Jimmy Page book: post in here when you receive your copy!

hecube

I'm so happy for you that you've finally got your book aen. Enjoy! :DAnd please let us all know what you think of it when you get the time.

I'm still waiting for mine. I'm hoping later this week or next week. :unsure:

Monday I called my father from work while I was on my lunch break about something else and he told me that fed ex came at 9am and he thought the huge package was the book as it came from the UK. So I had to go through the next 3 1/2 hours before I could see for myself. When I saw it and saw "Genesis Publications," under the mailing stickers. I nearly fainted. Actually, I was so dumb stuck and was opening it in silence, privately. It like unwrapping a treasure. It comes in a black bag with "Jimmy Page Zoso" written in faded gold with gold cording. Ours will still have cover, though not made of leather. I didn't know that. The book is very heavy. I remember watching the video and how to peel off the plastic the front and back... showing that perspex cover of him. Funnily, I'm not afraid of touching the pages. Once you starting looking at it, it's impossible to stop. Genesis said they would let me know when they would mail it. They didn't. The date it was sent was 1/7. I was also so delighted it arrived the day after Pagey's birthday. There are no pictures of groupies, wives, etc. One with Charlotte arriving at Kembworth, Pagey just wrote "The arrival." The other with with Jackie DeShannon, showing him how she wants something played. He says nothing about how they dated,too at this time. He does confirm she did sing the backing vocal on "She Just Satifies." If you know enough about him to know to read between the lines and the pictures and when you do that, you can't help but fall in love with him all over again. There is a picture him in the Yardbirds looking up at the camera behind that black hair over one of his dark eyes. I can't get it out of my head. He even talks about one of his white suits from '72. He got it made in Hong Kong and he wanted it to be like T Bone Walker. He also says how much fun he had working with David Coverdale and had fun making the two videos. It was so cute the way he words it, "It was a good excuse to play some music, get dressed up and have a pose" and when Zep first arrived in Sydney after he had shaved his beard, in '72 he said it took them ages to work out who he was. There are many other adorable bits. That's just some. I forgot how adorable his humor is. The 'choir boy' picture at the beginnning is fantastic. I was stunned by the pictures with Brian Jones as they are working on the Degree of Murder soundtrack, taken by Ian Stewart. I knew he did it but the pictures are extremely interesting. The Sphinx picture is there as well as the photo shoot of him in his pin stripe suit from '76. There are also some gorgous post Zep pictures too, especially from the "dark lord" period that Jimmy's A Legand (Lucia) and I call the '85-95 period. The picture on the plane wing is real. According to Jimmy it was taken in LA. It is so adicting to want to look at it constantly. I abolutely love it.

My book is # 554

Hope yours arrvies soon Magic Fills the Air

Monday I called my father from work while I was on my lunch break about something else and he told me that fed ex came at 9am and he thought the huge package was the book as it came from the UK. So I had to go through the next 3 1/2 hours before I could see for myself. When I saw it and saw "Genesis Publications," under the mailing stickers. I nearly fainted. Actually, I was so dumb stuck and was opening it in silence, privately. It like unwrapping a treasure. It comes in a black bag with "Jimmy Page Zoso" written in faded gold with gold cording. Ours will still have cover, though not made of leather. I didn't know that. The book is very heavy. I remember watching the video and how to peel off the plastic the front and back... showing that perspex cover of him. Funnily, I'm not afraid of touching the pages. Once you starting looking at it, it's impossible to stop. Genesis said they would let me know when they would mail it. They didn't. The date it was sent was 1/7. I was also so delighted it arrived the day after Pagey's birthday. There are no pictures of groupies, wives, etc. One with Charlotte arriving at Kembworth, Pagey just wrote "The arrival." The other with with Jackie DeShannon, showing him how she wants something played. He says nothing about how they dated,too at this time. He does confirm she did sing the backing vocal on "She Just Satifies." If you know enough about him to know to read between the lines and the pictures and when you do that, you can't help but fall in love with him all over again. There is a picture him in the Yardbirds looking up at the camera behind that black hair over one of his dark eyes. I can't get it out of my head. He even talks about one of his white suits from '72. He got it made in Hong Kong and he wanted it to be like T Bone Walker. He also says how much fun he had working with David Coverdale and had fun making the two videos. It was so cute the way he words it, "It was a good excuse to play some music, get dressed up and have a pose" and when Zep first arrived in Sydney after he had shaved his beard, in '72 he said it took them ages to work out who he was. There are many other adorable bits. That's just some. I forgot how adorable his humor is. The 'choir boy' picture at the beginnning is fantastic. I was stunned by the pictures with Brian Jones as they are working on the Degree of Murder soundtrack, taken by Ian Stewart. I knew he did it but the pictures are extremely interesting. The Sphinx picture is there as well as the photo shoot of him in his pin stripe suit from '76. There are also some gorgous post Zep pictures too, especially from the "dark lord" period that Jimmy's A Legand (Lucia) and I call the '85-95 period. The picture on the plane wing is real. According to Jimmy it was taken in LA. It is so adicting to want to look at it constantly. I abolutely love it.

My book is # 554

Hope yours arrvies soon Magic Fills the Air

Thank you so much aen for taking the time to give us your opinion on the book. It's lovely hearing about the actual content of book which no has really talked about on here before and Page's perspective on things, especially from another female Page devotee! :wub: I'm really looking forward to viewing the pictures you mentioned with my own eyes. I'm not surprised you can't put it down. I'm sure mine will consume many hours of my time when it arrives.

I am hoping mine will arrive sometime next week. I wish Genesis would let us know when they shipped so I can make sure I'm at home when it arrives.

It's great to hear such positive feedback from everyone who's received their's so far. It seems it was worth the money, and the very long wait!

It came today. I am relieved, excited and I can't stop looking at it. I have # 554. :wub:

Congrats to you and hecube!!! I am still waiting on #665.... I called my pet sitter today as I am in CT and nothing yet. Thanks to everyone who has posted pictures, video's and comments..I have read and listened to everyone of them!! I can't wait to get mine, hopefully soon :book:

I was stunned by the pictures with Brian Jones as they are working on the Degree of Murder soundtrack, taken by Ian Stewart. I knew he did it but the pictures are extremely interesting.

Jimmy and Brian together??!! :o:faint1:

Congrats to you and hecube!!! I am still waiting on #665.... I called my pet sitter today as I am in CT and nothing yet. Thanks to everyone who has posted pictures, video's and comments..I have read and listened to everyone of them!! I can't wait to get mine, hopefully soon :book:

It's odd that you haven't received yours since mine is #716. I'm sure it's just around the corner.

As for me, I had no intention of opening the whole thing at work with prying eyes and fingers all around, so it sat below my desk:

IMG_0244.jpg

The only thing I did was to get it out of the shipping bag, just to reveal:

IMG_0245.jpg

A view of the perspex:

IMG_0248.JPG

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0250.jpg

Here's a teaser:

IMG_0247.jpg

hecube, I bet that was really a long day at the office!! Mine may well be at the post office as the roads in Atlanta are still iced up...especially where I am at in the mountains. It would make me crazy to know it was there and I am not home!! Thanks for the photos :-)

Mine wasn't in the 500 range...it was 6XX-something. Anyway, I just picked it up at the local FedEx office (near Denver). I'll be opening it here in a few minutes!

Congratulations! It's like Christmas all over again!

I am so happy for all who are getting their long awaited books.

Keep posting your impressions and pictures so we can enjoy it vicariously with you, those of us who did not purchase one.

Thanks to all for the revews and photos in this thread!

hecube, I bet that was really a long day at the office!! Mine may well be at the post office as the roads in Atlanta are still iced up...especially where I am at in the mountains. It would make me crazy to know it was there and I am not home!! Thanks for the photos :-)

It was a really long day. Especially the last hour or so...

I see em for £7.50 at Knebby, way to go.

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, Now go to bed. :o;):lol:

7.50 "You Lucky lucky B*rst*rd" Life Of brian 1979

What bed so you can you know :whistling::shifty:

I take it you will not be ordering a copy :lol:

Well its a bit of a P*ss take isn't it, as nice as it is though, and it does look lovely.

I just finished up with the book. I'm totally happy about it. I'm not disappointed at all. Some people don't dig that many of the photos are common, but it's not a concern to me. I'm happy with the rarities...and I'm happy with the common ones too. I especially dig the details in the common pics that I haven't seen before: with the size of the pages and the resolution, the details show me things I haven't noticed before (guitar gear)! Also, some people don't dig that tour dates are wrong. I honestly didn't pay attention to the dates: I have my Luis Rey, Dave Lewis books...but especially internet forums for serious collectors to get the latest corrections.

My favorite photos are...Bonham with a bass...and Bonham with a guitar!

Thank you hecube for those fantastic photos. :)

Mine is #1067 and I want it so badly. It was a birthday present from my partner but that was back in September! :unsure:

Leddy if you think the price is a 'piss take' you should see how much the Deluxe editions are selling for on ebay, over £2000! :o I'm kicking myself for not ordering two copies now as I'll never sell mine.

Mine is #1067 and I want it so badly. It was a birthday present from my partner but that was back in September! :unsure:

Leddy if you think the price is a 'piss take' you should see how much the Deluxe editions are selling for on ebay, over £2000! :o I'm kicking myself for not ordering two copies now as I'll never sell mine.

The biggest problem I had (after the price), was that although they were "Limited Editions" there wasn't a "one copy only' policy in place (if in fact it was ever released with the "fans" totally in mind), ensuring that it went to those who'd treasure it most and not end up as a mere commodity to buy and sell.

The investment value would've remained and eliminated potential profiteering as seen on Ebay.

Blind Freddy could see it would increase in value.

Anyone paying 2000 quid hoping to recoup their initial outlay and make a profit will be waiting a long time for a return on their investment, IMO.

Besides who on this forum is willing to pay that amount anyway and conversely would ever sell their copy, at any price?

It'd be interesting to know and the reasoning behind it.

Also, Does anyone think it'd be disappointing, that if a member of this forum had to sell it (say for hardship reasons), they didn't offer it up here first at a reasonable price on a first come, first served basis?

It's obvious collectors have (probably) got it and contrary to popular belief they don't buy and sell very much between themselves unless they have multiple copies.

BTW, if I could've afforded it I would've purchased one myself.

Leddy if you think the price is a 'piss take' you should see how much the Deluxe editions are selling for on ebay, over £2000! :o

QUOTE Peter Grant 1973

"Its f*cking typical as long as you can screw an extra few bob out of the group"

Archived