Favorite Dazed And Confused

cheesehead1204

88 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Version of Dazed And Confused?

• LZ1 Studio Recording
    • Live on The Song Remains The Same
    • Live on BBC Sessions Disc One
    • Live on BBC Sessions Disc Two
    • Live on HTWWW

What's your favorite version of Dazed And Confused officially released to cd? Personally, I choose the version from The Song Remains The Same. The vocals are a bit overdone in some spots, but the middle section of the song is better than any of the other live efforts in my opinion. I do really like the Studio version too, obviously.

What's your favorite version of Dazed And Confused officially released to cd? Personally, I choose the version from The Song Remains The Same. The vocals are a bit overdone in some spots, but the middle section of the song is better than any of the other live efforts in my opinion. I do really like the Studio version too, obviously.

TSRTS, remastered CD version.

For me, it's Hampton 71. Brilliant solo section and improv. One of those shows where Bonzo and Jonesy make Jimmy catch up. Too bad there's a cut towards the end of the tape

Cudos to Osaka 9/29/71 as well !

Essen '73, Bonzo and Jimmy are so in sync with one another that it's ridiculous. 17/7/73 would have to have the best bow solo I've ever heard though.

As for official releases, definitely TSRTS. HTWWW is great, as is the Albert Hall but I just love the 'San Francisco' section.

I can't decide so I'll just mention the parts I really enjoy from each version.

Studio - the original and that's that

TSRTS - wonderful version, i really love the intro harmonic phrases, the verse guitar fills, the pre-bow solo jam is superb, very dynamic guitar solo, and the ending drum solo is absolutely insane and nothing reaches that intensity.

BBC 1 - bonzo's drumming is extra powerful on this track

BBC 2 - haven't givin it many play throughs

HTWWW - flawless crunge jam, best bow solo i have heard from page, ending coda jam is the best i've heard followed by a pounding drum solo

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well..if it's "officially released" as you stated......the TSRTS version

i love listening to live dazed more than any other zep tune...the longer the better......just love it

have to say the TSRTS version seems to be my template......but i love em all B)

For me, it's Hampton 71. Brilliant solo section and improv. One of those shows where Bonzo and Jonesy make Jimmy catch up. Too bad there's a cut towards the end of the tape

Cudos to Osaka 9/29/71 as well !

Since I clearly did not read the beginning of the thread, HTWWW for me

• 1 month later...

Studio version. I know it is a studio recording but this version is the most powerful in my opinion. All band members did a great job and even topped themselves, especially Robert Plant. Live version are great too and I like them a lot but I think The Song Remains The Same version is the most magical one. I especially like "San Francisco" part and bow section. It is just amazing and pure magic.

• 1 month later...

I like the Studio Version the best! There is that certain vulnerability and rawness in Robert's voice which I just adore! :wub:

Just my thoughts :)

PLus, I like the studio version because it is more concentrated. I am not always in the mood for extended jams. But when TSRTS is my version of choice.

• 4 weeks later...

I seem to be in the minority here, but I like HTWWW version. Very crisp sound to it. I just like the feel and groove of it the most.

It still has that early tours heaviness about it that short of the bow section, is missing from TSRTS soundtrack

• 1 year later...

Which version of TSRTS?

The old album version,

the old movie version or

the Kevin Shirley remastered new version?

[it doesnt matter because it pales in comparison to BBC Disc 1] :bubble:

[oh yes... the sustained fuzz on jimmy's guitar as he exits the middle section back to the main body @5:00-5:05 in this version is one of the greatest 5 seconds in rock history]

• 1 month later...

Archived