the new forum

Kith Kannan

your so kind LOL nice to have a friend :D

I've only got one "friend." :'( Thank you, Chicken!

Does anybody know how we can stop the site sending us e-mails whenver we have a new PM etc.? Not that I get dozens of them, but it still used to clog up my regular e-mail account, and wasn't necessary anyway. I can't find a button to make it stop.

HELP!

I've only got one "friend." :'( Thank you, Chicken!

Does anybody know how we can stop the site sending us e-mails whenver we have a new PM etc.? Not that I get dozens of them, but it still used to clog up my regular e-mail account, and wasn't necessary anyway. I can't find a button to make it stop.

HELP!

I used on of my other my email addresses when I signed up, send s them to that one now and doesn't clog up my main one.

You have one more friend than me so far :(

I don't know what you mean. When I click on the smilie button, the code shows up in the post, rather than the image. That shows up when I actually submit the post. Are you unable to click the smilies when the box pops up?

I can click on them, but the code doesn't jump into the message wherever my cursor lies....as is customary.

It almost acts as if I have emoticons disabled, but that box is checked.

Helen:

My Controls --> Email settings --> Board preferences --> uncheck the box that corresponds to getting emails sent when you get PMs.

Thankee, Elizabeth! :thanku: What a relief.

You can be my friend if you like, Paul. I have no idea what it means if you are, like if you get a badge to wear or flowers from me on your birthday or something, but I shall make the gesture anyway. :D

What browser are you using? If you're using Firefox, go to Tools --> Options --> Content and make sure the box that is marked "load images automatically" is checked. See if that helps.

Opera....I didn't have this problem on the old board, nor do I anywhere else I go.

The old board had a function where you could be in a subsection and hit "mark all posts read" and then the logo on the main page wouldn't be lit up. I kind of miss that. I find it hard to keep track of what I've read unless I look at the time :wacko:

I miss some of the moties too :(

Same as everyone else really. I guess the thing that has annoyed me is the fact that the long standing members of the old board have lost there post counts. I lost 2000 posts over there and I feel even more sorry for the really long standing members like Knebby, Ev, Angi, Chicken and so on. I don't like the fact that naive newbies could come on and started kicking people around not knowing the full history of this wonderful community.

I have just been appointed as a Zep Head, priveledged to be the third person to become one so far, but I still feel small in comparison to the big posters of the last forum, people I really look up to.

I like certain aspects of this new forum, but there are things I really miss. The image resizing thing for your avatar is really annoying and also that you can't link it with a URL. You have to upload the image direct to the site and it has to be size limited. That means I cannot use my gif animation that I have in my sig for my avatar. On the old forum it just squished it to fit and it looked great. But on here it won't squish (that's a technical term by the way! :lol:) it or let me have it on due to file size!!!

Oh well.

I do like the friends feature and the look of some of the menus, as well as the search and members functions. We will all get used to it and the old board will soon be a distant but beautiful memory.

I like it! I like the graphics & layout & everything...Only thing I miss is the avatar text, like everybody else was saying, but I can get over it. How do people have 100 posts already, that's what I'm wondering...

That's what I am wondering too!!! :lol: There are only three of us so far to exceed 100, however, I think Manders is probably passing that milestone now.

what do you all think of it?

personally, I like the layout and look of the old one more. Plus its a pain whenever I have to re-register and I lose my post count etc...

I'm sure I will get used to this one though. I hope we don't going to lose to many members in the transition. :ph34r::hippy:

Yes and we all have to start off as newbies again :D

But we'll survive!

I need help again. To save a copy of a PM, do you need to check the box every single time (and lose the PM if you forget), or can you make it stay checked?

I'm not sure what you mean. I don't think it's possible to save them, as the only options you have for moving them is either to the "sent items" folder or to delete them. That's what the boxes are for; to select the PMs you want to move.

If you want to keep the PM, just don't delete it. Either that or copy/paste the PMs into a Word document so you can keep them and delete them from your Inbox.

But we'll survive!

I need help again. To save a copy of a PM, do you need to check the box every single time (and lose the PM if you forget), or can you make it stay checked?

I've noticed that too and I think from what I can sort of feebly figure out, you do. Though that seems rather odd it won't just remember that's your preference.

Archived