Best Led Zeppelin Song Over 10 Minutes

cheesehead1204

130 members have voted

1. 1. Best song over 10 minutes?

• In My Time Of Dying
    • Achilles Last Stand
    • Carouselambra

I'm sure this will be a blowout for Achilles Last Stand, but I figured I'd ask anyways. What's your favorite Led Zeppelin studio song over 10 minutes long? Personally, I like them all, but I like Carouselambra least. So it comes down to In My Time of Dying and Achilles Last Stand. I love them both, but I have to side with Achilles Last Stand by a very small margin.

I wonder how long it will take before someone chooses Carouselambra. So far the song's 0 for 12. Can't say I'm surprised, cause the other 2 songs are so good, but I do think Carouselambra is underrated. I'm not too fond of the keyboards in the first few minutes, but once it gets past the 4 minute mark I start to really like it. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For my taste ...none of them.

With the exception of White Summer, I have little to none problems to digest lengthy Zeppelin LIVE pieces like HMMT, D&C, No Quarter or WLL...but I find it really tough to pick a studio song longer than Kashmir

For an 'in car' sampler I compiled my fave Zep tracks incl. the penultimate live version of In My time of Dying (ripped from DVD), but edited it down to 6 minutes. This may sound like a sacriledge, but believe me it works much better. IMTOD now is tight, punchy and still allows me to savour Bonzo's larger than life drum sound banging around in my car .

Best of all It saved me another 5 odd minutes to ad another trackB)

For my taste ...none of them.

With the exception of White Summer, I have little to none problems to digest lengthy Zeppelin LIVE pieces like HMMT, D&C, No Quarter or WLL...but I find it really tough to pick a studio song longer than Kashmir

For an 'in car' sampler I compiled my fave Zep tracks incl. the penultimate live version of In My time of Dying (ripped from DVD), but edited it down to 6 minutes. This may sound like a sacriledge, but believe me it works much better. IMTOD now is tight, punchy and still allows me to savour Bonzo's larger than life drum sound banging around in my car .

Best of all It saved me another 5 odd minutes to ad another trackB)

Btw i completely agree with u acept i like white summer on the dvd. I am wondering tho how u rip the audio of a dvd. Iv tried converters and such and they only show the bonus stuff on the dvds.

Btw i completely agree with u acept i like white summer on the dvd. I am wondering tho how u rip the audio of a dvd. Iv tried converters and such and they only show the bonus stuff on the dvds.

Several ways...check the www net

http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/136/59/

http://www.clone2go.com/tutorials/rip-audio-from-dvd-to-mp3.php

It's been quite a long time since I've ripped dvd's for the sake of audio, but I had great results with Smartripper (to rip your DVD into .vob files), another program to seperate the video from the audio (sorry forgot the name of that freeware) and audacity (to edit and convert the .WAV files). These toys are great fun....I really enjoyed fooling around with some of the finest music to suit my personal cravings

good luck

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Carouselambra is actually a pretty interesting one for me.  It shows JPJ's talents and then Jimmy's more darker drop tuning side of his guitar talents.  I personally like them all but lately I've been listening to the last zep album and I would have to say that Carouselambra is my favorite song on In Through The Out Door.  I hate the bit at the end though...

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived