Fate Of Nations

Misfit

Good Effort but my fave is Principle Of Moments particularly Wreckless Love.

Also an excellent album/song. Really hard to say absolute fave because each one moved me in a different way since they're all so different. But something about FoN and Mighty Rearranger grabbed me a wee bit more :)

Also an excellent album/song. Really hard to say absolute fave because each one moved me in a different way since they're all so different. But something about FoN and Mighty Rearranger grabbed me a wee bit more :)

I hear what you're saying it's like picking your favourite child not an easy thing to do as they all have their own special qualities and personalities.

I quite like Manic Nirvana and Now & Zen too.

FON is a very 'classy' album, perhaps a little too slick in places, but definitely very high quality.

As an unreconstructed & unapologetic knuckle-dragging ZepHead, my favourite is probably Manic Nirvana, followed by Pictures at Eleven.

My favorite songs from Fate of Nations are:

Come Into My Life

I Believe

29 Palms

The Greatest Gift

Great Spirit

Networks News

Those are my favorites but I really love the whole album and the bonus tracks on the remastered version.

It is the album by Robert that I think was his best solo work by far.

Bonus tracks.....?

It is the album by Robert that I think was his best solo work by far.

Bonus tracks.....?

Yes. On the re-mastered versions and also on the compilation box set nine lives (released in late 2006 or so) by Rhino with a bonus DVD (with videos and an hour long interview).

http://www.amazon.com/Nine-Lives-Box-Robert-Plant/dp/B000GH3QEE

http://www.amazon.com/Nine-Lives-Box-Robert-Plant/dp/tracks/B000GH3QEE/ref=dp_tracks_all_full#disc_1

(track listing for Nine Lives as well as audio samples of bonus tracks)

R B)

Edited by reids

Yes. On the re-mastered versions and also on the compilation box set nine lives (released in late 2006 or so) by Rhino with a bonus DVD (with videos and an hour long interview).

http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/B000GH3QEE

http://www.amazon.co...all_full#disc_1

(track listing for Nine Lives as well as audio samples of bonus tracks)

R B)

Thank you. just had one of those "bonus tracks what bonus tracks" moments...

Fate of Nations is an astonishingly brilliant album. I dare say a masterpiece. The lyrical content is compelling, earthy, organic, and evocative while the overall production is flawless. If it were released tomorrow you'd never know it was recorded nearly 20 years ago. 5 stars!

Absolutely, Steve. You nailed it right there. My favorite Robert Plant album and all time favorite albums period! So many great songs, well written, produced and great musicianship. Such variety throughout. Just love it!

Edited by SuperDave

Of course I Love all of Robert Plant's solo cds, however, I personally think that "Manic Nirvana" is his best. I know that some people do not like the whole Chris Blackwell/Doug Boyle, etc.. lineup.

I think that "I Cried" might be my most favorite Robert Plant solo song.

i really rated it when it came out and was happy about that as i'd not been too impressed with anything after pictures at eleven. i thought his gigs round that period were also good with a band that clicked. i was a little upset that him hooking up with page again would curtail his solo career when he seemed to be really on it. not that i was upset about the reunion of the pair otherwise obviously

i really rated it when it came out and was happy about that as i'd not been too impressed with anything after pictures at eleven. i thought his gigs round that period were also good with a band that clicked. i was a little upset that him hooking up with page again would curtail his solo career when he seemed to be really on it. not that i was upset about the reunion of the pair otherwise obviously

Was that a typo? Dis you really mean hated it?