Your least favorite 5 songs

Electrophile, WTF? Are they ranked in order? Is STH really your number one least fave? And if you now blame that on having listened to it too many times, why didn't you stop listening at some point, or just turn the radio off, and only keep the radio on say every 5th time you heard the opening strains? How can you say you prefer Hot Dog? Are you insane? (Wrong person to ask, I guess, but even so...) And you prefer Moby Dick to STH? REALLY? Maybe you should try listening to STH on endless repeat while you run your household and hoover around your 28 husbands - maybe the juxtaposition of the beautiful music with the horrific vista would coalesce into a more tolerable, less unhappy medium, which might lead you to a fuller acceptance of both banes of your life?

• 2 weeks later...

1. hot dog

2. in the evening

3. trampled underfoot

4. battle of evermore (it's okay it's way better than in the evening or hot dog it's just i don't like it)

5. the crunge (it makes me cringe but it has a nice beat to it)

Difficult to keep to just five; in no particular order:

D'yer Mak'er

Living Loving Maid

Rain Song

Fool in the Rain

Since I've Been Loving You (not a typo -- Tea For One was better)

Dishonorable mentions:

Ten Years Gone (way too long)

Nobody's Fault But Mine (Page's solo in that song was one of his all-time worst in studio)

All My Love (but it is understandable given the subject matter)

Difficult to keep to just five; in no particular order:

D'yer Mak'er

Living Loving Maid

Rain Song

Fool in the Rain

Since I've Been Loving You (not a typo -- Tea For One was better)

Dishonorable mentions:

Ten Years Gone (way too long)

Nobody's Fault But Mine (Page's solo in that song was one of his all-time worst in studio)

All My Love (but it is understandable given the subject matter)

I love a lot of the songs you listed, but it's all a matter of opinion. I also love your avatar: Burt Reynolds and Alex Trebek on SNL Jeopardy = major LOL :D

I never did like Dyer Maker but I saw Lady Gaga's cover before she was today's Lady Gaga her cover made me like the song a little bit

here's her cover

I love D'yer Mak'er, and I was surprised that Lady Gaga actually did a good cover. That was before she got weird and started making crappy dance songs that flood radio stations...

I love D'yer Mak'er, and I was surprised that Lady Gaga actually did a good cover. That was before she got weird and started making crappy dance songs that flood radio stations...

lady gaga i'm a fan of hers we both have the same taste in music she loves Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Blondie, David Bowie, Queen, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, etc. and so do i :D i admire her work i heard somewhere she wanted to do rock music before she was famous but since in today's music industry is full of pop music she went being a pop singer that is where the marketing is at.

here is she talks about the musicians who inspired her

Electrophile, WTF? Are they ranked in order? Is STH really your number one least fave? And if you now blame that on having listened to it too many times, why didn't you stop listening at some point, or just turn the radio off, and only keep the radio on say every 5th time you heard the opening strains? How can you say you prefer Hot Dog? Are you insane? (Wrong person to ask, I guess, but even so...) And you prefer Moby Dick to STH? REALLY? Maybe you should try listening to STH on endless repeat while you run your household and hoover around your 28 husbands - maybe the juxtaposition of the beautiful music with the horrific vista would coalesce into a more tolerable, less unhappy medium, which might lead you to a fuller acceptance of both banes of your life?

:goodpost:

My list: Hats off to Harper ( the worst they ever did)

Crunge

Any three from Coda except Hey what can I do (Coda does not count. Would never have been released if Bonzo lived)

D'yer Mak'er

No Quarter

T.S.R.T.S.

The Rain Song

(studio versions only)

ummm----Hot Dog

Wow. Sounds like you are not into Houses of the Holy. I just love No Quarter on a freezing winter night with the snow falling. Love Dyer maker and its always getting trashed here maybe because it was their top 40 song. Hot Dog. ha. Now go listen to Hats off to Harper off of three. Hard to believe that Led Zeppelin put that out. But like I have said, there is not a band out there with no bad songs. And percentage wise, I would say 99.9999 percent of Zepps songs are great. Not many bands can say that. As much as I love the Beatles, I hate the white album. And Pink Floyd, hate animals. The Stones, other than Angie, Goats head Soup.

Really? The post of someone who got banned for attacking me is a "good" post to you?

Says it all, really.

Look Liz. I only say it because I just dont get how someone can like Led Zeppelin so much and not like Stairway to Heaven. Its like being a big fan of Da vinci and hating the Mona Lisa. How can you say Stairway to Heaven is the worst song? how is that possible? Its crazy. Its because you have heard it too much or you just dont think its a good song? Which is it? I didnt know that guy. Never heard of him. But Stairway is such a great song and when people say they hate it it reallly makes me take it to heart. It is in my will to be played at my funeral

I'm sorry, when did my personal musical tastes become ripe for discussion? I don't like the song. In fact, I hate it. That's my opinion. That doesn't mean that everyone else is now required to hate it too. People can like or dislike whatever the heck they want, and it has no bearing or effect on anyone but that person. I've heard it one time too many. I'm over it. That doesn't mean it's a shit song, it means I don't like it. I don't get the big deal -- is it written somewhere that if you're a LZ fan you have to like that song? I'm a PF fan and I hate The Wall. There's 6 songs on that album I like, the rest are utter pap. Someone going to revoke my fandom for that?

You don't need to understand why I don't like it. It doesn't matter. It's not important. Someone asked a question, I answered it. I happen to love No Quarter, namregoob up there doesn't. Do you see me asking them why? No, because I don't care. Their reasoning matters not one iota to me, and I doubt they give a damn that I disagree anyway.

But like I said -- someone attacking me for not liking a song is a "good" post to you. Says it all.

Archived