Do you think Led Zeppelin will ever reunite?

Dazedandconfused7

109 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that Led Zeppelin will ever reunite and maybe go on tour?

• Yes
    • No

It won't happen, because Plant doesn't want to do it and because Bonzo is dead!

As far as thinking about it goes, i'm thinking about it right now, because of this topic and because of many others similary problematic topics! I just don't think it will happen!!;):P:rolleyes:

No, I don't think so. Although I'd love nothing more than to see a Led Zeppelin concert (I'm 17), I think Plant is too satisfied doing his own thing, and since Bonzo is gone, it will never truly be the real Led Zeppelin anyways. Plus, the boys are getting up there in age; Plant, Page, and JPJ are all in their 60s. I'm not doubting they can still rock out, but if a reunion doesn't happen soon, it's likely never to happen.

Yes.

And here's why.

Plant has had the luxury and means to envelop himself in his current and past current project around a large part of his early foundational influences. And then some.

Plant is at his best as a lyricist of his own creations.

He's gone back to school, so to speak.

Out of this endeavour can come a new verve, a new dynamic. A fork in the fjord for the masses. .. If it still burns witin.

I would welcome new compositions. I could live without a tour. Just new compositions.

With Page, Jones and Jason Bonham.

It would be a changewave in music as we know it at present if this were to happen.

A new course and direction similar to three or four decades gone by.

Let history repeat.

One can only hope that it happens.

If it does: I'll be there wherever it is.

If it doesn't: I'm the luckiest SOB in the world because I saw their last show front row!

and even reviewed the show on BBC.

Well, I dont know if you are any luckier than us that saw them in the seventies? I saw them play for 3 and 1/2 hours in 1977 up close. That is prettty lucky too dont you think?

This question has been beaten to death many times over. I am as resposible for that a anyone. I am a dreamer like many others.

I voted no based on Robert's recent comments, it seems he's put Led Zeppelin behind him, however I live in hope that he may change his mind. Another one-off show to mark a major event like the 2012 Olympics would be fantastic, and give all of us of opportunity who were too young to see them in the '70s or not lucky enough to see them in 2007 live. Just once would be enough for me, please Robert... :smiley_pray:

• 11 months later...

I don't begrudge any fan wanting to fantasize about LZ touring, and what that would be like....

But that said.... I do not believe that LZ will ever tour again, because to do that, you would need the participation of Robert Plant.

Robert, is now doing things his way, as a solo artist. He has no need to fall back to a supergroup position, when that it not what he wants to do.

It's simply Robert's personal choice to do things the way he's doing them.

NO one can sing and perform Led Zeppelin as Robert Plant can. NOone.

But Robert does not (since, or before the O2 show) perform LZ songs as the "Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin".

Robert has no desire to go on tour as the "Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin." Just for the O2 show, as a favor to Ahmet's wife, Robert agreed to perform as Led Zeppelin. Well, that is done now, and, the rest is history.

I personally have no desire to see the solo artist Robert Plant performing with JP and JPJ in a Led Zeppelin construct.

As I do not know any singer alive that could take the place of Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin, I do not see a tour worth going to see ever coming about, with regards to Led Zeppelin.

Oh, you might see a one-off Zeppelin (acoustic ?) show every decade or so.... but that's it.

Nope, I'm afraid I will Never see Led Zeppelin on tour again, except in my day dreams... and my recollections of what was, and what shall never be.......

Yes.

And here's why.

Plant has had the luxury and means to envelop himself in his current and past current project around a large part of his early foundational influences. And then some.

Plant is at his best as a lyricist of his own creations.

He's gone back to school, so to speak.

Out of this endeavour can come a new verve, a new dynamic. A fork in the fjord for the masses. .. If it still burns witin.

I would welcome new compositions. I could live without a tour. Just new compositions.

With Page, Jones and Jason Bonham.

It would be a changewave in music as we know it at present if this were to happen.

A new course and direction similar to three or four decades gone by.

Let history repeat.

I agree that this could be a possible IF: 1.) They didn't call themselves Zeppelin. 2.) They came up with new compositions, new creative energy, like they use to. 3.) One of Roberts biggest gripes is the expectations that come along with "Zeppelin" playing the old numbers etc.; the massiveness of doing a show, tour etc. It is obvious he's not tired of the Zeppelin songs other than Stairway as he has sang them, sampled them, wrapped a new genre' around them. What is clear is that he wants to move forward and I think he feels the Led in Zeppelin is weighing him down. If they could just get together and come up with new music perhaps that would rekindle Roberts love of working with Page and Jonesy.

On another note one of my dream power trios would be Jimmy (Guitar, etc.), Jack White (Drums & vocals) & Jonesy (Bass and a million other instruments he can play). Who knows.

Archived