The Black Sabbath Thread

manderlyh

Well, it is epic, but I still don't like the singing. I've been trying to figure out what I like better about Ozzy than most "metal" singers, and I think it's his sincerity. He was inspired by the Beatles, and never "tried" to sound metal-y. Most of them do and end up sounding pretentious.

Here's my fave part of Black Sabbath:

Acrobat is one of my all time faves.. Geezers lyrics are greatness....

http://youtu.be/1n-ELw-1lrk

I am the world that hides the universal

Secret of all time

Destruction of the empty spaces is my

One and only crime

I've lived a thousand times

I found out what it means to be believed

The thoughts and images

The unborn child who never was conceived

When little worlds collide

I'm trapped inside my embryonic cell

And flashing memories

Are cast into the never ending well

The name that scorns the face

The child that never sees the cause of man

The deathly darkness that

Belies the face of those who never ran

Well I know its hard for you to know the reason why

And I know you'll understand when it's time to die

Don't believe the life you have will be the only one

You have to let your body sleep to let your soul live on

Love has given life to you and now its your concern

Unseen eye of inner life will make your soul return

Still I look but not to touch

The seeds of life are sown

Curtain of the future falls

The secret stays unknown

Just remember love is life

And hate is living death

Treat your life for what its worth

And live for every breath

Looking back I've lived and learned

But now I'm wondering

Here I wait and only guess

What this next life will bring

Edited by zepscoda

Black Sabbath Guitarist Tony Iommi Composes New Music For 'Csi' Tv Series

Legendary Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi has issued the following update:

"People have been asking what exactly I'm doing at the moment. Well, I'm getting back in the studio, having tried to make myself rest after the tours. I'm writing, mostly just putting ideas down rather than complete songs.

"I like to create all sorts of moods with my music and then decide later how they might be used. One specific piece, though, is for the 'Csi' ['Crime Scene Investigation'] TV series that will be aired in the U.S. on November 2nd.

"I was asked if I'd be interested, so I had a look at the footage and came up with an idea they seemed to like. It's not very long, but it was different working with images rather than just music. I'd certainly be up for doing more."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/black-sabbath-guitarist-tony-iommi-composes-new-music-for-csi-tv-series/

Anybody catch this?

Sweet! If I may ask, which songs/albums have you tried/liked so far?

I started from the 1s album. Always like to start from the start and see where the musical journey takes me. The guitar and drum work is good, I'm just need big on Ozzy's voice for whatever reason, I don't dislike it, but I'm pulled to it either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Geezer Butler Arrested For California Bar Fight

According to TMZ dot com, Black Sabbath bassist Geezer Butler was arrested last night (January 27)) following an altercation at the Corkscrew Saloon on the Furnace Creek Ranch in Death Valley, California.

The 65-year old musician was booked at the Inyo County Jail under his full name of Terence Michael Butler. He was charged with misdemeanor assault, public intoxication and vandalism and has since been released "after detox and citation," the Inyo County Sherriff's Department said in an official statement.

"Shortly after midnight on Jan.27, sheriff's dispatch recieved a call regarding a verbal and physical altercation," the statement reads. "After the Inyo county sheriff's deputy arrived on scence and interviewed witnesses, it was determined that there had been an argument that escalated into a physical confrontation - resulting in an individual being struck, and a broken window."

http://www.tmz.com/#Article/2015/01/28/black-sabbath-geezer-butler-arrested-bar-fight

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/black-sabbaths-geezer-butler-arrested-for-california-bar-fight/

post-15049-0-75193200-1422504736_thumb.j

Edited by luvlz2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Black Sabbath Pulls Out Of OZZFEST JAPAN; OZZY OSBOURNE To Perform Solo Set

Despite last month's announcement to the contrary, BLACK SABBATH will not appear at this year's Ozzfest Japan, scheduled for November 21-22 at Makuhari Messe outside Tokyo. The show will instead feature a solo performance by BLACK SABBATH singer Ozzy Osbourne, who will be accompanied by as-yet-undisclosed "friends."

No reason was given for SABBATH'S withdrawal from the event.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/black-sabbath-pulls-out-of-ozzfest-japan-ozzy-osbourne-to-perform-solo-set/

Bill Ward: I Want Ozzy Osbourne To Publicly Amend His Opinions And Exaggerations Of Me

Original BLACK SABBATH drummer Bill Ward has released the following statement:

"I have not made any public statements regarding my relationship with BLACK SABBATH since February 2012. Today, I want to address that relationship in this formal statement. Thank you.

"I have neither severed nor discontinued my relationship with BLACK SABBATH. However, since 2012, the often inaccurate statements about me as a musician have caused me to be guarded and be especially detached emotionally and spiritually from Ozzy. His rhetoric above all has brought me the most discord. The continuing misguided information about me has established a necessity on my part to confront these issues. And now, with the imminent release of a new BILL WARD BAND album, and the flurry of rumors about new SABBATH projects, I feel it appropriate to speak in a truthful and an uncynical way.

"There is always speculation about a true, original SABBATH lineup for the next tour or record. With a sad heart, I have to say I will not participate in any musical undertakings until a righting of the wrongs spoken against me has been achieved. I must admit, I have little to no expectations of this happening, but in the order of first things first, I'm looking for an honest accountability of all of Ozzy's statements that I felt were untrue. I would want Ozzy to amend his opinions and exaggerations. I would want him to be forthcoming about his unrealistic viewpoints. And because I was chastised pubicly, I would want him to amend publicly in his words, and not through an Ozzy represenative, the nature of the wrongs. I would not want to continue on with him without this seemingly impassible dilemma being addressed.

"I don't think previously strong relationships can remain strong after dispute by just sweeping the offensive stuff under the carpet, or by saying a puny sorry, or 'oh, that's all over now.' It doesn't work like that for me. Righting of wrong works, and that's what I want if I'm ever going to be his friend again.

"Still undone and faraway is a 'signable' contract. I would require a 'signable' contract before moving one step toward a pathway that could lead to us all playing together again. I want a contract I can approve.

"That's my truth. That's my stand.

"I've listened to nothing but insults and false remarks, and if as a band or as individuals they wish to continue along the same lines, then any notion of an original BLACK SABBATH lineup will continue to fade away.

"Put simply, it's up to them.

"I have dearly missed playing with them and as people; I have been heartbroken over the loss of who I thought we were. And now you know where I stand.

"Very soon my band, BILL WARD BAND will release a new album ironically called 'Accountable Beasts'. I re-kickstarted it in May 2012, and in an off and on journey to record, we have reached our final destination -- a good mix, and a well mastered record. At this time we are putting the final touches on the digital booklet.

"There are other multiple projects in different stages of progress, and I hope to bring more definitive news about them as things unfold this year.

"I have been very happy writing new songs, playing drums and working with other musicians. I have been blessed with musical visions and the ability to harness them. I'm moving into the future with an optimistic outlook.

"For our many SABBATH fans, I love you all dearly. You are extremely special people. You fucking rock.

"I have been in deep regret since January 2012 that a true union was denied. I've remained faithful to you and honest with myself. Had I not been honest throughout, I would have perished long ago. My hand is within yours, and I am encouraged to know you better. Stay safe and stay strong.

"Now it is time to meet the circumstances of my statement and attend to what else is ongoing and before me."

Ward was on board for the SABBATH reunion when it was first announced in November 2011, but backed out soon after. He later claimed that he sat out the recording and touring sessions because of unfair contractual terms, although the members of SABBATH have hinted in other interviews that he wasn't physically up to the task.

SABBATH has used Ozzy's regular touring drummer Tommy Clufetos since then for live work. RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE's Brad Wilk laid down the drum tracks on the band's comeback album, "13", which came out in June 2013.

It was rumored that SABBATH wanted to bring a second drummer on the road to share duties with Ward, which he allegedly balked at. Ward said in one interview that he "would never, ever show up for a commitment that I could not do physically."

Ward said he would return on one condition, that he "play all or nothing." It's been speculated that SABBATH wanted Ward to play only part of its live shows because he wasn't in shape to perform and entire concert.

Ozzy told the New York Daily News, "I don't think [Ward] could have done the gig, to be honest. He's incredibly overweight. A drummer has to be in shape. He's already had two heart attacks. I don't want to be responsible for his life."

In an interview with the Phoenix New Times, guitarist Tony Iommi stated about Bill's absence from the SABBATH reunion: "We were hoping Bill was going to do it.

"It was Bill who pulled the plug, it wasn't us. Bill decided on his own he didn't want to do this, because he didn't like things the way it was. But we still don't know exactly what that was, because Bill won't exactly talk to us about it. He got his lawyers to talk with our lawyers, and it went that way instead of talking to the band personally. It got to be a silly situation.

"It would have been nice to have had Bill on the album, but it was getting too complicated. It had been after a year of this stuff, and we just had to get on with it."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bill-ward-i-want-ozzy-osbourne-to-publicly-amend-his-opinions-and-exaggerations-of-me/

post-15049-0-19268000-1429139010_thumb.j

Edited by luvlz2

OZZY OSBOURNE Refuses To Apologize To Bill WARD: 'Physically, You Knew You Were F**ked'

BLACK SABBATH singer Ozzy Osbourne has responded to an "open letter" by the band's original drummer Bill Ward in which Ward said he would not consider rejoining the band unless Ozzy publicly apologized for what Ward percieved as a series of insults.

In a statement posted on Facebook, Ozzy said: "I never wanted to discuss this in a public forum but Bill's statements left me no option to but to respond honestly.

"Wow, Bill, what the fuck are you on about? I cannot apologize for comments or opinions I may have made about you in the press during SABBATH's '13' album and tour - physically, you knew you were fucked. Tony, Geezer and myself didn't think you could have done a two-hour set with a drum solo every night, so we made the decision to move on. With Tony's condition, we felt that time was not on our side.

"Bill, stop this smokescreen about an 'unsignable contract' and let's be honest. Deep down inside, you knew you weren't capable of doing the album and a 16-month tour.

"Unfortunately for you, our instincts were correct as you were in hospital several times during 2013. Your last hosptialization was for a shoulder surgery that you now say you've only just recovered from. This would have meant that our world tour would have been canceled. So how is all of this my fault? Stop playing the victim and be honest with yourself and our fans.

"Bill, we go back a long way, let's stop this now before it gets out of hand.

"God bless you.

"Love, Ozzy"

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ozzy-osbourne-refuses-to-apologize-to-bill-ward-physically-you-knew-you-were-fked/

BILL WARD: 'I'm Quite Capable Of Playing A Complete F**king BLACK SABBATH Set' :

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bill-ward-im-quite-capable-of-playing-a-complete-fking-black-sabbath-set/

Edited by luvlz2

• 1 month later...

Bill Ward Makes Surprise Appearance With Black Sabbath Bandmates (A Top Story)

On Friday Bill Ward Makes Surprise Appearance With Black Sabbath Bandmates was a top story. Here is the recap: (hennemusic) Black Sabbath were honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2015 Ivor Novello Awards in London on Thursday. Ozzy Osbourne missed the event while drummer Bill Ward reunited with guitarist Tony Iommi and bassist Geezer Butler to accept the prize,

http://www.antimusic.com/news/15/May/ts22Bill_Ward_Makes_Surprise_Appearance_With_Black_Sabbath_Bandmates.shtml

Edited by zepscoda

catsab.jpg

Now the first time I tried catnip

and it got me really high

When my eyes were glazed like donuts

and I wanted chicken pie

My tail began to quiver

And my fur twitched on it's own.

This sweet leaf leaves me purrranoid

Must have been home grown. ;)

I was bored without you, sweet nip

But my whiskers were a little bit too long.

You always leave me clumsy

and a short attention span

'cause that sweet leaf makes me dizzy

like a drunken iron man.

You look so green and leafy

Not easy to explain.

But now I'm so addicted

I can't even brush my mane.

I was bored without you, sweet nip

But my whiskers were a little bit too long.

Now my tail won't keep from flickin'

'cause there's sweet leaf in my heart.

My milk bowl overfloweth

and I wish I didn't start.

Treating mice like pawns, as I come down all alone.

I'm all out of my sweet nip like

a dog without a bone

I was bored without you sweet nip

but my whiskers were a little bit too long.

Just a little bit too long.

Wizard%20kitty%20tuna_zpsdhiu8y6o.gif

Writ by Panther

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...