A personal favorite of mine

Alexa

Hello, all!

I'm a teenage Zeppelin fan and I LOVE Robert Plant, especially in his early days (as a musician, of course, I'm a little young for him. Lol!! But I will say that I think he was pretty cute when he was around nineteen or twenty or so :)).

A Robert Plant pre-Zep favorite of mine is "Long Time Coming", but for some reason, I can't find out or tell what band he was with when he recorded that song. All the information I have is that it was recorded in 1967. If anybody has any information, please enlighten me! As a quick side note, I don't favor Mr. Plant over the rest of the band--I hold them all to the highest respect. :)

Many thanks!

Your fellow Zep Head,

Alexa

Hi Alexa,

"Long Time Coming" was released in July 1967 by CBS records. Robert had signed a contract with CBS in the fall of 1966 when he was part of the band Listen. The contract called for 3 singles, but Listen broke up after the first single ("You Better Run" / "Everybody's Gonna Say"), so the second single ("Our Song" / "Laughin' Cryin' Laughin'") and the final single ("Long Time Coming" / "I've Got A Secret") were credited to Robert Plant only.

During 1967 Robert played with multiple lineups of The Band Of Joy, although they did not play on the records. (However, it has been reported that John Bonham played drums on "Long Time Coming").

The song was written by someone named "J. Simmons" but I've never been able to figure out who that was. Robert did not write the song.

You can find more info on Robert's solo singles here.

Hope this helps.

Hi Alexa,

"Long Time Coming" was released in July 1967 by CBS records. Robert had signed a contract with CBS in the fall of 1966 when he was part of the band Listen. The contract called for 3 singles, but Listen broke up after the first single ("You Better Run" / "Everybody's Gonna Say"), so the second single ("Our Song" / "Laughin' Cryin' Laughin'") and the final single ("Long Time Coming" / "I've Got A Secret") were credited to Robert Plant only.

During 1967 Robert played with multiple lineups of The Band Of Joy, although they did not play on the records. (However, it has been reported that John Bonham played drums on "Long Time Coming").

The song was written by someone named "J. Simmons" but I've never been able to figure out who that was. Robert did not write the song.

Hope this helps.

:( I can't find Our Song on YouTube anymore. So, I can't share it...

It's my fav PreZep song of Robert

...so I listen La Musica E Finita instead...

// This is a cry for help, if anyone wonders :lol:

Hi Alexa,

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much, that helped a lot! *phew* Now I can finally tell people the history of that song without feeling like an idiot. Ha ha ha! :) Thanks again!

Archived