Jimmy Page book: post in here when you receive your copy!

hecube

Wow - some really choice language being used here. Hope you don't have kids as I bet they are going through hell at the moment.

Chill, otherwise you won't be around to appreciate this fabulous book. I know that it's been a long wait but the guys at Genesis are perfectionists and want to give us something we will treasure. Jimmy added a lot more than originally intended which caused early delays but it has made the book something special.

I have a number of their books and this surpasses most of them. I've even visited their place in Guildford - they are a small but highly skilled and customer focussed team who produce great books and also do their very best to maintain a good relationship with their customers. Don't forget the books are hand bound - not just punched out by a machine somewhere.

Do you know what, at the end of the day if you don't like it you can always go on E-bay and make some money - that might cool you down but you will miss out on owning something special.

Wow - some really choice language being used here. Hope you don't have kids as I bet they are going through hell at the moment.

Chill, otherwise you won't be around to appreciate this fabulous book. I know that it's been a long wait but the guys at Genesis are perfectionists and want to give us something we will treasure. Jimmy added a lot more than originally intended which caused early delays but it has made the book something special.

I have a number of their books and this surpasses most of them. I've even visited their place in Guildford - they are a small but highly skilled and customer focussed team who produce great books and also do their very best to maintain a good relationship with their customers. Don't forget the books are hand bound - not just punched out by a machine somewhere.

Do you know what, at the end of the day if you don't like it you can always go on E-bay and make some money - that might cool you down but you will miss out on owning something special.

Explain how others have higher numbers and have received there book but mine is still at the binders? I have gotten nothing but lie after lie after lie from these idiots!

Yeah I don't get it either.

I was told I'd get it before Christmas but that didn't happen.

I did finally get it recently, but I'd rather them have told me "by mid January" instead.

Did they know it would come after Christmas? That's hard to say.

Maybe there was something wrong with your particular copy and they are redoing that part? Your book may have been one that didn't pass inspection.

Yeah I don't get it either.

I was told I'd get it before Christmas but that didn't happen.

I did finally get it recently, but I'd rather them have told me "by mid January" instead.

Did they know it would come after Christmas? That's hard to say.

Maybe there was something wrong with your particular copy and they are redoing that part? Your book may have been one that didn't pass inspection.

I've just got my book! :thumbsup: I wasn't expecting it until next week, so it was a lovely surprise! :D

The quality is amazing, and the pictures are simply stunning. I've only had a quick look through it, there's so much to look at. I really love it. :wub:

Some pictures below:

Pagebook_1.jpg

Pagebook_2.jpg

I'm off to have a good browse! :book:

Hows the book ?? still looking at it ?? is there much text ??

Hows the book ?? still looking at it ?? is there much text ??

Hi leddy, the book's amazing. There's not much text. A few choice comments from Jimmy with his dry humour. Yes, I'm still looking at it! :D I'm waiting until everyone on here has received their copies before I post any photos of the contents.

Hi leddy, the book's amazing. There's not much text. A few choice comments from Jimmy with his dry humour. Yes, I'm still looking at it! :D I'm waiting until everyone on here has received their copies before I post any photos of the contents.

Thats very thoughtful :) good stuff, look forward to some photos sometime :)

Thats very thoughtful :) good stuff, look forward to some photos sometime :)

I'm starting a thread in the photo section of the forum for members to post photos from Jimmy's book.

If anyone is still waiting for their book and doesn't wait to see them, then keep away from that thread! ;)

I thought it would be nice for everyone who has the book to share their favourite photos with other members. :)

I finally received my Jimmy Page book today? Funny how we were told it was still at the binders until next week? I will be posting more on my my thoughts on the book and on how Genesis publishing handled the situation later. For now I will just say that they are lying MOTHER FUCKERS! When I posted something on this site about my frustration on the handling of my book, I was forced to take down the post or not receive the book I paid for last April! I have my book now so I can say what I want! Unbelievable a publishing company trying to sensor me! I have one thing to say to Dave at Genesis! FUCK YOU! and your company! If your so worried about your "reputation" Why not provide good service for your clients? Just because you make a quality product does not give you the right to LIE to us! I don't care how nice the book is GENESIS PUBLISHING SUCKS!I hope Jimmy Page finds out about the horrible way they handled his book! This will be the last thing I buy that is endorsed by Mr.Page. Doing business with people (GENESIS PUBLISHING) like that no wonder Jimmy Page has no career in music anymore! :angry:

Dave if your monitoring this site like we were told you are instead of calling my wife call me direct 917-734-2816 I got a few choice words for you lying ass!

What exactly did Genesis Publishing lie about? I surely can understand being frustrated with the 10 month wait and the last minute changes. I'm just wondering what they said that would lead you to think they were being dishonest? Also, I wouldn't expect the books to be released in order. Since they're hand bound and done by several sets of hands, is it possible someone is running behind? On the other hand, I stand firm in free speech department & they've got some nerve making threats.

What exactly did Genesis Publishing lie about? I surely can understand being frustrated with the 10 month wait and the last minute changes. I'm just wondering what they said that would lead you to think they were being dishonest? Also, I wouldn't expect the books to be released in order. Since they're hand bound and done by several sets of hands, is it possible someone is running behind? On the other hand, I stand firm in free speech department & they've got some nerve making threats.

I off to work Motorhead tonight so I will post answers to your questions about Genesis Publishing and how they lied to us tomorrow! Thanks for the interest!

I off to work Motorhead tonight so I will post answers to your questions about Genesis Publishing and how they lied to us tomorrow! Thanks for the interest!

Few companies outright lie to their customers. It's probably more a case of unforeseen delays and lack of customer communication skills...

Not yet received my copy, but am happy to continue to enjoy the anticipation !! It's been a long wait but I'm content in the knowledge that Genesis are doing a good job, and I've been told that I can expect delivery mid Feb.

I've read the threads regarding accusations of bad customer service, but can only assume that these were born out of impatience and frustration, rather than any mis-information from Genesis. Chill out !! What difference does a few extra weeks make - half the fun is in the waiting !! I've had my order confirmed in writing, so am happy to look forward to it's arrival - end of. Judging by the recent comments, I know it'll be worth the wait. What's more I'm even planning to take a 1/2 day off work so fully savour the moment in isolation (when you've got young family you have to consider these things).

Not yet received my copy, but am happy to continue to enjoy the anticipation !! It's been a long wait but I'm content in the knowledge that Genesis are doing a good job, and I've been told that I can expect delivery mid Feb.

I've read the threads regarding accusations of bad customer service, but can only assume that these were born out of impatience and frustration, rather than any mis-information from Genesis. Chill out !! What difference does a few extra weeks make - half the fun is in the waiting !! I've had my order confirmed in writing, so am happy to look forward to it's arrival - end of. Judging by the recent comments, I know it'll be worth the wait. What's more I'm even planning to take a 1/2 day off work so fully savour the moment in isolation (when you've got young family you have to consider these things).

Make sure your book is safe from grubby little fingers!

Archived