:''Yes I love you baby, how I love you baby, your marmalade, little girl!'' and ''You made a nerd to tell me, you didn't want me no more!!''

That's the way: '' I don't know how I'm gonna cook what mama told me, my friend the boy eats stu!''

Going to California: ''Ride a white man in the footsteps of dawn!!''

The rain song: ''On us all just a little train must fall!!''

In the light: ''Baby let me pay your loan!''

Black country woman: ''you didn't have buy me Quick'n Brite!!''

Sick again: A lot of cuming on the plane that's leaving!!''

Achilles last stand: Old Albin remains, sleeping now to rise in pain!''

For your life: ''Baby tears are loosing names!''

Royal Orleans:A man I know, we gonna loose him, had himself a bad, bad fight And when the sun peeked through John Bonham he drank brandy,

and became dead at night!

Candy store rock:Oh baby baby, You know that I wanted it more Oh baby baby, I'm about to be kissed by the whore, Oh baby baby, It ain't the wrapping that sells the goods, Oh baby baby, I got a sweet tooth before your mountains roar!!''

All of my love: ''For many hours and days that pants dry in the sun!!''

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

It's been a while since I wrote these, but I guess as a true fan it started to haunt me!! I get extremely pissed, if someone tries to degrade Robert after seeing him in TSRTS, as being gay or ridicioulus or anything!! He is my favourite artist and so what if he had very tight jeans in 73 and 75!! He is one of the greatest artist in the world and his clothing style was constantly changing! And ofcourse there is nothing wrong with gay people, but some folks try to use it to degrade Roberts greatness!! I think they are idiots!!

So please don't get me wrong with some of those lines I wrote!! Especially the administrators!!;)

As an aside to this topic, I just discovered a feature today with my VLC Media Player.

When I play a song with the VLC Media Player, there is a "<" and a ">" on either end of the line, that shows the progress of the track being played, and if, you click on the "<" once, then the track is slowed down, and ergo, you can listen to try and make out what is being said, if you're not sure of what's being spoken or sung.

If you have this feature on your media player, try using it, just for fun anyway.... :D

• 4 weeks later...

Archived