Jimmy Page book: post in here when you receive your copy!

hecube

No, not received yet. Was told yesterday it'll be another 2 weeks. Not been told what number I am, but I didn't order until late August so I knew I'd have a fair while to wait. Am enjoying the anticipation, but am aching to see it !

Will post again here once received.

No, not received yet. Was told yesterday it'll be another 2 weeks. Not been told what number I am, but I didn't order until late August so I knew I'd have a fair while to wait. Am enjoying the anticipation, but am aching to see it !

Will post again here once received.

Just a little advise as I had one hell of a time with Genesis! They kept telling me that it was at the binders (which I found out is there standard line) when all along it was a mistake with there bank! There bank could not find the final payment that they took months before. Instead of just telling us that they lied and when I complained they threatened to sell my book that I paid for up front to another person! It took my wife to sort it out with there bank! The attitude of Genesis after they get there money is we will do and take as long as we want and if you don't like it they will sell your book to someone else! I suggest you keep on them and check to make sure that the bank they use did not screw up! The worst purchasing experience of my life and will never buy anything from them again! They SUCK! I hope you get your book soon! Good luck!

Is it common to have the glass cover delivered with scratches on it? Can I fix it myself or do I have to send this huge thing back for a replacement (which might also not be perfect)?

I have to say I'm very disappointed with this whole book. It was delayed very long, and now so many people have problems with the quality control.

#1552 has just arrived (hooray!). Stunning, awesome, and beautiful - from start to finish, inside and cover/casing.

With young family, I took time off work to avoid interruption). With a pile of CD's covering Jimmy's musical legacy to accompany me, I proceeded to lose myself in a 3-hour rock n roll haze

Delighted with the book. Thank you Jimmy, and thank you Genesis.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it common to have the glass cover delivered with scratches on it? Can I fix it myself or do I have to send this huge thing back for a replacement (which might also not be perfect)?

I have to say I'm very disappointed with this whole book. It was delayed very long, and now so many people have problems with the quality control.

No there should be NO scratches at all. Quality control SUCKS at Genesis. They knew it was scratched when they shipped it, but figured you waited so long that you would just accept it as is. I would insist they replace the cover. I am disgusted with Genesis company. Jimmy said he liked them because of their quality and ETHICS, you have got to be kidding.

#1552 has just arrived (hooray!). Stunning, awesome, and beautiful - from start to finish, inside and cover/casing.

With young family, I took time off work to avoid interruption). With a pile of CD's covering Jimmy's musical legacy to accompany me, I proceeded to lose myself in a 3-hour rock n roll haze

Delighted with the book. Thank you Jimmy, and thank you Genesis.

The book is stunning, isn't it? I've had mine since the end of January and I'm still amazed every time I look at it. It is my most treasured possession. :wub:

• 2 months later...

Inspiration ?

On 21 March 1944, Crowley undertook what he considered his crowning achievement, the publication of The Book of Thoth, limited to 200 numbered and signed copies bound in Morocco leather and printed on pre-wartime paper. Crowley sold ₤1,500 worth of the edition in less than three months.

• 4 months later...

Has everyone received their book?

I would hope so by now!

Hecube,

Over on one of the Facebook pages entitled 'Jimmy Page', a lady called Kathy Urich says that, although Jimmy had reserved #666 for himself, when Kathy asked Genesis if they would reserve #1944 for her, Genesis replied to her that Jimmy had reserved that one as well!!

Jimmy reserved 666 ?! :wizard:

Old news but true, confirmed by the staff at Genesis.

Hecube,

Over on one of the Facebook pages entitled 'Jimmy Page', a lady called Kathy Urich says that, although Jimmy had reserved #666 for himself, when Kathy asked Genesis if they would reserve #1944 for her, Genesis replied to her that Jimmy had reserved that one as well!!

That one is intriguing. This is of course JP's birth year...

Old news but true, confirmed by the staff at Genesis.

That one is intriguing. This is of course JP's birth year...

I wonder if those are the only ones he kept for himself? Perhaps, he may have given some of these away to friends or family members?

I wonder if those are the only ones he kept for himself? Perhaps, he may have given some of these away to friends or family members?

Hi SuperDave,

I recall that he did reserve a number of them for family and friends, but it is possible that he requested the copy numbers which had some personal significance to him. :wave:

Hi Kenog,

Has the British Library acquired a copy yet? According to the British Library website:

Publishers and distributors in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland have a legal obligation to send one copy of each of their publications to the Legal Deposit Office of the British Library within one month of publication.

This legal requirement dates back to 1662. Genesis had better get their act together!

Hello R,

I hope you are keeping well. :wave:

I had in fact posted in the 'News Forum' on 26 July 2011 that the book had been received and catalogued. I have copied the first post from that thread. Please note that I had asked for the rest of their back catalogue to be placed in the BL, and also made an enquiry as to whether the book could be transferred to different parts of the country and overseas.

26 July 2011

Back in April/May on the News Forum, I started a thread telling you about my attempts to get a copy of Jimmy's book put into the British Library in London. I had also related that I wanted the rest of Genesis' Publications back catalogue deposited. I am now able to advise that Genesis have finally deposited Jimmy's book and many others, bringing the total of Genesis Publication's books held at the BL up to33. (Previously, there had only been 6 Genesis Publications books held there). The books have gone through the cataloguing process, so if you are interested, check out the publisher's index on the British Library's website.

The British Library is in central London. The website gives details of any i.d. which you would need to bring along.

I should like to thank the fantastic Andrew Davis of the British Library, who did all the hard work in bringing this to fruition. It took eight months from the time when I first contacted Andrew.

As ever, I have copied below the last emails between Andrew and myself. You will note that I asked him if it would be possible to get the book sent to readers via an inter-library loan, so that it could be sent to our members at their local Library, whether in the UK or abroad. Unfortunately, you will see he replies 'no chance!'

Sent: 08 June 2011 18:11

To: Davis, Andrew

Subject: Re: Genesis Publications - other items in their back catalogue

Andrew,

I checked the British Library catalogue and found that the Jimmy Page title has been indexed. Many thanks for your help in acquiring the book. I have a couple of questions. Firstly, is there any sign of Genesis Publications having fulfilled their promise of forwarding the rest of their titles? Secondly, does the British Library operate an inter-library reference loan service, perhaps with the other deposit libraries in the UK? If it does, do you think they would send on such a heavy, expensive book as the Jimmy Page one, with the borrower paying the p&p? It is just a thought before I make my way down to London. Again, thanks for all you help and patience. xyz.

Fri, 10 June, 2011 8:40:24 RE: Genesis Publications - other items in their back catalogue

To:xyz<xyz@yahoo.co.uk

Dear xyz,

Q1 - Genesis have now supplied copies of all but 7 or 8 of the titles available to them.

Q2 - No chance, sorry! Legal Deposit content does not leave the premises of the deposit library.

Do speak with our Reading Rooms prior to your visit to ensure the books you wish to consult will be available to you.

Kind regards

Andrew

• 2 months later...

Archived