What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

Pure Blues original vinyl rip - I found it on the Black Beauty site.  Amazing quality. SIBLY is just fantastic, as is the rest of the set.  I don't think I have ever heard a better version of this recording.  Mostly before this I had various versions of Mudslide and an old copy of Pure Blues, or Pb as it was called.

I saw on another thread where some folks were noting this this show as the best SIBLY ever.  I tend to agree.  Page is restrained compared to later versions, but the mood is perfect especially with the haunting organ.  And this is peak Plant.  He is just magnificent here - so much range and power.

46 minutes ago, John M said:

Pure Blues original vinyl rip - I found it on the Black Beauty site.  Amazing quality. SIBLY is just fantastic, as is the rest of the set.  I don't think I have ever heard a better version of this recording.  Mostly before this I had various versions of Mudslide and an old copy of Pure Blues, or Pb as it was called.

I saw on another thread where some folks were noting this this show as the best SIBLY ever.  I tend to agree.  Page is restrained compared to later versions, but the mood is perfect especially with the haunting organ.  And this is peak Plant.  He is just magnificent here - so much range and power.

I’ve checked that show out. If memory serves, the guitar is really low in the mix. Drums and vocals really high. Am I right? 

Just now, Xolo1974 said:

I’ve checked that show out. If memory serves, the guitar is really low in the mix. Drums and vocals really high. Am I right? 

Yes and that makes it quite interesting, at least to my ears.  You can really appreciate Plant and Bonham.  Jones is up there too - especially the organ.  Bass is loud enough.  The guitar is sometimes loud sometimes, lower in the mix.  Sure the mix could be better but what is there is so clear and sounds great.  I have other versions of the show where it seems more balanced but not as clear.

12 hours ago, John M said:

The Graf Zeppelin release is an excellent 3 cd set.The rare lp "Pb" along with the audience recording is presented.Definitive possibly.