What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

I don't have that many 1970 shows.  How often did they have the keyboards in Whole Lotta Love like in this one?  Reminds me a bit of Steppenwolf or Deep Purple.  Also of note here - the different intro to How Many More Times, and the relaxed bass solo in Communication Breakdown.  If only this entire show exists in the quality of the last 4 songs here. 

April 10, 1977 - Chicago -- The first good/great '77 show.  I love Plant's introduction of "Ten Years Gone": "In England, it's very important to take the one you love to the back seat of the school bus and promise that forever and ever, you will be together...it never works that way, but you can try it in every town" :lol:

19 hours ago, John M said:

KEZAR.  I wish we had the whole show in the quality of the last few tracks.    I love Bonham's little twist on the intro "a - one, a two, a-three, a- four!"

What a show, I absolutely love it. Funny, I like the very good audience source, the flat SB leaves me cold.

Anyway, certainly one of the best concerts of their ninth US tour.

July 23, 1973 - Baltimore -- Listening in full for the first time, thanks to rm2551!  Such a treat to finally hear this version of "Dazed And Confused" after reading about it for several years!  I'm at the bow solo in Dazed right now; great show so far, would kill for a soundboard!

Well, after some deep introspective, maybe this isn't the worst performance of Achilles. Nothing that compares to the 4th--the boot or the slightly touched up DVD--but nothing to cringe about (imo)... I guess one day I'll listen to Tempe '77 & have a real good conniption...

On 3/27/2018 at 10:37 AM, Bonzo_fan said:

March 27, 1975 - Los Angeles -- Always been one of my favourites.  It's certainly a long one--the average song length (if you just take the total length of the show, accounting for cuts in the tape, and divide by 15) is almost 15 minutes!

- longest "Sick Again" of '75

- longest ever "Over The Hills And Far Away"

- longest ever "In My Time Of Dying"

- longest "Kashmir" of '75

- second-longest "No Quarter" of '75 and seventh-longest overall

- second-longest "Trampled Under Foot" of all time

- longest ever "Dazed And Confused" (by a country mile)

- seventh-longest "Stairway To Heaven" of all time

- longest ever "Black Dog"

I had no idea. Can't wait to nitpick this one lol.

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, after some deep introspective, maybe this isn't the worst performance of Achilles. Nothing that compares to the 4th--the boot or the slightly touched up DVD--but nothing to cringe about (imo)... I guess one day I'll listen to Tempe '77 & have a real good conniption...

If you don't listen to Tempe closely it almost sounds normal. If you do then you realize they're all playing out of sync. It's quite a comedy routine.