Jimmy Page book: post in here when you receive your copy!

hecube

This today from Mark Bowman via FBO - The Led Zeppelin Mailing List:

Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 12:04:27 +0000

Subject: GOT MY GENESIS BOOK!!!

This thing is absolutely UNBELIEVABLE....!

I just got my Collector's Edition delivered yesterday... WOW - what a magnificent statement from James Patrick Page on his life, his contributions to the WORLD and a legacy that will most likely be remembered along the lines of Bach, Mozart or Beethoven.....

I expected a lot and we have all been waiting a very long time for this, but I am so pleased to finally see the realization of his published vision..... I also am very, very pleased to have been included as one of the 70 photographers in Jimmy's final edit, so 2 of my photos have been included in this beautiful Genesis Publication... They are TRUE artisans and I feel it was worth every minute of the wait...

Some of the photos I have seen are just indescribable and it is such a comprehensive look at his entire musical sojourn in life.....

In the interest of not spoiling a single detail, I am going to leave it at that - "Jimmy-Style" - and let the mystery unfold as each of the people that obtained these treasures have a maximized experience of DISCOVERY when their delivery from Genesis arrives....

The Austin press was kind enough to generate some local press about my photos in Jimmy's book and they have a keen love of JP and his work... They are DYING to get him to be a part of the South By Southwest Music Conference scheduled for mid-March 2011 here in the lovely heart of Texas .....AUSTIN!

Hey, if Robert Plant, Pete Townshend, Neil Young and Lou Reed have been keynote speakers here in the past few years, then Mr. Page would most likely be the biggest and most prestigious keynote speaker in South By Southwest history... Also, what a KILLER showcase to introduce his new project that is rumoured to be unleashed in 2011..... Very interesting times, indeed..!

---------------------

Austinite Lands Two Photos in Jimmy Page Autobiography

By Michael Corcoran | Wednesday, September 15, 2010

PagewithMarkBowmanBucksBurnett.jpg

Jimmy Page and Mark Bowman; photo by Bucks Burnett

"Jimmy Page by Jimmy Page," the Led Zeppelin guitarist's upcoming autobiography in photos, will contain two photos by Austinite Mark Bowman. One is a shot of Page and Ronnie Lane backstage at the Erwin Center in 1988 and the other is of Page and Paul Rodgers onstage at the ARMS benefit concert in Dallas in 1983.

Bowman, who works for Fujifilm Medical, met Page about 25 years ago in Houston through Ronnie Lane. A rock photographer at the time, Bowman met Lane and his caretaker Bucks Burnett at a benefit and they all became close friends. Former Faces bassist Lane passed away in 1997 from multiple sclerosis after living for several years in Austin.

Bowman and his wife, Charlene, a marketing manager with Microsoft, were privileged to attend the 2007 Led Zeppelin reunion show at London's O2 Arena as guests of Page.

The Page book comes out in a limited edition on Genesis Publications Sept. 27. The price for the hard bound in Italian leather 500-pager is $685.

http://www.statesman...9/15/index.html

I've emailed I.E. Music to ask if they have any idea when JP's website will be up and running (I know others have done this in the past, but it might help to remind I.E. that we are still waiting). I dare say that I will get the usual non-committal answer along the lines of 'we will be contacting those who have signed up'. I'll post any reply I get here.

I've emailed I.E. Music to ask if they have any idea when JP's website will be up and running (I know others have done this in the past, but it might help to remind I.E. that we are still waiting). I dare say that I will get the usual non-committal answer along the lines of 'we will be contacting those who have signed up'. I'll post any reply I get here.

A usual polite non committing statement...but I'm sure eventually whenever that may be. Hopefully soon!

every day...I look for the box at my door when I come home from work like a kid on Christmas...

no such luck :(

...I received an email just yesterday Nov. 22 '10 regarding Shipping from David/Genesis. I also inquired if there are any photos for the public to view of The Legendary Page actually signing.......

"We start this week. Jimmy has simply signed bookplates which will be inserted into books during the binding process.

There are no photographs of him completing the signing - .................."

Regards

David

My Book # 920 - Not an exciting number but just for fun it has the cosmic 9 in it (My Invoice Date is May 25, 2010)

edited for clarity/posting....

"We start this week. Jimmy has simply signed bookplates which will be inserted into books during the binding process.

There are no photographs of him completing the signing - .................."

Regards

David

Perhaps David means Genesis does not have any photos of Jimmy completing the signing. I'd be willing to bet Ross Halfin took some. I will ask him.

Today I heard from Genesis: "Your book is currently being bound and will be shipped sometime between mid December & Christmas."

Not long now, folks. Just mind that drool slowing creeping down your chins... :P

Do you know what number you have?

And was that in response to an email you sent or was it sent uncalled for by Genesis?

Hi

I emailed with David yesterday. He stated that my copy 778 would likely ship in 3-4 weeks and before Christmas at the latest. . .too bad since it was a christmas present, but I guess I'm glad that its getting closer.

Cheers,

Hecube & VirusSnake: it was in response to a query from me. You'd think Genesis would send a general update to all the purchasers but perhaps they're busy enough as it is.

My book number is between 420 and 430. For some reason which I don't fully understand, I don't want to divulge the exact number. Not yet anyway. Maybe I'm channelling the secretive spirit of Jimmy Page. Or just being a pretentious nincompoop...

Hecube & VirusSnake: it was in response to a query from me. You'd think Genesis would send a general update to all the purchasers but perhaps they're busy enough as it is.

My book number is between 420 and 430. For some reason which I don't fully understand, I don't want to divulge the exact number. Not yet anyway. Maybe I'm channelling the secretive spirit of Jimmy Page. Or just being a pretentious nincompoop...

I'm voting nincompoop :)

What's the next promise?

The next logical ones would seem to be:

They will be signed before Christmas.

Jimmy will buy a pen before Christmas.

We got Christmas and Easter confused, but they will be delivered by Easter.

By Easter we mean Labour Day.

and finally:

As initially promised, delivery will be complete by Christmas....2011.

The next logical ones would seem to be:

They will be signed before Christmas.

Jimmy will buy a pen before Christmas.

We got Christmas and Easter confused, but they will be delivered by Easter.

By Easter we mean Labour Day.

and finally:

As initially promised, delivery will be complete by Christmas....2011.

Jimmy is waiting for the release of the official ZOSO pen before he signs the books. You've heard it here first...

Archived