The Black Sabbath Thread

manderlyh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They were the first band I saw live back in '72. George Hall, Bradford. The drums were covered with flowers as if for a funeral. Towards the end Ozzy grabbed a bunch and threw them into the audience... I caught them! The flowers dried up but I kept the dried stems for a few years until my Mum threw them out one day when she was cleaning!! 

37 minutes ago, Victor said:

They were the first band I saw live back in '72. George Hall, Bradford. The drums were covered with flowers as if for a funeral. Towards the end Ozzy grabbed a bunch and threw them into the audience... I caught them! The flowers dried up but I kept the dried stems for a few years until my Mum threw them out one day when she was cleaning!! 

Cool story Victor!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 1/15/2018 at 2:41 PM, Victor said:

Wow, cool story!

Ozzy usually complains about Tony Iommi when they’re not playing together. He did from 1979-97 and again in 2007-2010.  So why should now be any different...

Ozzy’s all bent out of shape now, because Tony asked (or told) him to stop yelling “Let’s See You going CRAZY!!!” and “LOUDER” and “I Can’t fucking hear you!!!” non stop during his guitar solos... who knows? 2-3 years ago..

That’s part of being in a band.. I am sure Tony and Geezer had to grin and bear a lot of things ... like not playing a ton of classic Black Sabbath songs because Ozzy can no longer sing them.. 

Ozzy prefers being his own boss now, which is understandable. But when you’re in a major band, like Black Sabbath, some compromises with your bandmates is part of the deal. It’s not all about the one guy doing frog leaps. 

Edited by the chase

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 10:57 PM, the chase said:

Ozzy’s all bent out of shape now, because Tony asked (or told) him to stop yelling “Let’s See You going CRAZY!!!” and “LOUDER” and “I Can’t fucking hear you!!!” non stop during his guitar solos... who knows? 2-3 years ago..

That was so annoying. Its like a robot or something....every. single. time. And the obnoxious ape howling he always did over the Iron Man riff.  

I was happy they left out a lot of those cheesy little things on the last tour. 

Edited by JLee93

• 4 weeks later...