What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

On July 27, 2016 at 9:01 PM, Strider said:

The "No Quarter" video and audio releases ARE the MTV Unplugged "Un-Ledded" special recorded in London 1994. They are the one and the same.

As for a good vinyl bootleg discography source, it is out of print now but Robert Goodwin wrote an Illustrated Collectors Guide to Led Zeppelin that you can sometimes find at used bookstores or thru bookfinder.com

There is also Argenteum Astrum's LZ database website, where he lists every LZ concert date and how many source tapes exist for each date and the CD and Vinyl bootleg titles derived from the tapes.

http://www.argenteumastrum.com/vinyl_bootlegs.htm

http://www.argenteumastrum.com.

Lol. I forgot about this. I bought the DVD too.  I don't know how I missed that version of Rain Song on the disc but it's beautiful.

No luck on the book but Argent Astrum has been pretty much on the money although I'd like more detail .

Bought a bunch of Vinyl at a Flea Market and link was very helpful.

Thank you.

New BBC disc one. I really love the sound. 

I'm so happy  the overdubs , for the most part , where done  in 69.

Picked up  LED ZEPPELIN DAY BY DAY by Marc Roberty. All about the music. Great insight on the BBC recordings. And every other release . It doesn't  go much in to Boots but the author does make it known what is out there and dates  worth seeking out .

On September 27, 2016 at 8:21 PM, juxtiphi said:

Been deep into Feburary 75 from the 3rd all the way up to the 28th.

That was a great run too. But what followed was legendary. The Baton Rouge show has a great AUD tape. I like it as much as the great SBD.

Listening almost nothing but Dazed and Confused 69-73. Trying to find the 5 best.

1/14/73 Liverpool on Godfather right now. The SBD is one of the worst. But it's a great performance 

34 minutes ago, Jimmywalnutz said:

That was a great run too. But what followed was legendary. The Baton Rouge show has a great AUD tape. I like it as much as the great SBD.

Listening almost nothing but Dazed and Confused 69-73. Trying to find the 5 best.

1/14/73 Liverpool on Godfather right now. The SBD is one of the worst. But it's a great performance 

HaHa!

My playlist is

No Quarter

Moby Dick

Dazed And Confused

all the 1975 gigs in a row with some 73s thrown in here and there for good measure! It 's been playing 24/7 for months

Edited by juxtiphi

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:53 PM, juxtiphi said:

HaHa!

My playlist is

No Quarter

Moby Dick

Dazed And Confused

all the 1975 gigs in a row with some 73s thrown in here and there for good measure! It 's been playing 24/7 for months

Less so Moby Dick(although 25/3/75 is my favourite version of it) but I definitely get into the mode of listening to loads of 75 versions of No Quarter and Dazed, especially the 2nd half of the US tour and EC. Moreso than any other era I think the bands efforts were focused on those two epics in 75 plus I think they also represent something different to the rest of there career. The jazz/classical/rock fusion in NQ obviously but Dazed I think became much more about atmosphere in 75, rather different from the hypercharged 73 versions.

Zep's folky and indeed poppy side is often mentioned as an alternative to there image just as hard rock monsters but these 75 tracks show you they also went quite far down the path of prog, albeit more akin to say Pink Floyd that the tasteless excesses of the likes of ELP.

Edited by greenman

Playing Dazed 4/2/73. Great version the tape not so much.

I love the 75 and 77 NQs . Pre- 75 they were pretty consistent. The playing was real tight. The unadulterated SRS version recorded  7/27/73 is my favorite early NQ.

I love the heavy Zep of the first few months of 73. Jimmy and Bonzo were locked. JPJ was intuitive and solid as always. Those heavy jams never made it to a US show. Landover 75 is pretty heavy as is 4/28/77 but nothing ever came close to Europe 73.

Starting in  75 is when NQ became almost as improv as Dazed. No two the same. I like the jazzy ones but the boogie jam from 6/7/77 and 6/23/77 are my absolute favorites.

I can't  do 20 + minutes of Moby Dick.  I do enjoy the shorter versions and Pats Delight.

Dazed is just so good over the years. For me 3/27/77 is just too long and doesn't go anywhere.

Seattle 3/21/75 is nearly as long but just so interesting and the For What  It's Worth interlude is moving and dark.

I would have loved to see that  live.

From the Dazed videos I've seen  it had to be an awesome experience.

Enjoy