Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Misfit

What show or live song are you listening to now?

4,183 posts in this topic

I've been addicted to Four Blocks in the Snow 2/12/75 and A Long, Long Way From Home 7/29/73. Both are fantastic shows!

I think No Quarter has become my favorite live Zep song. I dig listening to the versions from each tour as it grew from 73-75-77. I really like the 73 versions, they were short, compact, and very eerie and atmospheric. 77 was more of a long jam, in lieu of Dazed & Confused.

I agree, I find myself listening to it the most out of any Zep song since I pretty much just listen to live recordings these days.

Stairway to Heaven 2/12/75, Four Blocks in the Snow. I've been pretty addicted to this show for a while.

Edited by JimmyPageZoSo56

Stairway to Heaven 2/12/75, Four Blocks in the Snow. I've been pretty addicted to this show for a while.

Love No Quarter from that show.

6/21/77

This is my first time ever hearing No Quarter from this show. For some reason my old version didn't have it.

Pretty decent show that's for sure. The sound of that matrix is phenomenal also.

Just watching (and listening of course!!) to the 02 gig, Kashmir atm, AMAZINGLY POWERFUL

Still on my kick of listening to No Quarter live. Digging 6/23/77 right now, the version Luis Rey calls the best ever...

Just home from work, drinking a Racer 5 IPA and gearing up for a trip out to the garage to do a little listening. Been enjoying 3/16 and 3/24/1973 lately (Due to Tom Kid's thread, thanks Tom!). Like the suggestion of 2/12/75, I have the matrix, it's one of the best I've heard but I think I'll start off with the No Quarter from 6/25/77. It's has some incredable breaks at the end. Listened to the end of New Orleans '73 last night, awesome Heartbreaker>Whole Lotta Love!

Just home from work, drinking a Racer 5 IPA and gearing up for a trip out to the garage to do a little listening. Been enjoying 3/16 and 3/24/1973 lately (Due to Tom Kid's thread, thanks Tom!). Like the suggestion of 2/12/75, I have the matrix, it's one of the best I've heard but I think I'll start off with the No Quarter from 6/25/77. It's has some incredable breaks at the end. Listened to the end of New Orleans '73 last night, awesome Heartbreaker>Whole Lotta Love!

Racer 5 IPA rules! Love a good IPA, I'm a hop freak.

Racer 5 IPA rules! Love a good IPA, I'm a hop freak.

Tried Green Flash's West Coast or Russian River's Pliny the Elder? My two favs! The new Ranger from New Belgium is good too, I never really liked much from them but this stuff is good.

BTW I ended up listening to 6/27/77. Wow, the No Quarter is awesome! I also listened to some King Crimson from Asbury Park '74, the show that ended up on Made in USA and a little Janis from Port Chester, NY, 08/08/70. Then I celebrated the 32 anniversery of the 10/21/78 Grateful Dead show (the first show I dosed at!!!) by listening to the new matrix! Kickin' Other One > Stella Blue!

Can't wait for the weekend!

Tried Green Flash's West Coast or Russian River's Pliny the Elder? My two favs! The new Ranger from New Belgium is good too, I never really liked much from them but this stuff is good.

Yes and yes! Pliny is a classic. Not available in Michigan, but I'm such a beer geek I do trades for California beers. I have Bells Two Hearted in my kegerator, which is the #2 ranked IPA on RateBeer.com. You can check out my beer ratings here:

mattmc1973 beer ratings

Still on my kick of listening to No Quarter live. Digging 6/23/77 right now, the version Luis Rey calls the best ever...

Love what these guy's are doing !

It Might Get Loud....again :D

After two days of seeing JPJ, Robert and JBLZE all playing in a varity of locations.. I was thinking about Jimmy and wondering, with respect...WHEN is he going to back on stage? Still have faith..but would be nice to see all of them.

It Might Get Loud....again :D

After two days of seeing JPJ, Robert and JBLZE all playing in a varity of locations.. I was thinking about Jimmy and wondering, with respect...WHEN is he going to back on stage? Still have faith..but would be nice to see all of them.

Maybe when his book is finally out maybe things will start happening. Right now I'm listening to "The Best Of Rockline Live, PT. 3"

Listen here: http://www.rocklineradio.com/replay/replay.php

The Ocean - How The West Was Won.

Jimmy is very into his LZ bootlegs, that room full of records from It might get loud is mostly LZ boots!

Tried listening to a few tracks from 6/29 & 6/30 of 1980, but it was too painful to hear. Sounds like they replaced Jimmy with a beginning guitar student who's been playing for a month. Ugh.

Tried listening to a few tracks from 6/29 & 6/30 of 1980, but it was too painful to hear. Sounds like they replaced Jimmy with a beginning guitar student who's been playing for a month. Ugh.

Matt, skip to the last three songs of 6/30/80 immediately! They will restore your faith!

I must go listen to them now!

Edited by chef free

:D An insult to beginner guitar students everywhere! And those are considered the best shows of the tour!

You really wanna hear a 1980 show where Zep sounds like a bad cover/garage band? Try Hannover (24 June) or a large part of the Berlin show (specially if you're a "White Summer" fan...) YMMV.

19.3.75 Soundboard, sounding splendid thru headphones.

Today is NOT John Bonhams birthday! :D