What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

On 04/02/2018 at 7:18 PM, Cosmic_Equilibrium said:

Houston 1977. Interesting show - band seems rather laidback, but Bonham is very energetic. Really good version of SIBLY on this show.

EDIT: Holy crap, an absolutely amazing version of NQ too here! I've not heard the middle section done like that before, much more hard rock than anything. Gets the job done nicely.

Amazing sound quality on that one, but like the current 1977 soundboards not one of the best performances I’ve heard.

Love/hate 1977 I get the feeling that some gigs would have been better experiencing the show than listening to the tape.

cutting back some of the bloat in NQ, white summer/black mountainside, over the top and the guitar solo would have tightened the shows no end. But those days were what they were.

Maybe there is a killer 1977 soundboard out there somewhere to go with the LA Millard tapes.

4 minutes ago, Slowfoot said:

Amazing sound quality on that one, but like the current 1977 soundboards not one of the best performances I’ve heard.

Love/hate 1977 I get the feeling that some gigs would have been better experiencing the show than listening to the tape.

cutting back some of the bloat in NQ, white summer/black mountainside, over the top and the guitar solo would have tightened the shows no end. But those days were what they were.

Maybe there is a killer 1977 soundboard out there somewhere to go with the LA Millard tapes.

Sorry but you aren't going to get a killer soundboard from 1977 because they changed the recording equipment at the mixing desk. The way they recorded the soundboards in '77 doesn't pick up Jonesey's new Alembic bass properly. It also flattens Bonham's stainless steel kit sound.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

How does it compare with the Winston Remaster "Goodnight Vienna"?

Moonchild which uses Winston Remaster Im assuming maybe a bit louder than A Very Nice Night by EAP.They're both very close in sound.A show this hot is worth having a few different titles of.

Matter of taste as well.

Edited by Ocean73

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Sorry but you aren't going to get a killer soundboard from 1977 because they changed the recording equipment at the mixing desk. The way they recorded the soundboards in '77 doesn't pick up Jonesey's new Alembic bass properly. It also flattens Bonham's stainless steel kit sound.

There's plenty of bass in those recordings if you spend the time to bring it out. This is from Houston:

And this is from the next night:

Edited by SteveZ98
Added another sample.

4 hours ago, SteveZ98 said:

There's plenty of bass in those recordings if you spend the time to bring it out. This is from Houston:

Thanks for posting these 1977 remasters or whatever they are.  Both KILLER just like the Kashmir and Achilles you posted earlier.  FANTASTIC !  

7 hours ago, John M said:

Thanks for posting these 1977 remasters or whatever they are.  Both KILLER just like the Kashmir and Achilles you posted earlier.  FANTASTIC !  

Thanks. The thing I like best about these remasters is that they really let you hear what all three instrumentalists were playing. For me, the big deal with that is it shows what a great band Zep was at this point. Like a lot of people, I used to just focus Jimmy's playing and my opinion of a show rose or fell depending on how good of a night he had, mainly because his guitar was the instrument that came through best in the recordings. However, now being able to also hear the full spectrum of what Bonzo and Jonsey were playing made it clear how great those two were individually and how well the three of them worked together as a group, so even if one of them was not at their peak on a given night, the other two more than made up for it. 

On 2/5/2018 at 4:27 PM, SteveZ98 said:

And this is from the next night:

OK. That's a helluva lot better than my EVSD soundboard. Still missing some frequencies in the guitar and bass but a major improvement. Hope they get around to remastering May 30, 1977.

"Thank you. Good evening. It seems so early really to do a concert, you know? Cause we only got out of bed about two thirty. So you see, I just finished me bacon and egg, and here we are. Well this might, what's the name of this place? So, we go to Mobile. So, we go to Bombay. So, we go to Hong Kong. So, we go to Bangkok, and everywhere we go it always seems to be wild, the same."

He said that before TSRTS.  Great show and a great recording.  Led Zeppelin in Mobile, Alabama.

7 hours ago, blindwillie127 said:

Big improvement!!! I love how you remove the tinny sound...and replace it with power and oomph! Keep 'em coming Steve, your work is much appreciated

Thanks. I really like this version of this song. Check out Bonzo starting around the 7:00 minute mark. 

15 hours ago, SteveZ98 said:

Thanks. I really like this version of this song. Check out Bonzo starting around the 7:00 minute mark. 

Thats some crazy foot action right there! Never heard Bonham do that in SIBLY before. I also like like Page's solo, its pretty laid back but its not bad at all. Too bad that the camera on Page is so out of focus/blurry. Keep 'em coming Steve...B)

February 10, 1975 Capitol Center, Landover Maryland. EVSD's "Hellfire Club" soundboard. Someone at EVSD is obviously a fan of the old British classic "The Avengers". The title "Hellfire Club" is the name of a kinky club in the episode "A Touch of Brimstone" from the fourth season. Emma Peel has some wicked whipping scenes in a corset and boots and spiked collar. Of course, back when this episode originally aired these scenes were sanitized for British tv and outright banned by American tv (ABC was the network that broadcast the show in the U.S.). It wasn't until years later that us Diana Rigg fans had our lust satiated.

Hellfire-Club.jpg.48b7bdc8f6146e0255b238d819ffc8dc.jpg