What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

LOL, Strider. For most 94 I was not in the States and in a place that I can safely say Robert and Jimmy on MTV was unknown and the very least, never mind. 

This MTV special is different from the No Quarter disc ? I was never a video guy. I own TSRST on VHS and an unopened Blu-ray version, The 2003 issue, The Wall and Bowie's Ziggy Finale on DVD (a gift) .That's my video collection.

The 94 stuff doesn't have the same appeal as 96 & 98 ESPECIALLY . Jimmy was on fire and I prefer The Clarksdale tracks live .

I listened to No Quarter 5x including when I bought the remaster. 95 Glastonbury is a show I really like and tacked that Rain Song on my download for disc to follow The Song Remains the Same. SRS without Rain Song is like cornflakes without milk. Next stop u-tube.  Unledded MTV special. Thanks I will rip the audio.

By the way, I am a very fortunate man and envy is a rare emotion but that vinyl has me green as an Avocado. Spectacular!

My knowledge of Bootleg Vinyl is something I am trying to expand along with my collection of Vinyl. Can you recommend a source (preferably a book to reference and eventually commit to memory) that correlates CD Titles with their Vinyl counterparts ?  I'm starting off with the staples LA, Seattle, New York in 180-200 (if possible) I do not want to make costly mistakes .  

6 hours ago, Jimmywalnutz said:

LOL, Strider. For most 94 I was not in the States and in a place that I can safely say Robert and Jimmy on MTV was unknown and the very least, never mind. 

This MTV special is different from the No Quarter disc ? I was never a video guy. I own TSRST on VHS and an unopened Blu-ray version, The 2003 issue, The Wall and Bowie's Ziggy Finale on DVD (a gift) .That's my video collection.

The 94 stuff doesn't have the same appeal as 96 & 98 ESPECIALLY . Jimmy was on fire and I prefer The Clarksdale tracks live .

I listened to No Quarter 5x including when I bought the remaster. 95 Glastonbury is a show I really like and tacked that Rain Song on my download for disc to follow The Song Remains the Same. SRS without Rain Song is like cornflakes without milk. Next stop u-tube.  Unledded MTV special. Thanks I will rip the audio.

By the way, I am a very fortunate man and envy is a rare emotion but that vinyl has me green as an Avocado. Spectacular!

My knowledge of Bootleg Vinyl is something I am trying to expand along with my collection of Vinyl. Can you recommend a source (preferably a book to reference and eventually commit to memory) that correlates CD Titles with their Vinyl counterparts ?  I'm starting off with the staples LA, Seattle, New York in 180-200 (if possible) I do not want to make costly mistakes .  

The "No Quarter" video and audio releases ARE the MTV Unplugged "Un-Ledded" special recorded in London 1994. They are the one and the same.

As for a good vinyl bootleg discography source, it is out of print now but Robert Goodwin wrote an Illustrated Collectors Guide to Led Zeppelin that you can sometimes find at used bookstores or thru bookfinder.com

There is also Argenteum Astrum's LZ database website, where he lists every LZ concert date and how many source tapes exist for each date and the CD and Vinyl bootleg titles derived from the tapes.

http://www.argenteumastrum.com/vinyl_bootlegs.htm

http://www.argenteumastrum.com.

Edited by Strider

11 hours ago, Walter said:

July 24, 1979 

Me too! What a MONSTER show! This is one of my favorite Zep shows period. All members are bringing their all, Plant sounds great, Jimmy is on fire like a batman costume from 1975, and the Jones / Bonzo engine room are taking no prisoners.

Those Dutch bastards got two spectacular shows that weekend. If the Knebworth shows in August were even half as good as those July shows were, Knebworth would have been leveled ala Perth 72'.

Edited by IpMan

32 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Me too! What a MONSTER show! This is one of my favorite Zep shows period. All members are bringing their all, Plant sounds great, Jimmy is on fire like a batman costume from 1975, and the Jones / Bonzo engine room are taking no prisoners.

Those Dutch bastards got two spectacular shows that weekend. If the Knebworth shows in August were even half as good as those July shows were, Knebworth would have been leveled ala Perth 72'.

Hey buddy....and fellow Perth-ite??? 

Dutch???? You mean Danish???? I'm sure you were waiting for one of us to point out your deliberate mistake??? Haha

Have a good day mate 

17 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Hey buddy....and fellow Perth-ite??? 

Dutch???? You mean Danish???? I'm sure you were waiting for one of us to point out your deliberate mistake??? Haha

Have a good day mate 

Meh, Dutch, Danish, all the same to me. Though I prefer a nice Danish to a Dutch Oven any day.

• 2 weeks later...

The Winterland show from 26/4/69.

The following night's SB is great(especially How Many More Times) but I actually think I preffer this audience recording. Much better quality than its typically rated(slightly distorted but with a real kick to it) and I really think it gets across the sheer power of this era much successfully with Page's guitar especially sounding incredible. My favourite versions of most of the blues tracks but I think its the ending of As Long As I Have You and the first WLL that really makes it especial, maybe the most powerful Zep ever sounded.

• 2 weeks later...