What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

TSRTS/TR~SA 1977/06/27. Call me crazy, but EVSD's 'Just Can't Be Satisfied' sounds better than the "1st gen" tapes.

I don't mind EVSD's mastering in general. I prefer the sound of their Maximum Destroyer, for example, to the low gen. (master?) release.

np:

"Whole Lotta Love" medley, 27/02/1972

I don't mind EVSD's mastering in general. I prefer the sound of their Maximum Destroyer, for example, to the low gen. (master?) release.

EVSD seems to catch alot of flack (.FLAC?) for the way they master things which isn't totally false, Nutrocker is right, the aud patch on the 1977/05/30 SBD does sound terrible, but EVSD has done a lot of good with other things. And IMO, the Winston Remaster of 1977/04/27 is the best-sounding version to my ears.

EVSD seems to catch alot of flack (.FLAC?) for the way they master things which isn't totally false, Nutrocker is right, the aud patch on the 1977/05/30 SBD does sound terrible, but EVSD has done a lot of good with other things. And IMO, the Winston Remaster of 1977/04/27 is the best-sounding version to my ears.

Haven't heard that part yet. I'm not the biggest fan of Winston's work, but haven't heard his Destroyer - will have to check it out!

TSRTS/TR~SA 1977/06/27. Call me crazy, but EVSD's 'Just Can't Be Satisfied' sounds better than the "1st gen" tapes.

Sue, Watchtower's "Coherence" is even better than EVSD's version of 6-27-77.

Yeah, I've found EVSD can be hit & miss, like most labels. For instance, I think Godfatherecords versions of the 2.12.75 NY and 2.16.75 St. Louis and 3.11.75 Long Beach soundboards are better than EVSD's. But then, EVSD's "Maximum Destroyer" and "Listen to This, Eddie - Christmas Edition" are the best versions I've heard of these oft-booted shows.

NP:

5.17.75 Earl's Court.

Just got this the other day...it's the "Devils Banquet" title on Power Chord. I have never heard this show before now...the 5.18, 5.24 & 5.25 being the only Earl's Courts I had previously.

First night of the five night stand. I like the fact that it's an audience tape...you get more a sense of the vibe as soundboards can sound so anti-septic and cold.

I'm only on the first CD(there's 4 discs), and on IMTOD...so full impression of the performance will have to come later.